Start by marking “The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith” as Want to Read:
The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith

The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith

4.76 of 5 stars 4.76  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The drive home seemed to be endless. My mind was a battleground of extremes. Ideas of what to do next to help find David seemed to constantly flood my thinking. Yet the negative side, thinking the worst of what might have happened to my son, was always occupying my mind. Though sleep was dearly needed, it was not welcomed, for even in sleep I was tormented. Confronting dep ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Father's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Father's Love

Dave Moore
Aug 20, 2011 Dave Moore rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I do not, and probably never will consider myself a writer. What I am is a person with an amazing story. The events of my book "The Father's Love" changed not only my life but also my whole family. We went from never going to church to completely sold out to Jesus Christ and in ministry. Real solutions bring real change is how my Pastor stated it. Faith in Jesus is a real solution. In rating this book a 5 stars I am saying it is not because of me but because this story is really about God's glor ...more
Nancee
A life altering true story!

On a routine Friday evening Dave Moore's life was drastically altered. His son David, was a freshman at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. He had an on-campus job and often came home late after work or playing basketball. That evening Dave's wife discovered a letter. David was gone. His letter explained that he was struggling desperately in school, and although he had tried to turn things around, his frustration was unbearable. In a postscript David ex
Holly Michael
A sucker for any book that reveals God’s love for His people, and in honor of Father’s Day (Sunday, June 17), I contacted Dave Moore and explained that I wanted to read The Father’s Love and review it on my blog. Dave graciously and immediately sent me a copy via email.

With The Father’s Love (published by Tate Publishing & Enterprises) downloaded on my Kindle, I sat one evening and began to read. I didn’t quit until I finished the book. It was impossible to stop. Almost impossible to breath.
Gail Welborn

This gift-sized true story, short enough to read in one setting has been compared to the parable of the “Prodigal Son” found in the “New Testament’s Gospel of Luke.” Although the story of Dave’s son and the “Prodigal Son” share similarities, I felt Dave’s account as a father was more about how he found God in his search for his son than that of the prodigal son.

Because Dave, a father who never knew the Lord, came to plead with a God he wasn’t sure existed for his beloved son’s safety and return
Amy Gatliff
What an awesome true story of what love really is...action and not merely words! This father's love for his son was displayed by his actions when his son went missing. Throughout the pages, we read of his perseverance in the midst of uncertainty. Also, a wonderful testimony of how God answers prayer and changes lives!
The Power to Never Give UpAmy Gatliff
Kelly
"The Father's Love" a true story, is one that really tugged at my heart. You feel like you are right there with Dave, feeling his pain and frustration as he searches for his son. Doing everything he knows to do...yet feeling so helpless. Finally reaching out to God, he gets more than what he asks for! Reading about how God moves and works in people's lives is always inspiring to me. I think you will be inspired too.
Amanda Beth
Truly amazing story! I couldn't put the book down. I finished it in one night. You will not walk away from this book unmoved. There is so much in just a short book. It blew me away. Amazing testimony! God blessed the Moore family abundantly! Wow!
Jeannie Walker
I wish I had a mom and dad like Dave did, although my parents were similar in that they were a poor farming family. Dad grew up in an orphans home and never learned how to say, "I Love You", but he and I were close. As for my mom - she showed me many times how much she did not love me, but in fact hated me. But, somehow I always knew I had the love of my Father, God Almighty and my best friend growing up and even now is Jesus Christ.
As for this book "The Father's Love", I really liked reading it
Cindy Goshgarian
Sometimes God orchestrates a symphony while all we hear is our life crashing around us.
This book will make you want to retrace the hand of God in your own life...You will be surprised by some the places you will see him in your past!
How amazing that he would move on our behalf in such a way that we can literally recount moment by moment the timing and placement of His hand.'
I needed to be reminded of those times in my own life, and I needed to be encouraged that in the vulnerability of parentin
Reading EVERYTHING in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti
This was a very special book for me. I left my parents house to find home for myself almost eight years ago now. I found it when I got off a bus at the very Greyhound station that David arrives at when he comes home. Mine is a different story but God's hand was very much in it. I moved from the east coast to my home here in Michigan by myself, with little money, using Greyhound buses as a very petite young woman. I was always kept safe. I found the home I always prayed for after five months in t ...more
Liz Linssen
A real picture into the loving heart of a father. It reminded me of the father in Luke 15 who searched for his lost son and who rejoiced when he came home. Dave Moore's story is touching and will uplift your faith in a God who wonderfully answers prayer. A recommended read.
Lesley Sears
A truly inspiring book. For those times when you need Spiritual Inspiration this book will warm your heart.

We all have different journeys to God and Dave’s journey through losing his son, seeking after his son, and then ultimately finding his son again is a beautiful analogy of God’s love for us. Often God “loses” us (if even for a season), He continually seeks after us, and He longs to find us again. And when He does find us…OOOH WHEE what a celebration we have!!

We all, sons and daughters of
Janie  R.

A very inspirational read! This story made me think how I would feel if something like what happen in this story, would happen to my son. It is about a father who never loses hope, and a search that turns out to have an amazing transformation for him.
Angelique La
This book is a powerful story that I highly recommend, not just for father's but for mother's and young adults as well. The story grasps hold of the reality of how quickly your life can change within a single heartbeat of time and then takes you on a journey that will keep you eagerly turning each page, unable to put it down.

You will feel all of the fear, anger, frustration, confusion and joy that the author-also the father in the book, experienced. I love this story because it not just a tale t
Katherine
An amazing story. I couldn't put it down. I read it straight through.
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Arul
Arul marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Sreejith House
Sreejith House marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Silk
Silk marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Raphael Nicholas
Raphael Nicholas marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Ramchemtec
Ramchemtec marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Markzz Choy
Markzz Choy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Vote! 2 5 Jun 24, 2014 11:58AM
Christian non-fic...: Author websites & blogs 16 31 Jan 08, 2013 06:46AM
Christian Goodrea...: The Father's Love by Dave Moore 2 9 Nov 20, 2012 05:46PM
Authors Lounge: Website 1 7 Jul 17, 2012 12:30PM
Christian Authors...: Website 1 5 Jul 17, 2012 12:29PM
https://www.facebook.com/dave.moore.7169 http://www.thefatherslovebook.com/
It is a Friday in early December. Dave and Dorinda arrive home and find a letter on their son David's bed. The letter describes how David is failing his freshman year of college and how not being able to face them with his failure is leaving on a bus. They know wherever he gets off th
More about Dave Moore...

“Before you can change what is coming out of your mouth you will need a change of heart.” 3 likes