Start by marking “Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)

Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  11,521 ratings  ·  657 reviews
Emma Shaw needs a husband, and fast! Not because she's interested in romance—after all, she's too busy with her landscaping company—but because Grandma Shaw is coming to town, and she will have nonstop questions about Emma's (stagnant) love life.

Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the Army than he's recruited by Emma to be her fake fiance. Sean doesn't like the deception, but h
Published February 21st 2012 by HQN Books (first published June 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yours to Keep, please sign up.

Scylla I don't think you *must* be familiar with the previous books in the series... You might find some references to them -- as I understand it, the male…moreI don't think you *must* be familiar with the previous books in the series... You might find some references to them -- as I understand it, the male leads are related -- but the stories should work as stand-alones with distinct couples & plotlines, as well. Seems to be a fairly common practice in the (contempary/historical) romance genre, actually. :)(less)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
“I have the magic penis, so I get the keys, remember?”

Yours to Keep is the third book in the Kowalski Family series and my first taste of Shannon Stacey’s writing. It turned out to be one of the sweetest, most amusing contemporary romances I’ve read in a long time, and I’m definitely going to be picking up the first two books in this series. And in case you're wondering, reading this one out of order didn't diminish the story at all.

Although I think it would be a fairly common theme, I don’t
For the love of all that is batsh*t crazy (borrowing Sean's phrase), I cannot stress enough of the awesomeness of this book. Love it, like it, adore it and L O V V I T!!!! (have I stressed it enough yet?)

Sean and Emma are adorable people, even though their sense of humor were a bit twisted sometimes. Then again, their twistedness was the key element that made the whole story so much fun. The sticky notes that Sean liked to leave for Emma were extra cute, loved those.

I had a very good time readin
Full review posted at: Happily Ever After - Reads

“Are you Sean Kowalski?”

“I’m Emma Shaw…your fake fiancée.”

“Say what?”

And with that, our hero and heroine meet. Such a sweet beginning that set the tone for the whole story. Fun, sweet and simply enjoyable.

Emma, in an attempt to convince her Grandmother, that she’s really ok living by herself, taking care of the home she grew up in and running her own business, tells a little white lie about having a fiancé in her life in the hopes that
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
DNF 24%

I don't know...

I use to have a really high tolerance for books but lately that threshold is nonexistent. It's like I don't even hesitate to DNF when they fail to captivate me. Shit! I really hate squandering money and that's all DNFs feel like: A huge waste of money.

When this wasn't boring the living hell out of me, it was irritating the living fuck out of me.
Look, I know fake relationships tropes are bound to be a a little OTT but this? It just screams ridiculous and even though ridic
Jaci Burton
This book was wonderful. Fully rounded characters and a fun, emotional story. Sean and Emma are together for all the wrong reasons, and you want them to stay together for all the right reasons. I was invested in this book from the very beginning. I highly recommend Yours To Keep. This is what romance is supposed to be about.
Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘

- Because Emma isn't annoying, never bitches about other women, happens to lead a balanced life without a man to open her doors (I know, crazy right?) and because she says that :
"Oh, yes, Sean Kowalski. Your amazing kisses have made all rational thought fly out of my besotted brain. If only you could fill me with your magic penis, I know we'd fall madly in love and live happily ever after."

- Because Sean could be a delicious cookie, according to the Make me swoon receipt - To be consumed libera
Julie James
I found myself sneaking away whenever I could to read this book, I enjoyed it that much. Great, fun contemporary with dialogue that had me smiling all along the way.
Penny Watson
4.5 stars, rounded up

Absolutely adorable! Super cute romance, it made me laugh out loud.

Shannon Stacey's writing voice is very New, straight-forward storytelling, but with lots of sweet moments.

And I loved that the granny got a sweet romance, too. Swoony!

Grade: A- (I wanted an extra chapter at the end!)
Lisa Kay
ATV-ing in New Hampshire

(This is a review of the audiobook.) I haven’t heard Lauren Fortgang narrate before, but I quite like her. She has a raspy voice that lends well to the masculine voices, yet she still does a very nice job on the female ones, especially the not so dim-witted grandmother, Cat. She’s certainly a reader I’d pick up again, as I liked her tone, pitch and intensity.

There is nothing of monumental complexity in this little love story. It probably won’t cause an epiphany, or chang
4 1/2 stars. I loved mixing it up again with the Kowalski's. Just a fun story, with a cute plot, a crazy, sweet h, Emma, and hot Kowalski, Sean. Some terrific dialogue, laugh out loud moments, and very sensual. My favorite part of the book was the inclusion of the Kowalski's from the previous books. The family element just brought so much to the story.

My only complaint...I think it needed an epilogue. Especially since we have to wait until September 2012 for Mitch's book...and then we actually
♡Karlyn P♡
Awesome! It was melt-the-heart kind of good. Sean and Emma made a great couple. The romance felt believable, the heat was just right (steamy!), and the laughs were frequent. A great feel-good romance.
Angela James
I'll refrain from rating this, since I edited it :P You can extrapolate what I think of it (it's awesome and the best Shannon Stacey book yet).
A light and fun novella-ish romance that provides some great laughs (3.5 stars)

This was a very light and cute romance. I had never read anything by Shannon Stacey before, but reading Yours to Keep made me want to check out her backlist and the other books in the Kowalski Family series. The thing I loved best was the humor; some parts had me laughing out loud and there was one particular scene (Newlywed game anyone?) that made me have to put the book down and focus on remembering to breathe. Alwa
Woooo! Me and this book had a fabulous time together.

This is the first Shannon Stacey that I've finished and I absolutely loved the premise and how the plot progressed. I didn't find that the family aspect in this book was too overbearing or gag worthy, which is a nice change from a lot of other books.

Sure the premise is a bit ridiculous, but it's great that the plot plays out in a way that really highlights how ridiculous of a predicament the characters are in.

I Love Love Loved this fun, quick
Yours to Keep is the 3rd book in the Kowalski Family series by the very talented Shannon Stacey. Though this is my very first book by Ms. Stacey, I had no trouble identifying with the fact that she can deliver a fantastic romance, and this one definitely makes it into the list of my favorite reads for 2011. This book is going to follow the I-Review format which I introduced earlier and would follow a question and answer format which will hopefully do justice to the wonderful romance this deliver ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: She snorted and looked out her window. “Oh yes, Sean Kowalski. Your amazing kisses have made all rational thought fly out of my besotted brain. If only you could fill me with your magic penis, I know we’ll fall madly in love and live happily ever after.”

Emma lives in her grandmother’s old farm house in New Hampshire. She doesn’t have a lot of family around and now that her grandmother has retired to Florida, she worries about Emma living all by herself so far away. Emma wants her
Love means never having to say you're sorry.

Love means a magic penis, a pink shirt, and Post-its!

And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. Like, to the point that Shannon Stacey has (temporarily) ruined other fictional men for me. Trust me, after you read this, Exclusively Yours, and Undeniably Yours, you'll have Kowalskis on the brain too. Yours to Keep is the 3rd book in the series, and the first one I read. (Thanks, Sarah!) It centers on Sean Kowalski and Emma Shaw. Sean has just left the
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Well, here's the thing: I don't really like romance novels. I was in the mood for something truly light, though, and my foray into Stacey's work has been just as rewarding as I hoped. YOURS TO KEEP has remarkable dialogue and a slow-burn romance that is easy to get behind. It takes a pleasant flip on this classic plot line by introducing a female character who runs her own business and knows her place in the world, opposed to her romantic counter-part who has recently returned
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Sean Kowalski is finally home from a 12-year stint in the Army, most currently serving overseas in Afghanistan. Not ready to go to the family lodge in Maine, Sean makes a stop over in New Hampshire to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousins. To his surprise, he finds out that Emma Shaw considers Sean her "fake" finance, telling Grandma Shaw in Florida that Sean is living with her and helping take care of her large New England home. Emma and best friend Lisa Kowalski made up her fake relationship to p ...more
I marked this one as one of my favorites for the year before I was even half-way finished.

Let me get this out of the way first - I loved this book so much that I started writing my review on sticky notes. Naaa I’m just kidding, but the sticky notes played such a cute, make me smile part in Yours to Keep, I had to mention them right off the top.

The pretend, fake fiancé storyline is certainly not a new concept and in Yours to Keep it could have been cheesy and cliché but Shannon Stacey tells a f
Oct 02, 2011 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love romantic comedies
Recommended to Joyzi by: netgalley
Note: This book is given free courtesy of for book review purposes.

It's been a while since I downloaded this galley and transfer it to my phone to be read, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to really read it. Then, came the time that my mother got hospitalized and I'm taking care of her 24/7 that I finally have the time to read it in my phone during the hours that I do not actually do anything.

At first the e-book started with a short summary intro of the book and I re
I 100% loved this series and am hoping and praying that Stacey writes more - thankfully she introduced four more Kowalski's in this book that all happen to be single. Since I read all three books in just over 24 hours, I decided to just write a review on the last - especially since I can't pick a favorite. The books are all lighthearted yet emotional, which is a great combination. I've gotta admit that I definitely teared up at some point during each book. They also each have a secondary romance ...more

I received this ARC via Netgalley.

After getting out of the Army after 12 years, the last thing Sean Kowalski wants is to be tied down to anything. He plans to travel a lot and explore being back on USA soil.

When Emma Shaw realizes her grandmother will not sell her the home she’s been living in and taking care of for the last few years due to her gram thinking the house is too big for her. Emma hatches a plan. Tell gram she’s got engaged.

So when Gram decided to visit for a month, Emma shows up a
This is the first time I was really into the main romantic pair. (Which is great, because as it happens I was not at all into the secondary romance this time around. It was sweet, sure, but not for me.)

The sticky notes-thing in particular was something I enjoyed a lot. (view spoiler)
Kara Parks
so far it is laugh out loud funny, I would have liked more of a ending but the author added more about Keri & Joe and Kevin & Beth so I am hoping there is another book coming. I would like to read a book about Sean's brother Mitch.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sweet and at times funny read. Hero had a little commitment fright but was just coming back from being told what to do by the Army for so many years. ..once he battled his guy thoughts it had a sweet so romantic ending.
Quiero un Sean en mi cama <3 ;) ok ya lo dije! Sigue funcionando la formula "te quiero pero no lo acepto y somos tontos porque no nos damos cuenta que nos amamos" y Shannon es una experta en sacarle partido.
I like these Kowalskis. They're loud and boisterous and they back each other up when they need to. Sure, they're also known for teasing each other mercilessly, but that's what families do. I loved, loved, loved that the entire family pulled together to make Sean and Emma's fake engagement look real. GO, TEAM KOWALSKI! (The teasing was just a fun bonus. Because, HA, the betting pool was pretty brutal on poor Sean's willpower.)

So. Sean and Emma. Considering they'd never met before Emma's outrageou
Posted at

When I first told my husband about what Yours to Keep was about, he looked at me with an “are you sh*tting me?” expression, shook his head and walked away. Mind you, that is often his reaction when I tell him about one of my books – that and walking away mumbling “Why did I not just stay in the basement?…” I must admit that I did feel a little like he did this time around. The idea that a woman would go up to a total stranger and ask him to be he

I really enjoy Shannon Stacey’s fun and witty romances and ‘Yours to Keep’ was no exception, I loved this installment of the Kowalski family series.

Emma Shaw has told a lie to keep her grandmother from worrying about her, she owns and runs her own landscape gardening business and is maintaining a large home, her grandmother is coming to town and in order to keep her secret; a make believe fiancé, she has to convince said fiancé to lie for her.

Sean Kowalski
  • One Good Reason
  • Turn It Up (Turn It Up, #1)
  • Negligee Behavior
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey...

Kowalski Family (9 books)
  • Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5) All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)

“Josh: Just because you’re not looking for something doesn’t mean you won’t find it.
Sean: Well, aren’t you quite the fucking fortune cookie.”
“He could do this. He'd survived boot camp. He'd survived combat and the harsh weather of Afghanistan. He could survive broccoli. Probably.” 34 likes