Start by marking “Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)

Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family #3)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  10,122 ratings  ·  608 reviews
Emma Shaw needs a husband, and fast! Not because she's interested in romance—after all, she's too busy with her landscaping company—but because Grandma Shaw is coming to town, and she will have nonstop questions about Emma's (stagnant) love life.

Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the Army than he's recruited by Emma to be her fake fiance. Sean doesn't like the deception, but h
Published February 21st 2012 by HQN Books (first published June 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yours to Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours to Keep

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...
“I have the magic penis, so I get the keys, remember?”

Yours to Keep is the third book in the Kowalski Family series and my first taste of Shannon Stacey’s writing. It turned out to be one of the sweetest, most amusing contemporary romances I’ve read in a long time, and I’m definitely going to be picking up the first two books in this series. And in case you're wondering, reading this one out of order didn't diminish the story at all.

Although I think it would be a fairly common theme, I don’t r
Jae
For the love of all that is batsh*t crazy (borrowing Sean's phrase), I cannot stress enough of the awesomeness of this book. Love it, like it, adore it and L O V V I T!!!! (have I stressed it enough yet?)

Sean and Emma are adorable people, even though their sense of humor were a bit twisted sometimes. Then again, their twistedness was the key element that made the whole story so much fun. The sticky notes that Sean liked to leave for Emma were extra cute, loved those.

I had a very good time readin
Jess
Full review posted at: Happily Ever After - Reads

“Are you Sean Kowalski?”

“Yup.”

“I’m Emma Shaw…your fake fiancée.”

“Say what?”

And with that, our hero and heroine meet. Such a sweet beginning that set the tone for the whole story. Fun, sweet and simply enjoyable.

Emma, in an attempt to convince her Grandmother, that she’s really ok living by herself, taking care of the home she grew up in and running her own business, tells a little white lie about having a fiancé in her life in the hopes that h
Jaci Burton
This book was wonderful. Fully rounded characters and a fun, emotional story. Sean and Emma are together for all the wrong reasons, and you want them to stay together for all the right reasons. I was invested in this book from the very beginning. I highly recommend Yours To Keep. This is what romance is supposed to be about.
Lisa Kay
ATV-ing in New Hampshire

★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I haven’t heard Lauren Fortgang narrate before, but I quite like her. She has a raspy voice that lends well to the masculine voices, yet she still does a very nice job on the female ones, especially the not so dim-witted grandmother, Cat. She’s certainly a reader I’d pick up again, as I liked her tone, pitch and intensity.

There is nothing of monumental complexity in this little love story. It probably won’t cause an epiphany, or
♡Karlyn P♡
Awesome! It was melt-the-heart kind of good. Sean and Emma made a great couple. The romance felt believable, the heat was just right (steamy!), and the laughs were frequent. A great feel-good romance.
Julie James
I found myself sneaking away whenever I could to read this book, I enjoyed it that much. Great, fun contemporary with dialogue that had me smiling all along the way.
Karla
4 1/2 stars. I loved mixing it up again with the Kowalski's. Just a fun story, with a cute plot, a crazy, sweet h, Emma, and hot Kowalski, Sean. Some terrific dialogue, laugh out loud moments, and very sensual. My favorite part of the book was the inclusion of the Kowalski's from the previous books. The family element just brought so much to the story.

My only complaint...I think it needed an epilogue. Especially since we have to wait until September 2012 for Mitch's book...and then we actually
Angela James
I'll refrain from rating this, since I edited it :P You can extrapolate what I think of it (it's awesome and the best Shannon Stacey book yet).
Juliana
A light and fun novella-ish romance that provides some great laughs (3.5 stars)

This was a very light and cute romance. I had never read anything by Shannon Stacey before, but reading Yours to Keep made me want to check out her backlist and the other books in the Kowalski Family series. The thing I loved best was the humor; some parts had me laughing out loud and there was one particular scene (Newlywed game anyone?) that made me have to put the book down and focus on remembering to breathe. Alwa
Tam
Woooo! Me and this book had a fabulous time together.

This is the first Shannon Stacey that I've finished and I absolutely loved the premise and how the plot progressed. I didn't find that the family aspect in this book was too overbearing or gag worthy, which is a nice change from a lot of other books.

Sure the premise is a bit ridiculous, but it's great that the plot plays out in a way that really highlights how ridiculous of a predicament the characters are in.

I Love Love Loved this fun, quick
Maldivianbookreviewer
Yours to Keep is the 3rd book in the Kowalski Family series by the very talented Shannon Stacey. Though this is my very first book by Ms. Stacey, I had no trouble identifying with the fact that she can deliver a fantastic romance, and this one definitely makes it into the list of my favorite reads for 2011. This book is going to follow the I-Review format which I introduced earlier and would follow a question and answer format which will hopefully do justice to the wonderful romance this deliver ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: She snorted and looked out her window. “Oh yes, Sean Kowalski. Your amazing kisses have made all rational thought fly out of my besotted brain. If only you could fill me with your magic penis, I know we’ll fall madly in love and live happily ever after.”

Emma lives in her grandmother’s old farm house in New Hampshire. She doesn’t have a lot of family around and now that her grandmother has retired to Florida, she worries about Emma living all by herself so far away. Emma wants her
Maggie
Love means never having to say you're sorry.

SNORE.

Love means a magic penis, a pink shirt, and Post-its!

And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. Like, to the point that Shannon Stacey has (temporarily) ruined other fictional men for me. Trust me, after you read this, Exclusively Yours, and Undeniably Yours, you'll have Kowalskis on the brain too. Yours to Keep is the 3rd book in the series, and the first one I read. (Thanks, Sarah!) It centers on Sean Kowalski and Emma Shaw. Sean has just left the
Keertana
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Well, here's the thing: I don't really like romance novels. I was in the mood for something truly light, though, and my foray into Stacey's work has been just as rewarding as I hoped. YOURS TO KEEP has remarkable dialogue and a slow-burn romance that is easy to get behind. It takes a pleasant flip on this classic plot line by introducing a female character who runs her own business and knows her place in the world, opposed to her romantic counter-part who has recently returned
Judi
I marked this one as one of my favorites for the year before I was even half-way finished.

Let me get this out of the way first - I loved this book so much that I started writing my review on sticky notes. Naaa I’m just kidding, but the sticky notes played such a cute, make me smile part in Yours to Keep, I had to mention them right off the top.

The pretend, fake fiancé storyline is certainly not a new concept and in Yours to Keep it could have been cheesy and cliché but Shannon Stacey tells a f
Joyzi
Oct 02, 2011 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love romantic comedies
Recommended to Joyzi by: netgalley
Note: This book is given free courtesy of www.netgalley.com for book review purposes.

It's been a while since I downloaded this galley and transfer it to my phone to be read, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to really read it. Then, came the time that my mother got hospitalized and I'm taking care of her 24/7 that I finally have the time to read it in my phone during the hours that I do not actually do anything.

At first the e-book started with a short summary intro of the book and I re
Amanda
I 100% loved this series and am hoping and praying that Stacey writes more - thankfully she introduced four more Kowalski's in this book that all happen to be single. Since I read all three books in just over 24 hours, I decided to just write a review on the last - especially since I can't pick a favorite. The books are all lighthearted yet emotional, which is a great combination. I've gotta admit that I definitely teared up at some point during each book. They also each have a secondary romance ...more
Melissa

I received this ARC via Netgalley.

After getting out of the Army after 12 years, the last thing Sean Kowalski wants is to be tied down to anything. He plans to travel a lot and explore being back on USA soil.

When Emma Shaw realizes her grandmother will not sell her the home she’s been living in and taking care of for the last few years due to her gram thinking the house is too big for her. Emma hatches a plan. Tell gram she’s got engaged.

So when Gram decided to visit for a month, Emma shows up a
Cathy
This is the first time I was really into the main romantic pair. (Which is great, because as it happens I was not at all into the secondary romance this time around. It was sweet, sure, but not for me.)

The sticky notes-thing in particular was something I enjoyed a lot. (view spoiler)
Kara Parks
so far it is laugh out loud funny, I would have liked more of a ending but the author added more about Keri & Joe and Kevin & Beth so I am hoping there is another book coming. I would like to read a book about Sean's brother Mitch.
Mesa
I really enjoyed reading this series, and Shannon did it again. Sean Kowalski just return from the army; he doesn’t know what is next for him. But he doesn’t have to think hard because Emma has it figured it out for him. Well, at least for a month. Sean’s thought Emma was crazy when she knock on his door to ask him to be her fake fiancée. This book was a quick read. It was fun to read about Sean’s and Emma’s relationship develops throughout the book. I found the plot really cute, and romantic; w ...more
Julie
Posted at http://yummymenandkickasschicks.com/?...

When I first told my husband about what Yours to Keep was about, he looked at me with an “are you sh*tting me?” expression, shook his head and walked away. Mind you, that is often his reaction when I tell him about one of my books – that and walking away mumbling “Why did I not just stay in the basement?…” I must admit that I did feel a little like he did this time around. The idea that a woman would go up to a total stranger and ask him to be he
Sharon

I really enjoy Shannon Stacey’s fun and witty romances and ‘Yours to Keep’ was no exception, I loved this installment of the Kowalski family series.

Emma Shaw has told a lie to keep her grandmother from worrying about her, she owns and runs her own landscape gardening business and is maintaining a large home, her grandmother is coming to town and in order to keep her secret; a make believe fiancé, she has to convince said fiancé to lie for her.

Sean Kowalski
Karen
100% predictable.

100% zany premise.

And….

100% fun!

If I hadn't heard so many people talking this book up on Twitter I would have never read it based on the summary.

Yours to Keep has such a wacky premise. Emma's grandmother has moved to FL to retire. Emma loves her Gram and wants her to be happy and stay in FL enjoying her retirement, not running back home to take care of Emma whom she seems to think can't handle the big family homestead all alone.

Grams is coming for a month long visit and Emma ha
Ruth
I really enjoyed this wonderful contemporary romance, received through netgalley.

It's a great follow-up from Undeniably Yours, and both of them were much better for me than Exclusively Yours, which had a whole family-camping-trip-from-hell thing going on which I didn't care for.

Like Undeniably Yours, this book focuses more on the hero and heroine, with just enough playtime for the secondary Kowalski family and other characters to give it realism. Mrs. Kowalski's famous wooden spoon also makes
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Sean Kowalski has just come from the army and is thrown into an awkward situation. "Batshite Crazy Chick" Emma Shaw,made up a fake fiance( Sean) to ease her grandmother's worries so she could stay happily in Florida.Her Grandmother is a worried sport and doesn't believe Emma is capable of keeping up her home that's been in the family for years.So now that Emma spills the beans that she's now getting married,her Grandmother Cat,let's loose and now feels comfortable.Emma and Sean have supposedly b ...more
Fani

This one featured a fake betrothal plot, which happens to be one of my favorite tropes, so it's little wonder I ended up enjoying it.

Sean and Emma end up living together for a month, pretending to be engaged for the shake of Emma's grandmother, who was too worried for her grand-daughter living alone while she was away. There is attraction at first sight from both sides, but it takes a while for the two of them to act on it, but in the end, along with a little help from Sean's extensive
MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-»

THIS BOOK HAS A MAGIC PENIS IN IT......BEWARE!!!

Shannon Stacy...I don’t know how to express my undying love to you for writing this book! I don’t know how to even begin describing yet another amazing story! I loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it, and completely and utterly and undeniably am IN LOVE WITH IT!! Does that even remotely cover how awesome this book was?? Oh God, I think I am addicted to the Kowalski family and I have no intention of overcoming my addiction...tha
Tana
Yours To Keep is one of the better books I've read this year, it was funny, romantic and it is also one of those books once you start to read it very hard to put down.

This is the first book I've read by Shannon Stacey and her writing is superb, when a writer can make you laugh out loud and feel emotions that make you shed a tear you know the writing is good. This is the 3rd book in the Kowalski series, and now I have to go back and read book one and two.

Sean Kowalski has just been released from
  • One Good Reason
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Here Comes the Groom
  • Negligee Behavior
  • Holiday Kisses: This Time Next Year\A Rare Gift\It's Not Christmas Without You\Mistletoe and Margaritas (Holloway, #1; Kent Brothers, #2)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
Shannon Stacey married her Prince Charming in 1993 and is the proud mother of two incredible sons. She lives in New England, where her two favorite activities are trying to stay warm and writing stories of happily ever after. Her two cats refuse to curl up on her lap and keep it warm while she writes, but her Shih Tzu is never far away.

When she’s not writing, she’s indulging in her other passion—f
More about Shannon Stacey...
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5) All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)

“Josh: Just because you’re not looking for something doesn’t mean you won’t find it.
Sean: Well, aren’t you quite the fucking fortune cookie.”
63 likes
“He could do this. He'd survived boot camp. He'd survived combat and the harsh weather of Afghanistan. He could survive broccoli. Probably.” 29 likes