Start by marking “Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 2

Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 2 (Bone: Quest for the Spark #2)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  1,108 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
The quest continues!

The Nacht, the evil dragon that threatens to destroy both the Dreaming and the Waking World, is growing stronger, and twelve-year-old Tom Elm is the champion the Dreaming has chosen to defeat it. Along with Roderick the raccoon, Percival Bone and his nephew and niece, Randolf, Lorimar, and the two stupid Rat Creatures, Tom must race to find the missing
Published February 1st 2012 by GRAPHIX

To ask other readers questions about Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bone

Jennifer Rayment
Feb 21, 2012 Jennifer Rayment rated it liked it
Jake's Review: I really wish that these books would go back to being graphic novels. There is way too many words and it takes me forever to read it. I like that there is lots of action, but you can show that in a comic book too. Liked how they brought back the bees from the other books and there was some funny stuff too. My favorite character is Joey because he never listens and he falls asleep all the time like me. I don't like Fredrik because he is kinda weird looking (and sounding). If I ...more
Nick
Jul 23, 2012 Nick rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
I had a little trouble with the pacing in this volume, compared to the first one. I think that there are so many plot threads that the author has had trouble keeping them all moving smoothly. The "dark side" seduction tricks of Nacht are brilliantly evil, but may be a little sophisticated for the younger readers of this book.
The mixture of adventure and humor is mostly good, although I got a little tired of the narcoleptic bear. Also, clean dry fuel for a fire produces less smoke, not more...the
Jack Paul
Karissa
Mar 27, 2015 Karissa rated it really liked it

This is the second book in the Quest for the Spark series. This series wraps up with volume three. This was a great continuation of the story that started in book 1, and is full of adventure and excitement.

The Nacht is taking deeper and deeper hold in the Waking World. Tom and crew are the unlikely heroes trying to find the pieces of the Spark and stand against the Nacht. In this book they deal with some scheming bears and venture into a beehive of gigantic bees to find yet another piece of the
Nicola Mansfield
Jul 04, 2012 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

An enjoyable follow-up to the first book in this series. The main plot centres around our group of heroes as they continue on their journey and quest to find the second piece of the Spark. Everyone from Book One appears in this volume, both good and evil characters, with the inclusion of a few more characters joining them in the quest, possibly temporarily for this book only. I enjoyed the new characters and continue to love all the regulars in this series.
Brad McKenna
Apr 05, 2015 Brad McKenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This second part isn't as good as the first (which so often happens). The Natch narrates some chapters, the "Constable" others, Tom, Percival, Stinky and Smelly (the rat creatures), and Lorimar all take turns as well. I think he jumps perspectives too much here. The part of the plot with the bears seems to be stretched out a wee bit too much as well.

All that said, this is still a thoroughly enjoyable story. Now I need to find vol. 3, since my library inexplicably only has the first two volumes.
Brandon
Oct 23, 2015 Brandon rated it it was amazing
Bone Volume 2 was a great book I read during I had free time. I like how they all were brought together. I've read all the Bone Series you've made. I've been a fan of your books for 4 years.I like how you made the animals talk so that was cool.The author made it suspenseful and made how people feel what Tom was feeling. It was pretty amazing and that's why I gave it 5 stars. The main character Tom was the leader and he thought he shouldn't be the leader he thought the veni-yan warrior should've ...more
Shanella
Feb 18, 2013 Shanella rated it really liked it
In the second volume, the servants of the Natch are closing in on Tom and his friends, as they continue their search for the spark.

The story picked up the pace in this installment. It was a page-turner from beginning to end and the illustrations were spectacular, poster quality even.

Kids and adults alike will enjoy this fantastical adventure. I’m looking forward to the completion of the trilogy.
Jonathan Carlisle
It's hard to match the magic of Jeff Smith's 'silent wonder' with the completely written word, but this series is still fun. BUT, unlike the original Bone series, I'm not really looking for this to continue passed its current storyline completion. If this is what we get when we want more Bone, then quit while you're ahead.
Nathaniel
I can say I'm not that quiet interested in this series. I feel its to cheesy and predictable. I miss the comic book style books Jeff Smith used to have. Personally I think this should not have the title of Bone or even have the Bone characters on it. It just isn't the same. I am going to continue reading this series because I am a big fan of Bone.
Marilyn Belsham
Apr 21, 2013 Marilyn Belsham rated it liked it
Not as good as the graphic novels but still enjoyable. I would be curious to see how these novels would read if Jeff Smith wrote it, but Tom S does an admirable job. If there were a few more illustrations I could read this to my young son, but sadly, I think he won't be interested until he's around 9 or 10. (years from now)
Nathan Hipple
Aug 02, 2016 Nathan Hipple rated it really liked it
While the first book didn't particularly grip me with its formula, this one was a large step in the right direction and a worthy addition to the Bone canon. Then again, I'm a sucker for just about any book with bears. Between the honey heist and the continued dead squirrel jokes, Sniegoski earned more than one big smile this time around.
Patrick
Sep 12, 2015 Patrick rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Read it in one swoop! I was able to pick up the story without having read book 1. Now I have to track down book 1 and book 3 to find out what happened before and learn what happens next. I'm looking forward to it!
Engel Dreizehn
Aug 25, 2016 Engel Dreizehn rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-2016
Good to see the world of Bone expanded...not quite the same but still good. Hehe giant bee costumes hehe.
Yaretzi Ortega
Jul 18, 2016 Yaretzi Ortega rated it liked it
Daniel Cooksey
Mar 01, 2012 Daniel Cooksey rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-own
Decent follow-up to the first book. I was hoping for more subtlety, but for the target age group this is a worthy addition to the world of Bone.
Nicklas
Aug 17, 2012 Nicklas rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Quite nice, but not as good as the first book. The part with the bee costumes didn¨t agree with me, other than that is was good.
Snow
Jan 16, 2012 Snow rated it liked it
reviewing for Good Comics for Kids
Jasmime
Jasmime rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Kolten Powers
Kolten Powers rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Cana
Cana rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Arii dearmond
Arii dearmond rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Jiahui Y
Jiahui Y rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Sage
Sage rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Jack
Jack rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Theresenemergmail.Com
Theresenemergmail.Com rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Staci
Staci rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
  • Bone Handbook
  • The Book of Secrets (Mister Max, #2)
  • Looking for Group, Volume 2
  • Jeff Smith: Bone and Beyond
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Astro City, Vol. 11: Private Lives
  • Courtney Crumrin's Monstrous Holiday (Courtney Crumrin, #4)
  • My Dead Girlfriend: Volume 1 "A Tryst of Fate"
  • Cupcake Tycoon (Babymouse, #13)
Tom Sniegoski is the name under which Thomas E. Sniegoski publishes some YA and comics.
More about Tom Sniegoski...

Bone: Quest for the Spark (3 books)
  • Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 1