Start by marking “Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #27)” as Want to Read:
Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #27)

Stygian's Honor (Breeds #27)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  4,531 ratings  ·  310 reviews
Window Rock, Arizona, is the last known location of Honor Roberts, who vanished when she was just thirteen. It was her only sanctuary from the Breed research that would surely have ended in her death—one such insidious experiment should, indeed, have killed her. That she lived is both a miracle—and a great mystery.

Stygian’s mission is to find Honor Roberts, no matter the
Published August 7th 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Stygian's Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stygian's Honor

Melanie
2.5-3 stars

Sigh.

description

I used to love the 'Breeds' stories - they were hot, deliciously angsty, sexy, emotionally taxing, and just plain HAWT.

Well now... the stories just seem to drag from sex scene to sex scene. They've definitely still got the steam factor, but it's all so.... perfunctory. And that is not hot and sexy. That's just steam for the sake of steam.

VS

description

The "story" in 'Stygian's Honor' is part of an arc that's been dragging on over too manyseveral books and this one picks up pretty much immed
Lillie
I can’t figure out how to do this review without giving spoilers for Lawe’s Justice. If you haven’t read that one and don’t want spoilers, stop reading now.

Potential spoilers ahead!

In Lawe’s Justice, the Bureau of Breed Affairs and their enemies had descended on the Navajo Nation in search of four people that escaped the labs years ago. Honor, Fawn, Judd and Gideon hold the key to saving the life of Jonas Wyatt’s child and also destroying the Council.

After Lawe and Diane failed to find them, it
MelissaB
This book was just another frustrating mediocre addition to a previously good series. I am so so tired of the Breeds being on the Navaho reservation and the focus of the story staying on finding the four missing people, it's been the same for a couple of books so wrap it up already! I hate the way the author is using a little girl sick and in pain as an endless plot device.

The actual leads were ok but these recent books are all over the place with the story focus and don't seem to make sense. Do
P.A. Lupton

I hate to rate a book in one of my favorite series so low, but this was a huge disappointment. Out of all the Breeds books, this is the one I least enjoyed. I think the story is just dragging on way too long now. It’s like watching a soap opera, you can stop watching the show and tune in a year and 260 episodes later and still they’ll be on the same plot line. That’s what I feel like Lora Leigh is doing with this story. I felt like the characters are talking in circles, repeating the same things
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted Under the Covers

I have to be honest here... I read the book, I sat and thought about it. Then I walked away from writing this review for a couple of days because I wanted all my feelings to fall back and settle down and here's how I feel now.

When you run a series for 27 books you have to know that what keeps readers interested is not JUST reading about yet another couple in the world they've grown to love. There has to be more. When I finished reading STYGIAN'S HONOR I act
Nicky
Review of the Earlier series

I started reading Lora Leighs (LL) breed series at Styx's storm and because i loved that book i started reading the series. Most if not all of the books are written the same way its like reading the same book with different character names. I had to skip out on a few of the books as they were too repetitive and boring.

It was a blessing when i read Dawn's awakening i thought it was one of the best breed books and it started the Cassie saga. After reading that book with
Willow Brook
Very, very slowly I am moving toward being finished with The Breeds. Although I have given up on Lora Leigh's other series, I loved (and still love --my tastes didn't change, her writing did) the earlier Breeds books. Coyote's Mate didn't quite do it for me and then all her books went off the rails with inadequate plotting, insane editing problems and generally subpar writing. All her fans said poor LL, she's had a bad year, her editor should be shot. After several badly written and beyond badly ...more
Elaine
Anna Alexander
I've read all of the Breed books, and this may have to be my last. If you've read the past six or seven books in the series, you've already read this book. There was one good thing- I loved Stygian. He was dominate without being pushy and a great hero. I just wish he had a worthy heroine. I agree with other reviews on this site about Liza and her spastic, all over the place emotions. There is a line between torn and annoying and Liza lived on the annoying side of the fence too often.

The story te
Isa Lavinia

This series started waaaaayyyy back in 1998 - I haven't been following it from the start, obviously I was too young for this kind of thing at the time, but I started reading it maybe in 2003/04? It's now on #27 and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow... was it always this bad? Was I really so easily entertained back then?"
I don't know, honestly I'd have to re-read them, and after this one I don't really feel like it.

There is the issue of little Amber, who was a few months old a few weeks ago and now
Jennifer beck
omg!! i love this book so much i didn't want it to end.and now i can;t wait for the next breeds book..i love this series!!! and this author.
Kaniac
Stygian's Honor disappointed me. I didn't expect it to considering I have waited on pins and needles for every previous book to be released. But alas it did. I love the idea of the boogeyman of the breeds to be so consumed with saving his child. Totally get that and love it but I think maybe it has dragged on too long. I also found that in this book as opposed to others everything is repeated way too much and the heroine (if you can call her that) maybe needs to go through a couple of classes on ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
After 20 plus books in this series, how does an author infuse excitement back in? By adding new twists! In Stygian's Honor, the reader is treated to Native American lore. This was enjoyable and Ms. Leigh dropped plenty of clues for the ending.

Liza Johnson is an admirable female lead. She can kick butt and she doesn't allow people to push her around. Her interaction with her father, uncle and the Breeds is amusing. She fights for every little bit of independence.

The requisite mating bond as well
Lady Lioness
I'm starting to suspect that Leigh is using some brand of dictation software when she writes because the typos are very similar ARC to ARC. Misused words, hellion becomes hel Lion, etc.

That aside, I do think this is one of the strongest Breed books in a while. So why only three stars? In the beginning, the Breed books were very grounded in science. With Stygian's Honor, Leigh introduces an element of woo woo. As a result, I found it hard to reconcile the disparate elements. The book also dragge
Lynsey A
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was a redeeming book after the last 2 disappointments. AND we get a flipping cliffhanger (kind of sort of) And now I cannot wait for the next book!

This is the major continuation of the story trying to save Jonas' daughter who was kidnapped by Bradenmore & injected with something giving her breed genetics, but making her very sick & dying as time passes... I read this in a day & a half forcing myself to put it down last night & picking it up again this afternoon!

I love these
Mary Howard
I love any book that Lora Leigh writes.
Reeannun

Oh, dear. What to say about this book. First off, this will have spoilers! So, if you haven't read this book, stop reading this review now!

I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the ending! It felt rushed with no conclusions to many plots.

Jonas/Rachael/Amber-unfinished
Navajo Nation-unfinished
Stygian/Honor-unfinished (although the mating was complete)
Dog and crew-unfinished
Gideon/Fawn/Judd-unfinished
Cassie-never finished
And lastly, who the hell crashed into the room?

Jonas, ah, Jo
Mara
Aug 08, 2012 Mara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
A classical Breed romance: with lots of fights for independence (and we all know how they end :P), and a complex plot to keep the story up and kicking.

I loved the overall plot and the way the good guys (both Breeds and Navajo) are not that good (who wouldn't want to kick Jonas' backside? Here more than usual, I admit).
Liza is right when she declares you can't trust the Breeds and that they have the same goal and at times the same methods of the Council...

The book lost a star for:
-- the weak beg
Heather
Oh Stygian. You animal.

I tried to resist you, but I just couldn't. It's been 90 plus degrees here in Portlandia (a rarity, thank god!) so this weekend was spent mostly not moving, trying to stay cool without air conditioning. And reading Stygian's Honor, of course.

This story picks up right where the last one (Lawe's Justice) left off. As Diane Broeing kicks some bad guy's ass, hot and virginal Liza Johnson is escorted to safety by Stygian Black, a "lone-wolf" breed working as an enforcer. Liza i
Missy Jane
Whenever I pick up a Breed book I expect three things: a dominating male, a pissed off female, and lots of very explicit sex. This book delivered right on cue, but I've come to realize I'm not necessarily satisfied with the same old formula anymore. Just once I'd like the heroine to maybe not be a total bitch to the man who is trying to worship at her feet. Just once I'd like maybe less than half the book to be sex scenes.
In this installment Liza becomes mated to Stygian. As expected, she's piss
Kathy Davie
Twenty-seventh in the Breeds paranormal romance series revolving around a genetically altered people struggling to survive. The couple focus is on Stygian Black and Liza Johnson.

My Take
It's been a number of books so far and I still haven't grasped why the Navajo refuse to open up the database of DNA profiles. I really don't understand why it's such a big deal. Supposedly the Navajo want to help their people and the Breed DNA is part Navajo.

This was a clumsy effort. It reads more like Leigh wante
Gee
Ok…I was going to give it 4 stars because I was much more interested in the ongoing story here than I was when I read Lawe's Justice. I wanted to find out the answers to all the burning questions that were raised in this book. But I have to say, it doesn't live up to four stars. The story goes on and on for 374 pages and then just ends: the story doesn't wrap up. We do find out the secret to Liza's identity but there was a lot more than that going on that is just left unresolved. I assume the id ...more
Rosslyn K
I've really enjoyed the previous Breed books but this one just didn't do it for me; which is sad because Stygian is one of my more favorite Breed heros to date. He manages to do the alpha thing without being overbearing and he's a character I could see someone being legitimately attracted to even without the mating heat (let's be honest, that's the only way some of these guys get the girl). However, I feel like Lora Leigh wasn't quite sure where she wanted to go with Liza--or maybe it was too ma ...more
Tamara Drummond
While reading Stygian's Honor I felt this book took a different approach then the last ones. Which in my opinion was a good move. Although the author leaves us with a major cliffhanger, but some questions are finally answered and parts to the mystery start to come together. Overall I enjoyed this book I liked the fact that Stygian while still being his dominant breed self was not overbearing with Liza and didn't go the typical route of trying to change his mate. Can't wait to see what Dog is up ...more
Rinou
I was disappointed with this book. Stygian is a great hero, understanding and supportive, and not too much dominating and possessive. I had problems with Liza, she's too indecisive, she keeps telling him he will destroy her almost until the last chapters even though she loves him.
Jonas' actions seemed at times not really logical, and the plot about Amber's sickness goes on and on and on without real evolution. I hope the next book put a closure to this.
To stay with Amber, she's eight months old
Dawn
Review for Stygian's Honor Stygian’s Honor is the 27th book in the Breed series by Lora Leigh. This time our lovely couple is Stygian and Liza. The story literally picks up at the end of Lawe’s Justice in Window Rock AZ where the Breeds are still searching for Honor, Judd, Gideon and Fawn in hopes of finding a cure for Amber (Jonas and Rachel’s daughter). If you have read a Breed book then you know what happens next, Breed meets his mate, she of course is oblivious, he pursues her, she gets mad ...more
Melanie S.
Obwohl ich Lion's Heat (Jonas) sehr gut fand, ging mir Jonas hier wieder auf die Nerven. Rücksichtslos schmiedet er seine Pläne, ignoriert dabei die Bedürfnisse aller anderen und glaubt, dass er sich alles erlauben darf. Von gut 370 Seiten gibt es nur eine Szene in der er Mitgefühl zeigt, aber um sein Ziel zu erreichen ist ihm alles recht. Und das Schlimme daran ist, dass dieses Verhalten teilweise auch auf Stygian abfärbt, der es nicht für nötig befindet Fragen seiner Gefährtin zu beantworten o ...more
Chrisabel
Another AMAZING read by Lora Leigh. This one somehow felt different than the others. The story really progressed quickly. I cant wait to read Gideon & Fawn's story.
Taralinda
Finally another good book in this series! I'm very happy to say that Leigh has redeemed this series with this book, just as I was losing Faith in her abilities. This story was very original, I had no idea how it was going to turn out, and Stygian was awesome.

At first, Liza was not super likeable, but things turned around pretty quickly. She was funny and gave back as good as she got, while struggling with demons she didn't know how to deal with or where they were coming from. As the story unfold
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Samurai Game (Ghostwalkers #10)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Wolf Tales VII (Wolf Tales #7)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Breeds (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #7)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #11)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #12)
Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9)