Start by marking “Off Leash” as Want to Read:
Off Leash

Off Leash

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Candice Gunderson and her purebred pooch, Phoebe, are driving through the Indiana countryside on their way to an appointment with a dog breeder. If all goes as planned, the “meeting” with Charles the Conqueror will result in a lovely litter of puppies.

Unfortunately, Candice is hopelessly lost, the GPS in her car has gone haywire, and she needs to find a bathroom in the wor
Published (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Off Leash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Leash

Ian
3.5 Stars

Candice is on her way to get her purebred Bichon, Phoebe royally rogered by Charles the Conquerer, a prize winning stud Bichon. Unfortunately she gets hopelessly lost and finds herself in desperate need of a bathroom break outside a farm in rural Indiana. Phoebe slips her leash and heads straight for farm mutt Jack.

[image error]description

Jack thinks Phoebe is a fine looking woman and it must be love because Phoebe thinks Jack is also a very sexy man in that hairy farmer way. They immediately cons
Jaimey
Jul 30, 2011 Jaimey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes happy, funny, satisfying stories

Oh my. Can I just say I LOVED this story? It is such a sweet, heartwarming, feel-good kind of story, the kind that brings a tear to your eye when you finish.

The heroine is someone anyone can relate to, trying so desperately to fit in somewhere and stamp out that little spark that tries to tell her she doesn't even like where she's trying to fit. I love that it takes a farmer, two dogs, three goats, and a whole town to show her what she really wants.

I can't even really object to the s
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I received this book as a free gift in exchange for an honest review.

Here's my problem-- there's a lot of things to like about this little novella. I love bichons and own one, and Phoebe was downright cute! There are several moments that really work-- like when Candice meets Mark's mom for the first time, when she starts really figuring out what is important to her, etc. But then there are the moments that didn't really work for me. I never really liked Candice that much. I figured out by the en
Samantha Janning
I have a read a handful of short stories and my general consensus is...meh. I usually struggle to get invested in the character, or when I am intrigued by the story, it ends abruptly and I feel cheated. I tend to stay away from them as a personal preference, but when my friend Jenna Anderson asked me to read and review her short story Off Leash, I didn’t want to turn her down. And actually, I’m glad I didn’t! Sure this was a short story, about 27,000 words, but I really enjoyed reading it. The m ...more
Courtney (Fuzzy.Coffee.Books)
What I Liked: 1) Candice. She reminded me so much of myself. Hopelessly lost is a perpetual state for me! Okay, I'm not that bad, but I am directionally challenged. This kind of thing would definitely happen to me, and so I really was able to connect with Candice. 2) The plotline. I'm a sucker for a good love story, and this one was really fun to get into. I feel like it's always a challenge to fit a love story into a novella, but this one was excellently written, and did not feel forced at all. ...more
Gayle
3.5 stars. This was a short e-book I had on my Kindle that got picked for my dentist appointment wait today. It was a sweet story, although a couple of things seemed a bit unrealistic to me. Still I liked the overall message of being true to yourself and relying on your family and friends to help you.
Jo
Short and sweet - an easy read which made me smile - my first book read on the Kindle.
Michelle
Off Leash was such a cute short story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

This story was fast paced, heartwarming and most most importantly fun. I don't think there was one moment while reading that I felt the story was a single bit boring or unnecessary and even though it was only quite short, it was a refreshing and much needed break from some of the heavier reads I have experienced lately.

It's obvious from the start that the main character, Candice, lives in a world without much responsibility
Marilyn
Really enjoyed this short story. The main characters were likeable. The feel of small town America came alive with the antics of the farm, the animals and the neighbors who came to check out the situation.
This is a good book!!!!
Lizz
A really cute novella with dogs! And goats! Aside from having the urge to pummel Candace about the head and ears for being such an idiot, I liked the book. The author managed to pull off a plausible romance in a short amount of pages, which I'm fairly sure is harder than it seems it would be.
Cheryl
This was so cute! Poor Candice is having a Murphy's Law day! Anything can and will go wrong today...but her dog Phoebe is having a blast! She finds out about her friends and that she can make her own decisions. I loved it!
Sammy Sutton
OFF LEASH is an entertaining light read with romance. Enjoyable without all the complexity. If your looking for a quick fun read this is a great choice.
Joy

This was a cute fluff of a book, and really sometimes that's what you need. Happy predictable endings :-)
Lea
Cute novella involving a city girl, a farm boy, two mismatched dogs, goats and romance.
Lazetta Krause
This was a cute story. Would recommend to anyone liking a quick, fun read.
Mary Anne
Mary Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Pam Cooper
Pam Cooper marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Diane
Diane added it
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mom, wife, & nonprofit devotee. Take a peek into my crazy life by visiting my blog http://www.jennascribbles.com/about-me/ Find me on Twitter @JAScribbles where I send weird random tweets.

***If I've entered to win your book, please know I will do my best to read and review it. I post reviews on Amazon US and Goodreads. My Amazon reviewer profile - https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...

ALL B
More about Jenna Anderson...
Healing Touch Jason and Me Easy Crochet Bow Tie Patterns (Three Patterns in One eBook!) Easy Crochet Bow Tie Patterns (Three Patterns in This eBook!) How To Shave A Cat