Start by marking “Off Leash” as Want to Read:
Off Leash

Off Leash

Candice Gunderson and her purebred pooch, Phoebe, are driving through the Indiana countryside on their way to an appointment with a dog breeder. If all goes as planned, the “meeting” with Charles the Conqueror will result in a lovely litter of puppies.

Unfortunately, Candice is hopelessly lost, the GPS in her car has gone haywire, and she needs to find a bathroom in the wor
Published (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Off Leash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Leash

Ian
Jun 04, 2012 Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Candice is on her way to get her purebred Bichon, Phoebe royally rogered by Charles the Conquerer, a prize winning stud Bichon. Unfortunately she gets hopelessly lost and finds herself in desperate need of a bathroom break outside a farm in rural Indiana. Phoebe slips her leash and heads straight for farm mutt Jack.

descriptiondescription

Jack thinks Phoebe is a fine looking woman and it must be love because Phoebe thinks Jack is also a very sexy man in that hairy farmer way. They immediately consummate their
Jaimey
Jul 30, 2011 Jaimey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes happy, funny, satisfying stories

Oh my. Can I just say I LOVED this story? It is such a sweet, heartwarming, feel-good kind of story, the kind that brings a tear to your eye when you finish.

The heroine is someone anyone can relate to, trying so desperately to fit in somewhere and stamp out that little spark that tries to tell her she doesn't even like where she's trying to fit. I love that it takes a farmer, two dogs, three goats, and a whole town to show her what she really wants.

I can't even really object to the s
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I received this book as a free gift in exchange for an honest review.

Here's my problem-- there's a lot of things to like about this little novella. I love bichons and own one, and Phoebe was downright cute! There are several moments that really work-- like when Candice meets Mark's mom for the first time, when she starts really figuring out what is important to her, etc. But then there are the moments that didn't really work for me. I never really liked Candice that much. I figured out by the en
Samantha Janning
Dec 28, 2011 Samantha Janning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a read a handful of short stories and my general consensus is...meh. I usually struggle to get invested in the character, or when I am intrigued by the story, it ends abruptly and I feel cheated. I tend to stay away from them as a personal preference, but when my friend Jenna Anderson asked me to read and review her short story Off Leash, I didn’t want to turn her down. And actually, I’m glad I didn’t! Sure this was a short story, about 27,000 words, but I really enjoyed reading it. The m ...more
Courtney (Fuzzy.Coffee.Books)
What I Liked: 1) Candice. She reminded me so much of myself. Hopelessly lost is a perpetual state for me! Okay, I'm not that bad, but I am directionally challenged. This kind of thing would definitely happen to me, and so I really was able to connect with Candice. 2) The plotline. I'm a sucker for a good love story, and this one was really fun to get into. I feel like it's always a challenge to fit a love story into a novella, but this one was excellently written, and did not feel forced at all. ...more
Gayle
Aug 24, 2011 Gayle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2011
3.5 stars. This was a short e-book I had on my Kindle that got picked for my dentist appointment wait today. It was a sweet story, although a couple of things seemed a bit unrealistic to me. Still I liked the overall message of being true to yourself and relying on your family and friends to help you.
Jo
Nov 14, 2011 Jo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet - an easy read which made me smile - my first book read on the Kindle.
Michelle
Dec 01, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zz2012-read
Off Leash was such a cute short story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

This story was fast paced, heartwarming and most most importantly fun. I don't think there was one moment while reading that I felt the story was a single bit boring or unnecessary and even though it was only quite short, it was a refreshing and much needed break from some of the heavier reads I have experienced lately.

It's obvious from the start that the main character, Candice, lives in a world without much responsibility
Marilyn
Apr 06, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this short story. The main characters were likeable. The feel of small town America came alive with the antics of the farm, the animals and the neighbors who came to check out the situation.
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
This was a very funny romance book. I laughed all through it!
Apr 07, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book!!!!
Lizz
Feb 05, 2013 Lizz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really cute novella with dogs! And goats! Aside from having the urge to pummel Candace about the head and ears for being such an idiot, I liked the book. The author managed to pull off a plausible romance in a short amount of pages, which I'm fairly sure is harder than it seems it would be.
Fancy Mom
Aug 18, 2015 Fancy Mom rated it it was amazing
Very good story about family and friends

I loved this book. It was a sweet love story about finding and depending on yourself. Allowing for that change led into a love story. I'd read this author again.
Cheryl
Jan 29, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This was so cute! Poor Candice is having a Murphy's Law day! Anything can and will go wrong today...but her dog Phoebe is having a blast! She finds out about her friends and that she can make her own decisions. I loved it!
Sammy Sutton
Feb 04, 2012 Sammy Sutton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OFF LEASH is an entertaining light read with romance. Enjoyable without all the complexity. If your looking for a quick fun read this is a great choice.
Joy
Jun 24, 2012 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a cute fluff of a book, and really sometimes that's what you need. Happy predictable endings :-)
Lea
Jan 01, 2013 Lea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit-romance
Cute novella involving a city girl, a farm boy, two mismatched dogs, goats and romance.
Lazetta Krause
Apr 25, 2012 Lazetta Krause rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story. Would recommend to anyone liking a quick, fun read.
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Lisa malzow
Lisa malzow rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Pamela Rose
Pamela Rose rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Susan  Kuebrich
Susan Kuebrich rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
CocoLoco
CocoLoco rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Monique
Monique rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Shannon Antonic
Shannon Antonic marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Angelica Decosta
Angelica Decosta marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mom, wife, & nonprofit devotee. Take a peek into my crazy life by visiting my blog http://www.jennascribbles.com/about-me/ Find me on Twitter @JAScribbles where I send weird random tweets.

***If I've entered to win your book, please know I will do my best to read and review it. I post reviews on Amazon US and Goodreads. My Amazon reviewer profile - https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...

ALL B
More about Jenna Anderson...