Start by marking “Thumbtacks, Earwax, Lipstick, Dipstick: What Is a Compound Word?” as Want to Read:
Thumbtacks, Earwax, Lipstick, Dipstick: What Is a Compound Word?

Thumbtacks, Earwax, Lipstick, Dipstick: What Is a Compound Word? (Words are CATegorical)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
What Is a Compound Word? Youll find the answer inside this bookits a stockpile of compound words! Brian P. Clearys upbeat rhymes and Brian Gables sidesplitting illustrations bring compound words to life. Weve highlighted the compound words with colored type to make them easy to identify.
Published September 1st 2011 by Millbrook Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Thumbtacks, Earwax, Lipstick, Dipstick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thumbtacks, Earwax, Lipstick, Dipstick

Tricia
Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of Cleary...who brings grammar to light in a fun and enjoyable way. Using multiple examples and bright/fun illustrations, this title gets the message across loud and clear.
Dolly
Apr 30, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We really enjoy the books by this author. He makes learning fun, and this is a silly and humorous rhyming book about compound words. His books really entertain children while teaching them basic concepts; our girls really like them. The illustrations are cartoony and cute, too - we love the cats.

We've read several of the books in the Words are CATegorical series and we've really enjoyed them. We will certainly look for more books by Brian P. Cleary at our local library.
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Karlie Hernandez
Karlie Hernandez marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Laura added it
Apr 11, 2013
Traci Finkel
Traci Finkel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Samantha Jo
Samantha Jo is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2013
Muttix Onlymuttix
Muttix Onlymuttix marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Abby doodlepants
Abby doodlepants marked it as to-read
May 17, 2012
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jan 25, 2012
Hairy, Scary, Ordinary: What Is an Adjective? A Mink, a Fink, a Skating Rink To Root, to Toot, to Parachute Dearly, Nearly, Insincerely How Much Can a Bare Bear Bear?: What Are Homonyms and Homophones?