Start by marking “It's a Small World” as Want to Read:
It's a Small World

It's a Small World

One of the most recognizable and beloved songs comes to life in this beautifully-illustrated picture book. Featuring lyrics from "It's a Small World," as well as original artwork inspired by the Disney theme parks attraction, this picture book is sure to delight.
32 pages
Published 2011 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about It's a Small World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Small World

Sylvester
5* art
5* song

This book has a CD with it, and Squirt loves singing along. After we've read it, he hums the tune throughout the day.
Tiffany Spencer
PLOT: A little orphan boy named Bobby has questions about who he is and where he comes from. While on a trip to Disney land he becomes separated from the other kids in the foster home and is attracted by ride with a big clock tower called It's A Small World. He learns that it doesn't matter where he's from because he feels connected to a bit of every country and he has the other kids so he's not alone.

MY THOUGHTS: I remember this book fondly from my childhood. It came with a record and what I re
Kathryn Sublett
Students in fifth grade could understand how "Small the World" is by applying this book to the role of genes. Teachers could use this book to engage students and pose questions on the characteristics of the people in the story. Students could examine the most common characteristics of students in the class (eye color, hair color, ear lobes). This curiosity could lead into a discussion on dominant and recessive genes.
Pat (Get Kids to Read) Tierney
Mar 30, 2013 Pat (Get Kids to Read) Tierney rated it really liked it
It’s a Small World is a beautiful retelling of the classic song. The lyrics that tell the story of how it’s a small world and despite our differences we really are very similar in the important ways. With beautiful illustrations by Joey Chou to complement the classic words and a CD included with the song from the ride, this is the perfect book to share for a virtual visit to Walt Disney World. If books can take you places this one took me to the Happiest Place on Earth
Sydney West
Nov 29, 2015 Sydney West rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book by Disney based on the popular ride, It's a Small World. It shows children from around the world and how their lives are unique. I would use this as a teaching tool for introducing my students to new cultures.
Tabitha
Jan 15, 2015 Tabitha rated it really liked it
LOVED the illustrations in this book! It was perfect for reading before naptime as there was little text so we could mostly look at the pictures.
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Linnea
Linnea rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Langston
Langston rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Don Cappy
Don Cappy rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2014
Kathy Lane
Kathy Lane rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Mary Luzader
Mary Luzader rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Heather Lisson
Heather Lisson rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Jasmine Thomas
Jasmine Thomas rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Vince Di Meglio
Vince Di Meglio rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Wanda
Wanda rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Redgie
Redgie rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Kristina
Pretty illustrations and a CD with the song on it.
Gail Nye
Gail Nye rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Neil
Neil rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Laurel
Laurel rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Melanie Houff
Melanie Houff rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2011
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Amie
Amie rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Red
Red rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2011
Sherron Murphy
Sherron Murphy rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
The Bougie Twins
The Bougie Twins rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Richard Morton Sherman is an American songwriter who specializes in musical film with his brother Robert Bernard Sherman.

Some of the Sherman Brothers' best-known writing includes the songs from Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Winnie the Pooh, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Slipper and the Rose and the theme park song, "It's a Small World (after all)".
More about Richard M. Sherman...