Start by marking “Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)

Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives #1)

Undercover DEA agent Caleb Black is home for the holidays—possibly to bust his own father. But maybe Caleb's con-man dad isn't the one running drugs through the small town of Black Oak. Maybe it's the green-eyed goddess who runs the New Age shop and has Caleb under her sultry spell.Pandora Easton saved the family store with two words: sex sells. And her delectable aphrodis ...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Lies and Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Lies and Mistletoe

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Sex, Lies and Mistletoe is book one of the Undercover Operatives series by Tawny Weber. I read this book as part of the Undercover Festivities anthology. I won it in a give-a-way package by one of the authors.

Caleb Black has handed in his resignation to his commanding officer. He is an undercover agent for the DEA and he is burnt out. He’s been deep undercover for so long, he doesn’t even remember who he is anymore. But his best friend and fellow agent needs a favor from him. One more job. There
Kati
***original review posted at Romancing Rakes***

Whoa! Hellooo sexy prodigal son biker dude with a chip on his shoulder with a magic hoo-hoo that induces fourteen orgasms in one night.

Caleb Black ran wild when he was younger, pulling cons with his father and being a total badass with a reputation with his brother. He got tired of that life and joined the DEA. Before retiring, his friend from the FBI pulls the "owe-me card." Now he must go back to his home town (where his family pretty much runs th
Helen
Dec 11, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is sucha good read Simon and Maya both used each other for different reasons and when crunch time came and they relised they were in love it was fantastic. Filled with hot passion and a great hero I loved this book from start to finish and it kept me up late last night
Talina Perkins
Feb 10, 2012 Talina Perkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 star Top Pick review from Talina Perkins for Night Owl Reviews)

First Line:
“I’VE MADE THE ARRANGEMENTS. Everything is in place.”
As the assurance echoed through his speakerphone, Tobias Black leaned back in his Barcalounger, shifted an unlit cigar between his teeth and grinned.
“That was fast. I didn’t think you’d pull it off.”
A lie, of course.

Teaser:
“I like how you follow directions,” she said against his lips, her laugh only a little bit nervous.
“Let’s see how you do,” he returned, leaning b
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

The first chapter promises what the rest of the book delivers – laughs, embarrassing moments for both heroine and hero, a mystery slowly unfolding and two unlikely people falling in love despite the suspicions that surround them. There’s not a slow moment in the entire book. Sex, Lies and Mistletoe entertains and amuses in every chapter.

The one thing I look forward to when I read a book by Ms. Webber is the laugh hook. She always mana
Karyn Gerrard
Nov 02, 2011 Karyn Gerrard rated it really liked it
I have read a few of Tawny Weber's Blaze books, they always deliver light. frothy and sexy fun and Sex, Lies and Mistletoe is no different.

Caleb Black is a burnt-out DEA agent who has seen and done plenty. When he hears from his FBI buddy that a new drug has cropped up in his hometown of Black Oaks and the prine suspect is Caleb's estranged father, Tobias, Caleb in none too happy. Caleb decides to take the time off his boss has been nagging him to go on, and while he is at it also check out what
Michelle
Nov 20, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Sex, Lies and Mistletoe is the first book in the Undercover Operatives series by Tawny Weber and a Romance from Harlequin Blaze.

Book Blurb:

He sees her when she’s sleeping...

Undercover DEA agent Caleb Black is home for the holidays - possibly to bust his own father. But maybe Caleb’s con-man dad isn’t the one running drugs through the small town of Black Oak. Maybe it’s the green-eyed goddess who runs the New Age shop and has Caleb under her sultry spell.

Pandora Easton saved the family store with
Lenore Kosinski
I won this book in a first-reads contest, and was so excited to see it come in the mail -- it was even autographed to ME!!! Am I a total dork for being super psyched about that? Don't answer....

I've read Tawny Weber before and always enjoyed her books, and was not disappointed in this one. There were a few points where I was left a little lost, guess I couldn't always understand Pandora's motivations or the conflict with her Mother. But the chemistry between Caleb and Pandora was fabulous, and s
Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I thoughly enjoyed reading this book!! I won it right here on Goodreads, and now have the follup books on my waiting to have list on Amazon. Can't wait for the next book to see what Caleb's sister, Maya, has been up to and what she will be getting into. The Black family dymanics are very interesting and I can't wait to see where all three black siblings end up.
Bj Gaskill
Nov 29, 2011 Bj Gaskill rated it really liked it
The story was a nice read.....The interaction between the main characters totally clicked....at times intense....then mind blowing with his boots on (LOL).
December
Dec 20, 2011 December rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the town and the set up - interested to see what happens with the rest of the siblings.
Kate
Dec 17, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars
Habrewer
Dec 22, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Sex, Lies & Mistletoe by Tawny Weber
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Caleb is going to return home for the holidays to investigate a drug ring in Black Oak and clear his father of any involvement. His father is a career con man but appears to have gone legal with the motorcycle shop he now owns. Caleb is tired of the endless stakeouts and undercover work and is ready for something new in his life; he never thought he’d find it in Black Oak.

When thin
Tina
This is the first book in a trilogy of siblings that left home after each one reached adulthood and haven't been home since.

Caleb is the oldest child of a widowed father who was a con man all their life. He was taught from a very young age how to get away with many tricks. He left home to become an Undercover DEA agent, now he is heading back to his small town home to possibly arrest his father for running drugs. Being undercover has made him a hard person and he does not let anyone get close
Lindsay
A surprisingly delicious read!

The title of this book doesn't fit with anything in the story other than mistletoe being associated the season. I would not have picked this book myself based on this title. Luckily it was given to me, so I felt forced to read it.

The New Age twist was unique and well-done. The Eastons were given just the right amount of weirdness to make them stars of their town instead of being portrayed as crazy like many stories would have done.

My only complaint is that the endin
Danielle Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. I enjoyed this book and it's my first by Tawny Weber. This book really centers around the relationship of Pandora and Caleb although there is a bit of a mystery. I thought the villain was obvious from the beginning but this book isn't really about the suspense and Caleb's investigation is a very small part of this book. I enjoyed Caleb and Pandora and the building of their relationship. It was nice that Caleb felt so guilty for "investigating" Pandora instead of just justifying it. Ev ...more
Cathy Beckett
Sep 16, 2014 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books-read
What do you do to bring in business to a failing New Age shop? You turn the back room into an aphrodisiac cafe. At least that is what Pandora Easton does.

How do you clean up the drugs and other crime problems in your hometown? You go home to investigate your own father. Caleb Black must prove not only his father's innocence but his girl is in trouble too.

Caleb must prove that Pandora knows nothing about the drug ring working out of Moonspun Dreams. He must prove who is behind the drug ring to pr
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sex, Lies and Misteltoe is book one in Tawny Weber's Undercover Operatives series. Caleb and Pandora kept me turning the pages. I loved every minute of their romance and hated to see the book end.

Caleb is undercover trying to figure out who is running drugs in his home town. Suspicions surround Pandora due to the aphrodisiacs in the food she creates for her family shop. As much as he tries, Caleb can't resist Pandora. I love how he can’t resist her. The attraction between them sizzled.

A great r
Stephenia
Feb 12, 2012 Stephenia rated it really liked it
I don't venture into the Harlequin Blaze line too often anymore but I received this book free from the author. I like that the hero was an undercover DEA agent (hot and hunky) and the heroine a new age type shop owner - both from such seemingly different worlds,yet they found each other. I have read this author's books before and her dialogue flows, her stories are intriguing and she is a name to be looked at again. When you want somthing enjoyable and fun to read check this author out!
Lara
Jun 16, 2012 Lara rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-in-2012
This is the first book in the trilogy, but the second one I read. I enjoyed the development of the relationship between Caleb and Pandora, as well as Pandora's development of self-worth. The romance takes up most of the book, Caleb's investigations are mentioned, but not shown. There is little danger or violence, and I liked that.
Lisa Smith
May 09, 2015 Lisa Smith rated it it was amazing
I really like this book, it kept me in suspense the whole time after Pandora fell for Caleb Black and all the trouble that she went threw before she moved back home to Black Oak, and run her mother's business.
Deb Diem
Apr 19, 2015 Deb Diem rated it really liked it
Sex, Lies and Mistletoe by Tawny Weber is an entertaining read. Tawny Weber, as usual, delivers a well written story. It has a bit of mystery, great characters, drama and plenty of spice. I look forward to reading more from Tawny Weber. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Suze
Apr 21, 2012 Suze rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of three, following the Black siblings, coming back to their home town. Caleb, ex DEA, comes to town to find a drug ring, investigating his father and new girlfriend in process. Quirky new age interludes, hot sex and enough hangers for the next book.
Theresa
Jan 29, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it
Very spicey Christmas romance. Bad boy Caleb Black returns to Black Oak and Pandora Easton also returns to town to save her family business, together they're attracted to each other. Fun read you'll enjoy and I hope we'll see more of the Black family in future books.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Operatives
Nancy
Jun 08, 2014 Nancy rated it did not like it
Shelves: series-romance
Blaze. Sample not so good & the book was the same :(.
Joanna
Mar 10, 2014 Joanna rated it really liked it
A very sweet, if not predictable book. I am not one for reading contemporary romances, but if they were all this great, I would.
Laureen (Ms. Bibliophile)
Jun 26, 2012 Laureen (Ms. Bibliophile) rated it really liked it
Its exactly what you'd expect from a harlequin romance novel. And since they're my guilty pleasure, I enjoyed this one!
Jacquie C M
Jacquie C M rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Sherrye Nichols
Sherrye Nichols rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Mighty Quinns: Kellan (The Mighty Quinns, #18)
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Riding the Storm
  • Born Ready
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • The Survivor
  • Caught on Camera
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)
  • Roped in
  • Model Marine
  • Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)
New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of more than forty books, Tawny Weber loves writing about sexy heroes, most notably her popular Navy SEALs series. Her sassy, emotional romances are filled with men dedicated to being the best—and women determined to have the best. Tawny credits her ex-military alpha husband for inspiration in her writing, and in her life. The recipient of numerous w ...more
More about Tawny Weber...

Undercover Operatives (3 books)
  • Sex, Lies and Midnight (Undercover Operatives, #2)
  • Sex, Lies and Valentines (Undercover Operatives, #3)