Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:
Lost

Lost

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When he falls for a Mer-Kind man, Felik must decide if he's willing to sacrifice his own hard earned safety to save his lover's life.

After a lifetime of hardship on the streets, Felik is offered the coveted position of fisherman, one of the respected elite that hunt the great Mer-Kind. Mer-Kind are powerful beasts of the sea with scaled tails and human-like torsos, and the
ebook, 1st Edition, 112 pages
Published August 20th 2011 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost

Stealing the Wind by Shira AnthonyLove Rising by Piper VaughnBlood in the Water by Megan DerrPlaying with Food by K.A. MerikanKraken by M. Caspian
Gay Mermen
31st out of 67 books — 84 voters
Protection by S.A. ReidOne More Soldier by Marie SextonFull Circle by Kaje HarperBloodlines by Andrea SpeedWhen Love Is Not Enough by Wade Kelly
Best Bittersweet M/M Books
52nd out of 58 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

Brandon Witt
As I sit down to write my review of Lost, I feel my temper rising. I almost bought this book months ago (I am a sucker for mermaid and mermen, and this cover captivated me), but stopped because of the many horrible reviews. Finally, my curiosity won out, I had to find out what was inside. Plus, I’ve read so many dull, non-imaginative books lately, I thought one more couldn’t hurt.
Let me say this, vent my feelings… Just because you don’t like the way a story ends, or you feel sad when you read it
☆ Todd
This was a good read, to be so short, but I did find the whole premise a bit disturbing.

After the description of the unthinkable fate that befell the mer-kind after being captured, Felik seeing it first hand, I was really shocked to see that he could just sit back and be a bystander to something that truly evil. No matter what the cost -- *if* he did truly love Mercdon as he said.

As I kept reading the last quarter of the book, I waited and waited for there to have been some twist of fate for thi
Charmed
Not well executed at all. no real love story. No depth to either the world or the characters. the main character was compleatly unsympathetic, his supposed redemption at the end was anything but. I don't know what this book was supposed to be about, i'm not being fecitious i truly have no clue what the author intended. The author didn't make me understand the characters motivations, the implications of living in this place or why i was supposed to want to keep reading this story at all.
if this
Wolfgang
This book clearly deserves a high score. I saw how low the ratings were and had to comment despite never having done it before- so please understand if i mess up!

I cant believe how good this book is- it broke me heart. There have been comments of how people have not liked the main charactor, but lets face it, he did what every one would have in that situation. Im sick and tired of fantastic heros and heroins who seem to be everywhere these days, they are strong, couragous, daring and selfless a
Voidmancer
Can't believe this has a low rating. This is good stuff, if you can get past all the sadness since it's definitely not a light, happy story.

The whole story doesn't drag, it's a short, almost hastily paced, but nothing feels lacking, save for how the reader would have liked a little more breathing room to take in the "ambiance of romance" or something.

The characters are believable. Felik IS a believable character and his reasons to act how he does is justified by his past, you may not be sympathe
Enny
I read Lost by Genie Hyatt last night and couldn't fall asleep afterwards. That one is probably one of the saddest books I've ever read and now I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian. The writing style and the world building was fantastic but what a miserable ending that book had! "Bittersweet" would be too harmless a word to describe it.
Kristy Maitz
Author of the book had good idea but end result is low. To the end reader has lot of questions which are not answered and main character is an idiot.
Serith
This was SO far from what I imagined this story would be. I innocently thought, “oh hey, this will be a cute taboo romance between a human and a merman!” …and while it was, it also really really wasn’t. Just take that idea and …light it on fire right now. Still present – just kindling for the burning inferno of feels.

I even started writing a review going on about how the story really delves into morals. The issues presented in this dark world were strangely convincing; I bought that people would
Det
Dark just so dark for me. I like how the author was brutal in details of how the mermen was treated, just to be clear not the brutality itself but the way the author wrote it harshly. As for the story, depressing and sad even the protagonist was not impressive and his absolution? at the end was what irks me the most he really doesn't deserve those love.
Jora
Good story on learning about the value of love the hard way. Felik lives his life as many do, glad for his new job and its benefits, wanting to finally fit in, not wanting to look too closely at what he does, until one day he sees a brutal truth. He is forced to weigh love's costs. The reader may such a self-examination difficult. Not for those in the mood for light escapism.
Tamarrion Lash
Такие вещи надо варнингами увешивать с ног до головы. Я прорыдала полночи.
История изумительная, но она нифига не традиционный любовный романчик и по культурным сквикам очень хорошо проходится.
Поставила пять звездочек, но перечитывать буду только под угрозой немедленного расстрела.
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
the hero was no hero, very unlikable, selfish and a coward. I could not sympathize or like him at all. Also the story is unfinished and leaves too many questions, but theres a glimmer of an interesting story that pushed it into a 3 rating.
Amy
I thought this was different but I really liked it, even if I cried(alot) I only wish the ending would have continued to a more final ending than what it did. The tears were worth the end though.
Bennett Francis
Bennett Francis marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Kinder
Kinder marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Teela
Teela added it
Jul 30, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 12, 2015
John And
John And marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Apeiron
Apeiron marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Rusty Bell
Rusty Bell marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Lauren King
Lauren King marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014