Accidentally Dead, Again (Accidentals, #6)

Accidentally Dead, Again (Accidentals #6)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  730 ratings  ·  50 reviews
He was just looking for a night of fun.After a wild work-sponsored Halloween party, entomologist Sam McLean wakes up with a spotty memory—and a pointy set of fangs. Sam’s one-night stand wasn’t just dressed as a vampire; she had the bite to match.Somehow, Sam'sunconscious body ends up at the OOPS office, where paranormal crisis counselors Nina, Marty and Wanda give him the...more
Trade Paperback, 1st Edition, 344 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Dead, Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Dead, Again

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
168th out of 625 books — 1,780 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
479th out of 2,507 books — 15,920 voters

More lists with this book...

Cathy
I really liked this one I lot. It was fun that it started out seeming like the typical goofy paranormal romance, just another book in the series with the familiar friends bickering and lots of silliness. But then there are twists. Several good twists, and layers. For one thing, there was Phoebe, who wasn't the fluffy Barbie she appeared to be. She had substance and steel, a temper and a lot of passion. And a big secret of her own. And I really liked the idea of how Phoebe and Same were actually...more
Darcy
This one would have been better for me had abrasive Nina not been so front and center. I have grown tired of her and how she swears worse than a sailor and hates everything.

I did like both Sam and Phoebe and found it interesting that they both were hiding big things. I laughed with how Sam made Phoebe a vampire, I would hate to admit how it happened had it been me.

I think the best part of the book was the epilogue. It showed how everyone in the series is just one big family.
Sharon Tyler
Accidentally Dead, Again is the sixth book in the fun paranormal romance Accidentally Friends series by Dakota Cassidy. Sam McLean was planning on a night of fun with co-workers, but wakes up with missing memories of the night and a sudden need to drink blood. He wakes up in in the office of OOPS- where Wanda, Nina, and Marty help new members of the paranormal fold deal with their new status. Soon, Phoebe Reynolds was looking for her half-sister, Nina, and found her only to land tush first on Sa...more
Cindy
Once again our outrageous ladies from OOPS (Out in the Open Paranormal Support) find themselves assisting a newly turned vampire. Wonderfully nerdy Sam McLean wakes up with a set of fangs from a one night stand after a Halloween party gone wrong. While the lovely ladies are trying to figure out how to deal with this unexpected guest, in walks Phoebe Reynolds, a lovely woman who claims to be Nina's long lost half-sister. And if you know Nina, foul mouthed, scrappy, wonderful Nina...you'll know sh...more
Dani
The shit has hit the pervibial fan. When Sam McLean wakes up in the office of OOPS after a Halloween party, he has no idea how he got there, but after a display right out of a Hollywood movie, he knows that the things that go bump in the night are real and that he's just joined their ranks. While he's getting used to the idea of it all, in walks the woman destined to make him crazy. Phoebe Reynolds has come to the OOPS office to find her sister Nina. She was forewarned about Nina and that the ne...more
R.G.
Well... the plot was awesome... maybe the best plot this series as ever had... it has double agents, secrets, FBI, CIA, a bunch of other acronyms, and a strange virus running through the vampire world... and yet... the characters kind of bomb, at least for the first half of this book... it was so bad that I struggled to get through the first half... in fact I only did it so I could give it a review... the characters were just unrealistic... Nina, Marty, and Wanda were like an over told joke that...more
Lindsay
As always, Dakota Cassidy delivers a paranormaly romantic punch with the newest in her "Accidental" series, Accidentally Dead, Again. This time, the story is centered on Phoebe, the snarkaholic vampire Nina's spunky long lost sister. Things quickly heat up when Phoebe is accidentally bitten in a very interesting way by the hot cowboy entomologist and newbie vamp Sam McLean. And, as you can imagine, chaos and hi-jinx ensue. For readers who are familiar with Cassidy's writing, Accidentally Dead, A...more
Ellie
Accidentally Dead, Again, Accidentally Friends #6, by Dakota Cassidy
Grade: B+

“I was the baddest ass in the land from kindergarten right up until graduation, buddy. You’re really giving your nerd prowess some serious ego. I hear a lot of hype, but I’m not seeing a lot of proof. Your serve, ninja geek.”

Sam McLean never thought going to a Halloween party for work would turn his life upside down and inside out. After a fuzzy night with a beautiful woman Same ends up at OOPS headquarters, still dress...more
Jenni
It was a while since the last book I've read from the "Accidentally Friends" series, but it took me just seconds to get back into this "world" once again.
This time it features Nina's half-sister, Phoebe Reynolds. The first surprise is that Nina didn't knew about this particular sister until now. Due to Nina's temper, one thing lead to another and Phoebe got bitten on her ass by Sam, the newborn vampire. Yep, you heard it right, bitten on the ass by fangs. You have to read the book to find out ho...more
Donna
I started this book and was thinking been there done that. But I kept at it because Dakota Cassidy gives Nina such great dialog. But somewhere along the way the story became totally fun and different. WTG Dakota Cassidy!

Sam finds himself left on the doorstep of OOPS in the dress he wore to the company Halloween party. He has no memory of how he got there. He finds himself fanged and fabulous. Nina, Wanda & Marty are doing their best to help him come to terms with his new condition when Phoeb...more
Maria
This was the first book I read by Dakota Cassidy and I really liked it. It was funny, and adventurous, all the while having that tiny bit of sexy romance that I tend to enjoy every once in awhile. I definitely want to continue reading this series, especially from the beginning because it sounds very interesting. The characters are quirky and funny and complicated and just so interesting that it pulls me into the book. I can't wait to pick up another one!
Darkand
OK, I guess I'll just have to say it. Dakota Cassidy is freakin' fantabulous! Her stories are like some otherworldly kind of crack ~ I am totally addicted! This time, we meet Sam and Phoebe who both get turned into vampires, accidentally, of course. Their story turns into a homage to all the great soap operas with as many twists, turns, and *gasp* shocking secrets and the snark...oh baby, yeah, the snark! The witty banter and sarcastic flameballs that get bandied about give me a word orgasm (yea...more
Nora
Nina gets not one, but two sisters--soap opera style--as well as a brother in law! All accidentally, of course! I must really like this series, because I KEEP READING THEM!!! The humor is so fun & I love the relationships!
*Contains Explicit sex.
Becca
I loved this book! Oh my gosh! This may have been my favorite in this series so far and I totally adore the series! If you haven't read it...well you should...like NOW!
Marina
Nice story.Kinda funny.Great series (concept) which I'll continue to read!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self:
Samuel "Sam" McLean(38yo,FBI agent,new vamp,ex entomologist)+Phoebe Reynolds(33yo,new vamp, sis, personal stylist,pal) and Optimus (her cat),Penny R.(sis,20yo,disabled brain damaged),Mark Boyer(pal, gay,roommate,stylist),Nina Blackman-Statleon(37yo,half sis,vamp,OOPS mem,pal1)+Greg(vamp),Marty Flaherty(...more
Jeannie Lopez
gawd i love this series , now i gotta wait for the next 2 to be transferred to my library... IMPATIENT !!!
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Best of the Accidental series.
Nina has a new sister, and guess what? Phoebe is a new accidental vampire as well. Nina is at her sarcastic best with help from Marty, Wanda, and newbie Sam to find out who is creating vampires and why those new vampires are dying.
Cassidy hits the mark with her snarky, sarcastic, very entertaining voice.
Caution: Nina is very good at swearing so don't read this if you are easily offended by that type of dialog.
Maria
This series is starting to wear on me. I've NEVER heard 30-year old women try so hard to sound like they were teenagers. All of the acronyms (WTF, OMG, BFF, etc) and one-liners are on overload. I seem to remember it not being quite so bad at the beginning of the series and wish the author would tone it down. All of that nonsense really got in the way of me enjoying the story.
I was not a fan of Phoebe, but I loved Sam. I would have liked it if the husbands had had more of a role in this book, since they hardly make any appearances after their own HEA. Sadly, I was disappointed in that regard as Keegan only showed up at the very end and the other men only got a small mention. Still, the writing is fun and fast paced and overall enjoyable.
Deana Hamilton
I love this series!! I was laughing from the first sentence on. It was fun, it was funny and once again I fell in love with the characters. Each time I read one of these books, I feel like I'm visiting friends. Nina, Marty and Wanda are always there and always make me laugh. Phoebe will be a great addition to the group.
Jenn
Sep 05, 2012 Jenn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I liked the plot line of this more than of the last two. Catty was just a too far fetched, even for paraChicklit. Anyway, that the characters were more realistic and deeper helped move this book into a more realistic place than her previous Accidentally books. I liked it. A lot!
Megan
I love the snark of Cassidy's series, but this book had almost too much of the characters bickering and not enough movement on plot. Still a fun read, but I skimmed some parts more lightly than normal because they weren't very important...
Valerie
I have adored every Dakota Cassidy book until this one. Accidentally Dead,Again seemd forced. It did not flow like her previous work. I wouldn't reccommend this book except to die hard fans. Soory,Dakota! Love ya but this was a bomb.
Nora-adrienne
Nina and her posse of crazies are back at it again. Man made vamps are showing up and self destructing and Nina along with her newly met half sister have to clean house, kick butt and take names.

I loved the book.
Tara-lee
All the twists and turn in this book were pretty good and totally almost unpredictable. I can't believe Terrance came back to haunt us all the way from book 1, he must have nothing better to do with his spoiled life.
Kelle
I have loved the other books in the series, but I really couldn't get into this one. I figured I needed to read to meet/get-to-know the new characters so that I could continue following along, but it was painful.
Ellen
What to say, what to say?

Solid entry in the Accidental series I am pleased to say that Sam is exactly like I pictured a hot-nerd and yet so much more.

And the Phoebe-Nina thing? Wow, handled perfectly.
Melissa
What can I say? Dakota has done it again! This series is so funny! It got me thru breast cancer and chemo and now (still) chemo brain! I wish that I could come up with the one liners Dakota writes.
Martha Samsell
I read this book and thought it was okay. I enjoyed the first one as well. I also read Waltz THis Way recently and it was different. The characters are cute and the plots are as well.
  • Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair, #8)
  • Only Lycans Need Apply (Broken Heart, #9)
  • Werewolf in Denver (Wild About You, #4)
  • Hotel Hex (Hex, #4.5)
  • Undead and Unstable (Undead, #11)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • The Hunter (The Realm, #2)
  • The Hob (Gray Court, #4)
Dakota Cassidy lives for a good laugh in life and in her writing. In fact, she almost loves a good giggle as much as she loves hair products and that’s saying something.

Her goals in life are simple, (like really simple): banish the color yellow forever, create world peace via hot rollers and Aqua Net; and finally, nab every tiara in the land by competing in the Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss W...more
More about Dakota Cassidy...
The Accidental Werewolf (Accidentals, #1) Accidentally Dead (Accidentals, #2) The Accidental Human (Accidentals, #3) Accidentally Demonic (Accidentals, #4) Accidentally Catty (Accidentals, #5)

“Chemistry is a funny thing, miss. Sometimes those who are experiencing it aren't always aware they are.” 7 likes
“Because we're framily. You know, I love you, you love me? Like Barney only with bad language.” 7 likes