Man o Salwa

Man o Salwa

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Man o Salwa is a story about Rizq-e-Halal and Rizq-e-Haram, the legitimate and illegitimate ways of earning. It is a story about the curses of poverty that lead to extreme kinds of materialism. Zainab, Shiraz, Karam Ali and Zarri are from extremely poor families and as they struggle to make both ends meet, they are caught in a never ending conflict between their emotional...more

Sana
It was a very long and complicated story. In my opinion it was more complicated that it could be. It was a great novel in many aspects but it has some flaws as well. No, just hang on, I love it, but you should not overlook the flaws, even if they are minor. It is one of the lessons the story has to offer.

First, as I said it was unnecessarily complicated and dramatic. Secondly, the characters acted unnaturally and obtusely. Thirdly, I don't think it was an instance of Umera Ahmed's best pieces of...more
zain ul aabdin
umaira ahmad style but in its purified and improved form............scene of the novelt is same.........hero+heroin+islam but the induction style and pattern of characters is very exciting...........very good attempt(creation) in modern urdu literature indeed....thanx to umaira ahmad for this addition to urdu literature.
Shabnam Saleem
One of the most touching and beautiful books I have read from an amazing writer.
Shahid Javed
Man-O-Salwa is the best book by Umera Ahmad. I have read the book twice and have watched the drama four times. Characters of Zaini and Karam Ali can be regarded as the best written characters of any Urdu novel.

I could not find answer of a question after reading the novel. If Zaini (Zainab Zia/Parizad) was wrong, how her whole family got settled just because of her haram money? Their problems got solved due to the money,.... It was Zaini who suffered and finally committed the suicide, which was a...more
Hina
I just finished it a while back.

And then I sat and cried.

After Salar Sikandar if I truly felt something for any character(s) it's Zainab Zia. Zaini. And Karam Ali.

Speechless.

Umera Ahmed is a genius! I might come back and edit this review but right now.. it's just .. I can't.
Zunaira Afzal
Man o Salwa is a story of a girl working in showbiz. A very intense study of the lady's mind and his surroundings are very beautifully created. The end is a little abrupt but all in all, I liked it.
Fahad Naeem
Too much complex plot as people get confused when they go deep into it. Yet, a fascinating fictitious-reality based novel
WhiteSky
Apr 16, 2013 WhiteSky rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to WhiteSky by: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
If you want to know importance of 'Rizq-e-Halal' and how one should have 'tawakal' on ALLAH then do read this book.
Johar Latif
KARMA is a b*tch
Asad Saeed
Asad Saeed marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Shazeb
Shazeb marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Humdah
Humdah is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2014
Duha
Duha marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Moon Raider
Moon Raider marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
  • اردو کی آخری کتاب [Urdu Ki Akhri Kitaab]
  • امراؤ جان ادا [Umrao Jaan Ada]
  • Shahabnama
  • دیوانِ غالب
  • Shikwa and Jawab-i-Shikwa (Complaint and Answer)
  • Udaas Naslain [اداس نسلیں]
  • River of Fire: Aag Ka Darya
  • Devdas
  • Minaret
  • Turning Pages
عمیرہ احمد کا شمار دورِ حاضر کے مقبول ترین اردو ناول اور ڈراما نگاروں میں ہوتا ہے۔ عمیرہ 10 دسمبر 1976ء کو صوبۂ پنجاب، پاکستان کے مشہور شہر سیالکوٹ میں پیدا ہوئیں اور مرے کالج، سیالکوٹ سے انگریزی ادب میں ماسٹرز کیا۔ وہ آرمی پبلک کالج، سیالکوٹ میں انگریزی زبان کی تدریس کرتی رہیں۔ بعد ازاں، تحریری کاموں پر پوری توجہ دینے کے لیے اُنھوں نے ملازمت چھوڑ دی۔
عمیرہ نے بہ طور مصنفہ اپنے کیریئر کا آغاز 1998ء...more
More about Umera Ahmed...
پیرِ کامل (Peer-e-Kamil) Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan Zindagi Gulzar Hai La Hasil Amar Bail