Start by marking “PULP INK” as Want to Read:
PULP INK

PULP INK

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  15 reviews
PULP INK is the bizarre, chaotic side of crime fiction. From an ass-kicking surfer on acid to an idiot savant hitboy, these tales are dark, funny, action-packed and told with all the gleeful insanity of a Tarantino flick.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll roll into the fetal position and beg for mercy.

So sit back. Pour yourself a cup of joe, crack a beer, tie off – whatever
Published August 13th 2011 by Needle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about PULP INK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PULP INK

Tim Mayer
It may be that the anthology format will be the best one for e-publishing. At least with the newer generation of pulp writers, this seems to be the best introduction to their works. I found this collection to be a quick and deadly read, perfect for my Sony e-Reader. Editors Bird and Rhatigan are to be commended for putting together a selection which is of superior quality.
The editors of Pulp Ink had a great idea: take little snippets of dialogue from Pulp Fiction the movie, send them to a host
Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
Nov 06, 2013 Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Veronica Marie by: Nigel Bird, Chris Rhatigan, Paul D Brazill
All you have to do is look at the list of writers here and you KNOW that every single word is going to be solid gold! I can't recall the last time I saw so much INCREDIBLY AMAZING talent in one place!

Read Reed Farrel Coleman's REQUIEM FOR A SPIDER... killer ending!! I definitely have to read more about PI Moe Prager... Reed has a real gem here!
*************************************************

I am reading the second story right now... Jodi MacArthur's JACK RABBIT SLIM'S CELLAR THE $5 MIL HAK... I
A Reader's Heaven

I first picked up this collection after hearing so many good things about it and you know what? They are all true. Anthologies can be hit and miss, especially ones that "specialise" in a genre - not so with Pulp Ink.

I won't go through all the stories but suffice to say that every author brought something different to the table - revenge, sex, hitmen, greed and money. Some of the stories were told from differing POV - the criminal, the hired gun, the victim...

Certainly a collection that
Heath Lowrance
PULP INK is probably the short story bargain of the year so far, if you consider sheer volume of stories as well as the quality of those stories. It's jam-packed, and every entry is AT LEAST very good. More than three-fourths are downright brilliant.
But you know, it was bound to be great, wasn't it? Look at the editors: Nigel Bird and Chris Rhatigan. Two fellas who know a thing or two about what makes good stories work, yeah?
The connecting theme to PULP INK has something to do with the film "Pul
Elizabeth A.
Edited by Nigel Bird and Chris Rhatigan, Pulp Ink is a blistering collection of 24 deliciously dark tales, each inspired by a song from the Pulp Fiction movie soundtrack. Murder and madness, sex and seduction, revenge and redemption, Pulp Ink has a little bit of everything going on. A few of my favorites:

“Requiem For A Spider” finds Reed Farrel Coleman’s well-known and much loved character Moe Prager roped into acting as combination backup/security blanket for an old friend at a meeting with a p
Darren Sant
It was obvious to me by the time I had read the first three or four stories of this anthology that I had a problem. Writing an effective review of Pulp Ink would be like trying to clean the Humber Bridge with a toothbrush. Why? Quite simple because each story is like a sparking gem in the mud that is the e-book market. This anthology shone so brightly to me that I felt I had to wear shades when reading it. The editors deserve great credit for putting together such a fine collection. This is up t ...more
Paul Phillips

Certainly a collection that deserves
Shara
I found this book to be boring. The short stories started in what seems like the middle of what was going on, so it didn't make sense. For instance, in the second story; The $5 Mil Hak, it starts with the character strapped to a chair. I want to know, who is this guy? what did he do to end up being tied up? how does he know the people that tied him up. etc. It just felt like most of the stories were like this and they didn't feel complete. I got so bored with it, I only read 65%. I even struggle ...more
K.A. Laity
A fun conceit -- filling in all the background noise of what's happening between the lines of the PULP FICTION soundtrack. Terrific efforts all around, some of surprising gruesomeness and hilarity, too. Too many good stories to choose just one, but among my faves the ones by MacArthur, Beetner, Brazill, Ayris, Rhatigan and Horsley. But no clunkers -- for a slightly gimmicky conceit to kick things off, the writers have picked up the threads and run far.
Benoit Lelievre
Wow...I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Given that it's a who's who of underground crime fiction, the stories range from decent to really twisted and haunting. Kudos to David Cranmer, Hilary Davidson, Paul D. Brazill, Chris F. Holm and Matthew C. Funk for unforgettably stories and to Nigel Bird and Chris Rhatigan who edited it and put some great stories of their own. But that Cranmer story? Wow!
Rory Costello
The hit ratio here was very high. Even the stories that I found to be a little wide of the mark were never less than intriguing. The ones that I enjoyed the most -- especially Naomi Johnson's -- pulled off the difficult feat of blending action and humor. However, each author here has his or her own voice, and it adds up to a very satisfying medley.
John Brooke
This book is packed with dynamite, short thought provoking stories with punches to the gut. This collection of stories is so damn good that I am compelled to read this book again, and maybe again, sort of every so often for the rest of my life. A classic collection of the collective consciousness.
jerry christopher
Some of them were brilliant and they seem to have ended way too soon, while others seemed like they were trying to spoof the genre or at least came across that way, and if they were spoofing it was done poorly. But worth the read.
Mark
Some weird, some wonderful & others mediocre at best. All in I would recommend this collection of shorts to pass the commute to work of a morning although I would not urge anyone to fall over themselves to read either.
David Magowan
David Magowan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Emery
Emery marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
KOHEY.Y.
KOHEY.Y. marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Aline
Aline added it
May 04, 2015
Carolina Tucker
Carolina Tucker marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Gilli
Gilli marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Steve Lyons
Steve Lyons marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
BIO:
Eric Beetner is the author of The Devil Doesn't Want Me, Dig Two Graves, White Hot Pistol, The Year I Died Seven Times, Criminal Economics, Stripper Pole At The End Of The World and the story collection A Bouquet of Bullets. He is co-author (with JB Kohl) of One Too Many Blows To The Head and the sequel, Borrowed Trouble as well as writing two novellas in the acclaimed Fightcard series, Split
More about Eric Beetner...
Dig Two Graves The Devil Doesn't Want Me Rumrunners The Year I Died Seven Times Book #1 Stripper Pole At The End Of The World

“Walter had planned to drive to New York where he knew a fence and then to Canada to have the operation the doctor said he needed.” 0 likes