Start by marking “I Got You Babe” as Want to Read:
I Got You Babe

I Got You Babe (The DeMarco Family #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  511 ratings  ·  32 reviews
She picked the wrong man . . .

On the run for a robbery she didn’t commit, Renee Esterhaus is stuck in the middle of Texas with a broken car and a sadistic bounty hunter hot on her trail. Desperate for a way out, Renee decides to make a promise she never intends to keep–offer the first man she meets a night of unforgettable pleasure in return for a ride. A night to rememb
Hardcover, Large Print, 550 pages
Published November 1st 2002 by Thorndike Press (first published August 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about I Got You Babe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Got You Babe

Jane Stewart
3 ½ stars. Nicely written. Good characters. Pretty good conflicts. Excellent action scenes. Fun feel good ending.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
I am a bit confused about genre. It feels like contemporary romance, but there is a strong suspense element because she is on the run, people are after her, and a mystery must be solved. So I’m going with two genres on this one: contemporary romance and romantic suspense. Although there are a few smart and witty lines, there wasn’t enough laughter for me to call thi
Gail
A really fun read. Jane writes for Harlequin as Jane Sullivan. In this book, the heroine has jumped bail after her arrest for robbing a convenience store. She has no good alibi and a juvenile record, so the police stop looking, even though she’s lived an exemplary life since then. She gets caught by a butt-ugly bounty hunter, gets away by setting his car on fire and picks up a handsome fella in a nearby diner by promising him sex. Only to find out said handsome fella is a cop from the very town ...more
Carrie
This book was a wonderful surprise. I hadn't read anything by Jane Graves, and now wonder why I've rarely heard of her. I really enjoyed the humor, which was mostly subtle and never over-the-top. Ms. Graves writes realistic dialog that flows well, enough description to give the reader a good feel of setting, and enough action to keep things interesting. The internal struggles of both Renee and John were believable and moving. This was an excellent read.
Diane Carter
This was my first book by Jane Graves.I just did not want to put it down, it just kept me wondering what was going to happened next. Loved the strong willed Renee. Enjoyed the storyline and the two characters! Cannot wait to see her other books!
Kristiej
I was excited all long weekend. We are short staffed by quite a few people today, I knew we would be, that I would be doing the work of three and I was thinking ‘Great! The day will fly by’. But we were overstaffed on the weekend and not only did they do all of the other two coworkers jobs, but they did MINE too. And what was to be a zoom by day, has turned into one of boredom and trying to stretch jobs to fill out the day. But –my day of boredom is your day of winning as I have another review I ...more
Kate McMurry
Action, adventure, passion and FUN!

Twenty-five-year-old Renee Esterhaus doesn't have a chance. The offspring of an uncaring, alcoholic mother, she has a juvenile record in her hometown of Tolosa, Texas, and is positive she'll serve time for an armed robbery she didn't commit. Someone has framed her, stashing a gun and stolen goods in her car, and the cops and her court-appointed attorney are convinced she's guilty as sin. Renee panics and jumps bail, but her aging Toyota breaks down far too fe
Lauren
I can't express enough what a delightful surprise I found this book to be. For me it was a perfect romantic comedy. It’s one of my favorite kinds of romance novels, in that it had an almost unbelievable plot, but somehow still remained realistic. Not once did I say, "Why would they do that, it’s just too unbelievable." That to me is the mark of a good author. If an author can make believe that this crazy situation is really possible then kudos to her.
I enjoyed the chemistry between the two main
Shannon
This is a hard book to rate cause I liked it but I feel like it missed a few things or left me wondering how we got there. And with a story about a woman running from a crime she says she didn't commit and a cop I feel that those missing things are important. (view spoiler) ...more
Megan
Three and A half stars...Cute story. Little slow to start but then picked up. The characters were fun together. Typical romance but enjoyable. Renee has tried her hardest to be clean and stay out of trouble sine her teens when she was constantly getting in trouble. The "wrong place at the wrong time" rings true and she is accused of robbery and a shooting. As she runs she meets John...a police officer who goes by the book. What happens next you can guess but nice. Johns family is pretty funny. S ...more
Laurie Larsen
I really enjoyed parts of it. I loved the premise and I loved the characters. What I didn't like was how rough John was with Renee, pulling her around, pushing her here and there. Also didn't like Renee's bout of rage and violence late in the book. However, maybe the situation introduced by the plot warranted those attributes. Overall, I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the humor, the author's voice. Lots of fun.
Chelsi Baird
I got you babe wasn't an intriguing book, but wasn't necessarily boring. john went from being a mean son of a bitch and rude to the sweetest guy.. there really wasn't an in between with him. Renee was annoying in her thoughts and what she said sometimes.. but what kept me going was wanting to kjow who really did the crime.

3 stars on day of nothing to do and just want a book to pass the time.
Dawn ♥ romance
This story started right off with fast paced action and lots of humor that had me captivated. I enjoyed how the romance was weaved into all the plot twists and turns and the exciting ending. Renee is running from a robbery she didn't commit and tries to get John to help her not knowing he is a cop.
Melissa
Usually books that are more than a couple of years old and I don't go that well together. So I am really glad that I didn't look at the publishing date till after I had purchased and starting reading it.
It was a fun hilarious read that had action at pretty much every turn, I enjoyed it a lot :)
Mireille
THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN! Such a page-turner that I read it until midnight (that's late when your toddler wakes you up before six, okay). Sure, it's not the most plausible of plots, but the romance is awesome and the writing is good. I even laughed out loud a couple of times. I recommend it!
Tina
DNF at 26%. I like the humor and the writing is good, but I just can't get into this story. I absolutely detest Renee. And I'm not really connecting with John either. I might pick it up again in the future, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
Bette Hansen
Just finished reading this book and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Not your typical romance novel but that's what makes it so fun. Lots of humor, lots of twists and lots of romance. Definitely a recommended read for everyone!!
Susan
The book started off really strong and I was loving it, however, as it went on it got a little week and nolonger grab me. However overall i liked it and would read another book by this author.
Janice
The story is about a girl, who made some bad choices in life, but has tried to move on, and a guy who decided to trust her. If was a good read.
Marie
This book is sooo funny! As expected from Jane Graves, I knew would like this book so much. ~off to read the rest of her books!
Darlene
Funny, romantic and bit of sex thrown in. I really enjoyed reading and the pace is just right. I want more! :D
Jennifer Peach
On my nook this book is almost 700 pages. It took me about 296 to finally get into it.
Jeanette
This was a great book to read. I like the characters in it and it was funny.
Amanda Brown
3 1/2 stars. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to a friend.
Peggy
fun but basically just a janet evanovich copycat
Melann
Note par défaut, je ne m'en souviens plus :s
Toi
Cute book ! Loved the characters !
Janeiowa
Doesn't hold my interest.
Nicki805
Cute easy read. Enjoyable
  • Money Shot
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • Love To Love You Baby
  • Something Wild
  • The Wedding Gamble (Entangled Indulgence)
  • Demon Laird (Legacy of the Mist Clans, #2)
  • An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels)
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • The Substitute Wife
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)
  • Once and Again
  • Dirty Dare: The Rescue (Dirty Dare, #1)
  • Man at Work
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • The Mermaid's Knight (Once Upon a Time Travel, #3)
Jane Graves is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty contemporary romance novels. She is a nine-time finalist for Romance Writers of America's Rita Award, the industry's highest honor, and is the recipient of two National Readers' Choice Awards, the Booksellers' Best Award, and the Golden Quill, among others.

Jane lives in the Dallas area with her husband and a beautiful but
More about Jane Graves...
Black Ties and Lullabies Tall Tales and Wedding Veils Hot Wheels and High Heels Heartstrings and Diamond Rings Cowboy Take Me Away (Rainbow Valley, #1)