Start by marking “An Accidental Family” as Want to Read:
An Accidental Family

An Accidental Family (Conveniently Wed)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  13 reviews
USA TODAY Bestselling Author!

"I do," the bride and groom said...
and without love they wed.

Jonas Winslow knows nothing about fatherhood, yet he's determined to keep his orphaned nephew. But the boy's aunt, Robin Hampstead, isn't about to let go of her only remaining family. The solution: a temporary--strictly platonic--marriage...or so they thought.

Their agreement is to sha
Published August 9th 2011 (first published June 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about An Accidental Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Accidental Family

Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyIn Another Life by Jo CattellWhatever It Takes by J.M. StewartAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsWhen Angels Fall by Jo Cattell
Sweet romances
24th out of 210 books — 232 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardDaddy's Game by Normandie Alleman
Romantic ebook must reads
73rd out of 497 books — 639 voters

More lists with this book...

An AudioBook Review
Have you ever wondered why most romance stories are not laden with children, families and other assorted issues that real people face each day? Because we read to escape, we read to find potential in dreams penned of dashing heroes and damsels in distress, that hope for the happy ending. It’s a difficult balance, because we all have those groundhog days in our relationships, when family is the overwhelming attention grabber, and the time for romance gets pushed to the side.

This wasn't bad. It was just a little ho hum and and the romance didn't hook me. It has fun baby stuff though if you like to press your face to glass and watch new parents freak out and adapt like I sometimes like to do. :)
There is an old Chinese proverb that says “the journey is the reward.” I’ve come to view romance novels the same way. The setup happens early. Start with two people –traditionally one man and one woman, although I think most states allow other combinations, at least in books– with at least one of the two not at all interested in the other, often actively disliking them. You know how the story is going to end. The entertainment, insight gained, or whatever reward the reader receives, is in the jo ...more
I don't know what else I can say here that hasn't already been said. What I liked most about this story was the mutual respect that grew into a loving relationship.

Jonas and Robin were both on the career path, neither looking for a relationship or ready to start a family. Both were grieving in their own ways. Both were hard headed and both were eventually willing to change for the well-being of Tony.

Jonas was the more likable character, he was easy going and secure in his abilities to handle thi
Windy ODonnell
Not a fan of romance books so my review matters little.It was my first free E-book so of course I dragged though it and wasted my time.I did find a few moments of smiles but that was it.
Jonas and Robin had only met a couple of times and didn't get along. Then his sister and her brother die, leaving their young son, so they get married in order to take care of their nephew together. This book really shows their struggles as they try to get along with one another while also adjusting to being parents and grieving the loss of their loved ones. There were some funny moments as well as some heart-breaking moments.
Karen (Kew)
I do enjoy Donna Fasano's romances as they have more depth than is usual. This was a subject which could have been tritely dealt with but Ms Fasano has handled it with sensitivity. I found it touching to read how the flawed, damaged character of Robin responds to and flourishes in the situation that she has been thrown into. I also thought that the subject of the grieving little boy was sensitively handled.
This was a cute love story between a man, woman, and toddler. And I have to say my favorite character in this book is the toddler, his part in this book is adorable and very real. I have never read a book by Donna Fasano but will definately read another. It was a nice summer read.
Feb 14, 2012 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
After a tragic accident, two writers marry in order to assume guardianship of their mutual nephew. There are plot devices galore, but the scene where the toddler mourns the loss of his parents rings sadly genuine.
Candy Laine
Good plot, believable characters and amazing story telling.
The scene where the child sees a home video of his dead parents and gets upset was simply heart breaking!
Loved this book.
I'm totally embarrassed that I actually read this, I bought it on sale from Amazon for my Kindle and didn't realize that it was a full on romance novel.
Very good book. Obviously a heart string tugger. A little annoyed at the main female character,Robin, but still a good book.
Dawn Moore
Just a corny feel good book. My only expectation was that i be entertained and that i was.
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Barb added it
Sep 08, 2015
Myra added it
Sep 04, 2015
Jesica Soto
Jesica Soto marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Stephenie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Nadja marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Berriefairy marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Her Fake Romance
  • Calculated Risk
  • Sink or Swim
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • On the Line (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #2)
  • His Ordinary Life (Hearts of the South, #2)
  • Finessing Clarissa (The School for Manners, #4)
  • Split Decisions (Southern Suspense, #5)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
  • The Weakness in Me
  • Relativity (Proximity, #2)
  • Wendy and the Lost Boys (Wendy Darlin Tomb Raider #1)
  • One Small Victory
  • Warrior Rogue (The Drift Lords, #2)
  • Timeless Conflict
  • Vengeance

Conveniently Wed (8 books)
  • Cinderella Bride (Conveniently Wed) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 852)
  • Midnight Promises (At Midnight, #1)
  • The Mother of His Child
  • Just a Wedding Away (Conveniently Wed)
  • Temporary Husband (Marry Me, Cowboy: Conveniently Wed #14)
  • Marriage Of Agreement (Munroe Brothers, #2)
  • Gideon's Bride (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 666)
His Wife For A While Return Of The Runaway Bride Nanny And The Professor Taking Love In Stride Mountain Laurel