Start by marking “Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel” as Want to Read:
Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel

Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"[Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel] could not be more fun to read and definitely signals the entry of a new and exciting series into the Steampunk genre." ~SteampunkChronicle(dot)com

Stanford Parker has a choke-hold on the legalized slave industry. Breeding his brand of clones for whatever horror his clients may have in mind—from hard labor to spare organs—there’s no question
Published (first published August 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel

Marva
A good representation of steampunk. The Augmentation Society is creepy cool.
Science Fiction Addiction
Exciting and cinematic, Look Homeward, Clockwork Angel was a blast to read.

This Steampunk novella (long for a novella but too short to be a novel I think) takes us on a fast-paced action adventure with a strong plot, woven together by a large (for the stories length) cast of characters. And in most areas the two authors, Elias Anderson and E.C. Belikov have pulled it off adeptly.

One thing I wanted to get off my chest though, is that I had this nagging feeling while reading it that this should
Samantha Boyette
I am so psyched that this book was really good. It's the first random kindle freebie that I've been super excited about.

Apparently this is sort of a teaser to get you hooked on more books in the series, and if so then bravo. I deeply enjoyed all the characters, the settings, and the plot. For such a short book there was a ton of back story and easy character building.

Overall, the whole thing reminded me a little bit of the show 'Firefly' but mixed with steampunk. I haven't read a lot of steamp
Pruitt
I've never read any stories in the Steampunk genre before, but if this novella is any indication, I may have to search a few more good ones out. I really enjoyed this story. It read like a clockwork western. If this is the first book of a series, I'll most likely pick up the others when published. It was very entertaining, with characters I'd like to learn more about.
Lynne
Jul 21, 2012 Lynne rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lynne by: Kindle freebie -- when will I learn?
Shelves: dystopia, steampunk
How the hell do I categorize this? Futuristic steampunk? That doesn't really make sense. Whatever. It wasn't good enough to give it its own shelf.

Pacing is good, characters fairly well-developed, plot utterly predictable.
Kent
This apparently is a teaser to get you interested in the book(s) that are to follow with the same lead characters.

Hopefully, there will be more detail, character development, and plot to those.
Kysha
ok for a steam punk novel. a little predictable and a little boring. not bad for a free book though. mine has a better cover than this picture
AH
Mar 04, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kindle free download 3/4/12.
Rene Guyton
Rene Guyton marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Robert Lumpkin
Robert Lumpkin marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
G
G marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Jonathan Mcdaniel
Jonathan Mcdaniel marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Maria Alau
Maria Alau marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Bhakta Jim
Bhakta Jim marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Travis Sivart
Travis Sivart marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Alan Mearns
Alan Mearns marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014