Start by marking “The Devil's Peak (Devil's Deep)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Peak (Devil's Deep)

The Devil's Peak (Devil's Deep #2)

Get all three books of the top 20 bestselling Devil's Deep Series for only $3.99 each.

The Devil's Deep:
amazon.com/The-Devils-Deep-ebook/dp/B...
The Devil's Peak
The Devil's Cauldron: amazon.com/dp/B00DWYZMZ4

Only one person knows that Walter Fitzroy is trapped in the living prison of his own paralyzed body and she is a psychopath. Jealous to hide her boyfriend, Darlene T
Published July 30th 2011 by Balsalom Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Peak

Gwendolyn Dabney
Sep 10, 2011 Gwendolyn Dabney rated it it was amazing
The Devil's Peak is a must read for anyone who read Michael Wallace's Devil's Deep. I enjoyed being reunited with Wes & Becca, and going on yet another one of their thrilling adventures. The twists and turns in this book is what made it a page turner for me. I look forward reading anything by this author.
Bob
Mar 22, 2013 Bob rated it liked it
Thought I had done a review of The Devil’s Deep, but I don’t see it. So it was the first of a trilogy dealing with patients in nursing homes that are in a vegetative state and thought to be brain dead but are not. They can only communicate with eye movement or blinks if only someone would notice them trying.

The second book is The Devil’s Peak and picks the lead characters of the first book who have formed a group that actively tries to locate PVS patients who may be trapped in their heads and tr
Wendy Cantu
Feb 24, 2012 Wendy Cantu rated it liked it
Follow up to "The Devil's Deep." He did a great job at creating a new story based on the same theme (locked in syndrome) as the first book, but I think there were some parts that fell flat. For example, I kept expecting the characters mentioned in the first paragraph or their actions to have some sort of significance in the story, but they were merely mentioned towards the end and didn't really have anything to do with the plot.

I do give it kudos for the crazy girlfriend, though. She was incred
Marti
Dec 04, 2014 Marti rated it really liked it
I am giving this book four stars rather than three, due to the subject content. The Devil's Peak refers to a mountain for skiers, where Walter Fitzroy meets with a beating and ends up mute, with multiple injuries, in a nearby rehabilatative hospital, where he is terrorized by the psychopath, Darlene. How can he escape her ministrations, and let people know that his mind is okay? It would seem to me to make an interesting screenplay.
Claudia
Jan 20, 2016 Claudia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I LOVE THIS SERIES AND MICHAEL WALLACE IS INCREDIBLE.

The Devil's Peak, the second book in this series, was just as gripping, original, and 5-star-worthy as the first book. I'm totally in love with the theme of this series and Wallace's ability to consistently deliver such a powerful and suspenseful plot. Recommending the whole series to anyone who likes a good, thrilling mystery story!!
Chynared21
Oct 12, 2011 Chynared21 rated it it was amazing
This is my fourth Michael Wallace book and I can honestly say that I love his books. They have a nice pace and at times you'll sit there scratching your head wondering who the heck did it. He's an indie author so his books are very reasonable and you couldn't go wrong picking one up and diving right in.
John
Nov 03, 2014 John rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites, series
The Devil's Peak was my least favorite of the series. There is an added focus in this book: the psychotic mind. Not only did feature a man locked in his own mind, but it also veered into the mind of the mentally ill. In a way, it reminded me of Misery (Stephen King) mixed with One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
A little difficult to get in to

The first third was back ground and I think could have been accomplished quicker and shorter. The ending then seemed like the author was tired of it and summarized it in a few pages.
Sue
Sep 19, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
This was a good read. It sounded good on Book Bub so I thought I'd try it. The suspense is good, and keeps the reader on edge as it moves quickly along. I was wondering how it was all going to fit together, but it had a satisfying ending.
Pamila
Jul 14, 2016 Pamila rated it it was amazing
Shelves: million-pages
I really like Michael's books. This one was another winner. Already started book 3. Ordered more books from his web site as well. Michael Wallace is a very versatile author. I've read his Righteous Series as well. All of them were good.
Adrienne Campbell
Mar 26, 2014 Adrienne Campbell rated it liked it
The second novel in this series by Michael Wallace. Good, solid writing and interesting enough to keep me coming back for more. This book was a bit darker and had its share of nail biting/creepy characters and plot twists. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Marie_eve_78
Aug 17, 2015 Marie_eve_78 rated it really liked it
Good book but after reading two other of his "the devil's..." Series, I feel it's a little redundant.
MaryJude Schmitz
Jul 23, 2013 MaryJude Schmitz rated it liked it
This is the second in series about locked in syndrome. I like the characters Becca and Wes a lot bug I think the first book in this series was a better story. I still enjoyed the book, though.
Nancy
Mar 12, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
Same main characters as The Devil's Deep, although the focus was more on Becca. A few more improbable incidents, but overall still a satisfying story.
Sandra
Sandra rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2015
Jaana Rosendahl
Jaana Rosendahl rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Jessie Lawrence
Jessie Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Jan Strout
Jan Strout rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Amy Ormonde
Amy Ormonde rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2016
Sharol
Sharol rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Jennifer Morris
Jennifer Morris rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Penelope
Penelope rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
May 05, 2013
Margaret St.Pierre
Margaret St.Pierre rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Glenda LeMay
Glenda LeMay rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Ronna Klinedinst
Ronna Klinedinst rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Freud's Revenge
  • Midnight on the Mississippi (Secrets of the South Mysteries #1)
  • Into the Arms of Madness
  • New Year Island
  • The Spirit Box (John Hazard, #1)
  • Murder at the Book Fair (Dekker Cozy Mystery #8)
  • Shiver
  • Unsigned
  • Implant
  • Discovery in the Desert: It Will Shake the Nations
  • The One We Love (A Letty Whittaker 12 Step Mystery, #2)
  • Covenant
  • Waiting on God: Strength for Today and Hope for Tomorrow
  • Radio Silence (The Hollows: Graphic Novel, #2)
  • State of Rebellion (Pug Connor, #1)
  • The Frailty of Flesh
  • Ain't Nobody
  • Vienna Triangle
Would you like an alert when the next Michael Wallace book is published? Sign up for Michael's email list and receive a free Kindle copy of The Righteous novella "Trial by Fury." This list is used to announce new releases and occasional offers of free advance copies, not for any other purpose.

Michael also welcomes email from readers at m.wallace23(at)yahoo(dot)com.
More about Michael Wallace...

Devil's Deep (3 books)