Start by marking “Seaside Reunion” as Want to Read:
Seaside Reunion

Seaside Reunion (Starfish Bay #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  24 reviews
After surviving a devastating tragedy, combat reporter Nate Garrison returns to the only place that ever felt like home: Starfish Bay. But his reunion with lovely Lindsey Collier is nothing like he'd imagined. The sad-eyed widow who runs the mercantile was once the girl who made young Nate dream—of a future, of family ties and deep roots. Now Lindsey avoids love, loss…and ...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seaside Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seaside Reunion

Lyn
I truly enjoyed Seaside Reunion by Irene Hannon. The heroine Lindsey is sweet and vulnerable but not too sweet. She is able to push back when necessary. The hero Nick is the kind of guy who would be hard to ignore. To the world he is a successful war time newspaper reporter, but inside he's still the boy who cherished Lindsey has his best friend during his brief stay at Starfish Bay. He and Lindsey share a love for the Point, a special promontory overlooking the ocean. The Point becomes the poin ...more
Bookadventurer
Very enjoyable inspirational read. Nate and Lindsey are extremely likable characters, as well as the rest of Starfish Bay residents, and you find yourself rooting that good things will happen for all of them.

Nate's story was touching, and having known a gentlemen who was the only survivor of an IED, I could connect with Nate's soul wrenching questions of "Why me?" I also appreciated Ms. Hannon bringing attention to the plight of some of the returning troops and the personal angst they sometimes
Tammy Doherty
This is a nice, light, fast-read romance. Lindsey and Nate were childhood friends for one summer but that friendship stuck with them over the years even though they didn't keep in touch. When Nate returns to Starfish Bay their friendship is rekindled. Each has good reason to be hesitant about a serious relationship. The obstacles to romance are not contrived here. The plot thread about a resort wanting to buy and build on the piece of land Lindsey and Nate think of as "their spot" is in keeping ...more
Barbara
Following an incident that took the lives of several people in the war zone that is Afghanistan, formerly embedded combat reporter Nathaniel (Nate) Garrison returns to a small California town called Starfish Bay, where he spent part of his generally miserable childhood. The town holds good memories for Nate, as the local pastor took him in and showed him what a responsible adult looks like and his budding friendship with Lindsay (nee Callahan) Collier provided him with a love of chocolate chip c ...more
Kame
Can you revisit your touchstone and get the same feeling?

Nate lived in the small town of Starfish Bay 25 years ago with his Mom and Dad. It was the happiest days of his life - after he left that town his life took turns and he just longed to be happy again. After laying on the ground with soldiers around him - he decides he must go back to where he found peace. Nate goes back to Starfish Bay and finds the bestfriend he ever had in his life - Lindsey.

Lindsey has lived in Starfish Bay most of her
Donna (More Than a Review)
This inspirational novel explores going home and second chances. The author created such a sweet picture of two children bonding and developing a friendship. Twenty five years later those children have lost their innocence and have had their faith tested. Nate is a combat reporter on a much needed leave and goes back to the one place he called home as a child...
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books
Jill Twigg
Loved the idea of touchstones in the story. Very enjoyable read of good memories in a small town that brought both Nate and Lindsey back to figure things out, both having their own individual baggage to claim. The story of Jerrod was endearing as well as Nate being able to help the town with his vocation. Easy read and heartwarming.
Veronica
I would give this book 3.5 stars. I more than just liked it but I didn't like it enough to say I 'really liked it.'
It was really sweet but it was a little over dramatic. Not so dramatic that it was completely unrealistic but more dramatic than I thought necessary for the story. I also didn't like that despite the fact that Lindsey's mom died when Lindsey was 12, Lindsey did not have appear to have any effects from her mother dying when she was so young. I understand that was not where Hannon wan
Janine
"Seaside Reunion" is a sweet story of second chances and finding the meaning of home for two battle weary people.

Lindsey is a widow who has been hiding for sometime, and not sure she is ready to come out hiding.

Nate is trying to make sense of past events and hopes find what he lost by returning to Starfish Point.

Both Lindsey and Nate are looking for something and not the same, but could they find something better? Both of them are fighting to find some answers that they will never find.

I enjoye
Charline Bonham
Well written and enjoyed reading.
Karina
This wasn't a typical romance with a typical plot! It was a pleasant surprise. I liked it. I liked the fact that basically these protagonists were friends in childhood, and now meeting again as adults it develops into more. They do fight a bit, but the fight isn't about differences in their values and attitudes, it has more to do with their emotional baggage from the past. And upon thinking about the fights, both try to make amends.
Jan Mcleod
Nate returned to Starfish Bay after 25 years hoping to find the only happiness is his life he had ever had. Starfish Bay is a small town, and he was hoping to find his childhood playmate; however, things have changed, and Lindsey is afraid to take another chance on men or love.
It is an interesting story and well-written. The characters come alive and faith's healing power is very evident.
Phyllis Swain
Nate Garrison returns to Starfish Bay, the only place that ever felt like hime and rekindles a friendship with childhood friend Lindsey Collier.

John Hanscom
This was one of the best in this "love inspired romance" series I've read. It had a religious element without getting to "preachy," had an interesting story to tell, and was able to "fake me out" - at one point, I was sure the plot would go in one direction, but did not go as expected. I don't get "fooled" very often, and I appreciated it.
H5angela
I thought it would be the usual inspirational romance...cheesy and predictible. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Goes to show, don't judge a book by its cover. Well...most books anyway. I really, really liked the book. It was especially brilliant for its genre and one could relate to the characters.
Andrea
Jun 06, 2012 Andrea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Predictable book. A bit too sad in parts for my taste. Basically the story of stranger comes to town (in this case returns after 25 years), falls for widow with problems, helps town with their problems, overcomes his own problems, happily ever after. I felt it kind of dragged at the end.
Pam
This author is quickly becoming a favorite. Her stories are clean, enjoyable, and faith-filled without being pushy. I found reading this sweet story enjoyable and hard to put down.
Marg
Jan 04, 2012 Marg rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: x2012
I always enjoy Irene's book. The story is fast going and kept me going from start to finish. i will be looking for more Starfish Bay books.
Marianne
Good book with compelling characters and a storyline that made you want everything to turn out well for them! Well written!
Sparrow12
Excellent read I look forward to Irene Hannon's next book about Starfish Bay
Rob
Very enjoyable read, would definitely recommend it
Harlequin Books
May 02, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Gemory
Gemory marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Geneva Vaughn
Geneva Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Longing for Home (Mirror Lake, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Protected Hearts
  • Wyoming Sweethearts (Granger Family Ranch #6)
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Missing
  • The Fireman's Homecoming (Gordon Falls, #2)
  • The Christmas Child
  • Be My Neat-Heart
  • No Place Like Home (Love Inspired) (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • Home Sweet Home
  • No Way Out
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
Irene Hannon, who writes both romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 45 novels. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romantic fiction), a National Readers' Choice Award, three HOLT Medallions, a Daphne du Maurier Award, a Retailers Choice Award, a Booksellers' Best Award and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT ...more
More about Irene Hannon...

Starfish Bay (3 books)
  • Finding Home
  • Seaside Blessings
Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1) Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1) In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3) An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2) Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)