Start by marking “Seaside Reunion (Starfish Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seaside Reunion (Starfish Bay, #1)

Seaside Reunion (Starfish Bay #1)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  177 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
After surviving a devastating tragedy, combat reporter Nate Garrison returns to the only place that ever felt like home: Starfish Bay. But his reunion with lovely Lindsey Collier is nothing like he'd imagined. The sad-eyed widow who runs the mercantile was once the girl who made young Nate dream—of a future, of family ties and deep roots. Now Lindsey avoids love, loss…and ...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seaside Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seaside Reunion

Lyn
Jul 10, 2014 Lyn rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed Seaside Reunion by Irene Hannon. The heroine Lindsey is sweet and vulnerable but not too sweet. She is able to push back when necessary. The hero Nick is the kind of guy who would be hard to ignore. To the world he is a successful war time newspaper reporter, but inside he's still the boy who cherished Lindsey has his best friend during his brief stay at Starfish Bay. He and Lindsey share a love for the Point, a special promontory overlooking the ocean. The Point becomes the poin ...more
Karen
Feb 07, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey Collier was the little girl that was his best friend the year he had a decent life in Starfish Bay. Nate Garrison is an investigative reporter on leave for a few weeks after a roadside bombing in Afghanistan. Lindsey doesn't remember him at first, but as they get to know each other again after 25 years, sparks fly...
Bookadventurer
Jan 24, 2013 Bookadventurer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, love-inspired
Very enjoyable inspirational read. Nate and Lindsey are extremely likable characters, as well as the rest of Starfish Bay residents, and you find yourself rooting that good things will happen for all of them.

Nate's story was touching, and having known a gentlemen who was the only survivor of an IED, I could connect with Nate's soul wrenching questions of "Why me?" I also appreciated Ms. Hannon bringing attention to the plight of some of the returning troops and the personal angst they sometimes
Tammy Doherty
Apr 21, 2012 Tammy Doherty rated it really liked it
This is a nice, light, fast-read romance. Lindsey and Nate were childhood friends for one summer but that friendship stuck with them over the years even though they didn't keep in touch. When Nate returns to Starfish Bay their friendship is rekindled. Each has good reason to be hesitant about a serious relationship. The obstacles to romance are not contrived here. The plot thread about a resort wanting to buy and build on the piece of land Lindsey and Nate think of as "their spot" is in keeping ...more
Barbara
Following an incident that took the lives of several people in the war zone that is Afghanistan, formerly embedded combat reporter Nathaniel (Nate) Garrison returns to a small California town called Starfish Bay, where he spent part of his generally miserable childhood. The town holds good memories for Nate, as the local pastor took him in and showed him what a responsible adult looks like and his budding friendship with Lindsay (nee Callahan) Collier provided him with a love of chocolate chip c ...more
Kame
Jun 12, 2012 Kame rated it really liked it
Can you revisit your touchstone and get the same feeling?

Nate lived in the small town of Starfish Bay 25 years ago with his Mom and Dad. It was the happiest days of his life - after he left that town his life took turns and he just longed to be happy again. After laying on the ground with soldiers around him - he decides he must go back to where he found peace. Nate goes back to Starfish Bay and finds the bestfriend he ever had in his life - Lindsey.

Lindsey has lived in Starfish Bay most of her
Donna (More Than a Review)
Jan 26, 2014 Donna (More Than a Review) rated it really liked it
This inspirational novel explores going home and second chances. The author created such a sweet picture of two children bonding and developing a friendship. Twenty five years later those children have lost their innocence and have had their faith tested. Nate is a combat reporter on a much needed leave and goes back to the one place he called home as a child...
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books
Anna Mcfadden
Sep 12, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it
After surviving a devastating tragedy combat report Nate Garrison returns to the only place that he knew was peaceful. Starfish Bay. After 25 years h E runs into the only best friend he ever had Lindsey Collier, who return to help her father and to recover from her own list. As Nate feeling develope from friendship to love, he m u st find a way to convince Lindsey to trust love and God
Jill Twigg
Mar 06, 2014 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing
Loved the idea of touchstones in the story. Very enjoyable read of good memories in a small town that brought both Nate and Lindsey back to figure things out, both having their own individual baggage to claim. The story of Jerrod was endearing as well as Nate being able to help the town with his vocation. Easy read and heartwarming.
Katherine Miller
Great read

I love this series. The author portrays Starfish Bay so well I felt like I was there. Very heartwarming story of real
Life struggles and disappointments and how Gods hand is in it all got our good and His glory.
Veronica
Jan 19, 2013 Veronica rated it really liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars. I more than just liked it but I didn't like it enough to say I 'really liked it.'
It was really sweet but it was a little over dramatic. Not so dramatic that it was completely unrealistic but more dramatic than I thought necessary for the story. I also didn't like that despite the fact that Lindsey's mom died when Lindsey was 12, Lindsey did not have appear to have any effects from her mother dying when she was so young. I understand that was not where Hannon wan
Janine
"Seaside Reunion" is a sweet story of second chances and finding the meaning of home for two battle weary people.

Lindsey is a widow who has been hiding for sometime, and not sure she is ready to come out hiding.

Nate is trying to make sense of past events and hopes find what he lost by returning to Starfish Point.

Both Lindsey and Nate are looking for something and not the same, but could they find something better? Both of them are fighting to find some answers that they will never find.

I enjoye
I always enjoy Irene Hannon's books. This one was no exception. A well written tale about trusting God, touchstones, thinking about others, & learning to love again. I really enjoyed how she wrote the developers attitude. It was neat to see how the touchstone article touched him. His response was very nice. We need more developers like him in real life!
I have the second book in this series and I'm looking forward to visiting Starfish Bay again.
Charline Bonham
Sep 11, 2014 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and enjoyed reading.
Karina
Apr 27, 2012 Karina rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This wasn't a typical romance with a typical plot! It was a pleasant surprise. I liked it. I liked the fact that basically these protagonists were friends in childhood, and now meeting again as adults it develops into more. They do fight a bit, but the fight isn't about differences in their values and attitudes, it has more to do with their emotional baggage from the past. And upon thinking about the fights, both try to make amends.
Jan Mcleod
Oct 25, 2013 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it
Nate returned to Starfish Bay after 25 years hoping to find the only happiness is his life he had ever had. Starfish Bay is a small town, and he was hoping to find his childhood playmate; however, things have changed, and Lindsey is afraid to take another chance on men or love.
It is an interesting story and well-written. The characters come alive and faith's healing power is very evident.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 Phyllis Swain rated it really liked it
Nate Garrison returns to Starfish Bay, the only place that ever felt like hime and rekindles a friendship with childhood friend Lindsey Collier.

John Hanscom
Dec 13, 2011 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the best in this "love inspired romance" series I've read. It had a religious element without getting to "preachy," had an interesting story to tell, and was able to "fake me out" - at one point, I was sure the plot would go in one direction, but did not go as expected. I don't get "fooled" very often, and I appreciated it.
H5angela
Sep 23, 2012 H5angela rated it it was amazing
I thought it would be the usual inspirational romance...cheesy and predictible. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Goes to show, don't judge a book by its cover. Well...most books anyway. I really, really liked the book. It was especially brilliant for its genre and one could relate to the characters.
Andrea
Jun 06, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Predictable book. A bit too sad in parts for my taste. Basically the story of stranger comes to town (in this case returns after 25 years), falls for widow with problems, helps town with their problems, overcomes his own problems, happily ever after. I felt it kind of dragged at the end.
Pam
Sep 09, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
This author is quickly becoming a favorite. Her stories are clean, enjoyable, and faith-filled without being pushy. I found reading this sweet story enjoyable and hard to put down.
Marg
Jan 04, 2012 Marg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x2012
I always enjoy Irene's book. The story is fast going and kept me going from start to finish. i will be looking for more Starfish Bay books.
Marianne
Jul 31, 2014 Marianne rated it liked it
Good book with compelling characters and a storyline that made you want everything to turn out well for them! Well written!
Sparrow12
May 07, 2012 Sparrow12 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read I look forward to Irene Hannon's next book about Starfish Bay
Rob
Jan 30, 2012 Rob rated it liked it
Very enjoyable read, would definitely recommend it
Harlequin Books
May 02, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
  • Longing for Home (Mirror Lake, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • Promise Forever
  • Yuletide Cowboy (Men of Mule Hollow, #3)
  • The Christmas Child
  • Love in Bloom (The Heart of Main Street, #1)
  • Hometown Hearts (Granger Family Ranch #7)
  • The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls, #3)
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Season of Joy
Irene Hannon, who writes both romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 45 novels. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romantic fiction), a National Readers' Choice Award, three HOLT Medallions, a Daphne du Maurier Award, a Retailers Choice Award, a Booksellers' Best Award and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT ...more
More about Irene Hannon...

Starfish Bay (3 books)
  • Finding Home
  • Seaside Blessings (Starfish Bay, #3)