The Princess Next Door

The Princess Next Door

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The life of a princess is no fairy tale. For just one week, Hollyn Saldani wants to escape the demands of duty and find what she once had: freedom...and the boy next door.

So she runs away. Back to Heart Island, where she spent childhood summers, where she could be truly herself.

Time hasn't changed the place--but it sure has changed the boy she once knew. Nate Matthews is a

Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Susan
Good book. I really liked the way she came to the island to get away from it all. She came as an ordinary person, wanting to just relax and remember what it was like when she was a kid. She also ran into Nate - the boy she liked so much back then. I loved the way they reconnected and how Nate helped her find her old self. They didn't think there was any way they could be together. But, being a romance with an HEA, the solution was fantastic!
Christy
Holly is running away from her duties as princess of Morenci. The expectations of being heir to the throne give her no pleasure and don't allow her to fully experience life. The place she decides to run to is Heart Island in Michigan. This is the island that she spent five summers as girl and where she developed a crush on Nate Matthews. Now that she is back and Nate grown up, she's curious whether her crush could develop into something more and what would happened to her royal expectations if i...more
Camila Cullen Masen
muy apresurado el final :(
Jojo
[image error]
When I saw the cover I thought it was YA. I'm glad it wasn't.

Cotton-candy love story.The main couple is cute but the HEA came easily for then. I still can't believe her mother didn't make a fuss!
Cary
Not usually a fan of modern day romance novels as there is tho much sex in them. This had some but I could skip it and be content. The story and characters were believable enough that I enjoyed it.
luvbooks10
luvbooks10 marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Aaishah
Aaishah marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Karen Summons
Karen Summons marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Anne Douma
Anne Douma is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Mar 25, 2014
Kenzie London
Kenzie London marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Gigi staub
Gigi staub marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

After graduating from Central Michigan University with a degree in journalism, Jackie Braun worked at newspapers for nearly 17 years, 11 of those years as an award-winning editorial writer for The Flint Journal in Michigan, where she was also the first female editorial writer in the newspaper’s history.

She sold her first book to Silhouette Romance in late 1999 and started writing under the Harlequ...more
More about Jackie Braun...
Boardroom Baby Surprise Expecting A Miracle Mr. Right There All Along Must Like Kids Greek for Beginners