Start by marking “Lost Cargo” as Want to Read:
Lost Cargo

Lost Cargo

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  119 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When college student Travis Maguire chases his dog into Washington, D.C.'s Rock Creek Park wilderness, he finds more than the dog--he discovers a camera with photos of a mysterious black triangular aircraft that crashed in the woods.

Obsessed with the photos and the unknown photographer, Travis searches for the wreck, accompanied by two friends: beautiful Lexie Collins, who
Published July 31st 2011 by Expedition Books

To ask other readers questions about Lost Cargo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Cargo

Jason Mckinsey
Feb 11, 2015 Jason Mckinsey rated it liked it
I'll admit it, I got the book while it was free. And at first I thought it would be a great find- the author knew how to put words together in a fashion that did more than paint a scene, they immersed you in it. I found myself highlighting passages because they were particularly colorful or clever, and at one point the scene became so suspenseful that I actually jumped when my wife walked into the room.

Then somewhere along the way it turned into just another story.

I'm not sure exactly when thi
Gerold Whittaker
Nov 18, 2011 Gerold Whittaker rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook
When an alien spaceship crashes in a wooded park area of Washington DC, the pilot is injured and his cargo, a shape-shifting animal escapes. The shape-shifter immediately kills a girl, taking on her shape - and to an extent - her identity. Soon, unexplained deaths occur in and around the area and it is not long before three people accidently find - and enter - the hidden (cloaked) spaceship.

A rather enjoyable read which was spoiled by a few turns which contradict human nature. For example if a f
Kevin
May 16, 2012 Kevin rated it liked it
I just got a Kindle recently, and picked up this book from Amazon for free. It kept my glued to it as I raced through the chapters.

An alien ship crash lands in a Washington D.C. park. One bad alien escapes and terrorizes the area, while a good alien needs to hunt him down. Most of the book revolves around a few people who know the truth and are struggling to get back a captured friend and warn others while not getting eaten in the process.

This book is a mix of Sci-Fi, thriller, horror, and humor
Katherine Hanna
Oct 30, 2011 Katherine Hanna rated it really liked it
Lost Cargo is not your typical sci-fi story. It begins with the crash of an interstellar vehicle in Rock Creek Park in Washington DC. Hooked me easily, and not just because I was raised in the suburbs of DC. Soon we learn that the witness to this crash will not be our protagonist. Instead, college student Travis finds a hidden camera bag, camera inside, and the pictures it contains. He has a hard time convincing anyone that these are indeed pictures of a crashed UFO, but happy chance gives him L ...more
Dava Stewart
Dec 09, 2011 Dava Stewart rated it it was ok
I struggled to finish this one. It's a bit like a horror movie. It's tempting to say "like a bad horror movie" but since I don't like horror, they all seem bad to me. Anyway, the characters in this novel behave inexplicably, and lots of strings are left dangling. As other reviewers have mentioned, the whole thing with the dentist is weird and leads nowhere. I would add the same is true for Monroe- we never find out why he seemed connected to the alien, unless it's because his grandfather told hi ...more
Jeet Shergill
Nov 20, 2014 Jeet Shergill rated it really liked it
Very good reading

excellent and simple science fiction
Very entertaining. could not put the book down until finished. recommend for any one who enjoys good science fiction.
Wright Gres
Dec 19, 2011 Wright Gres rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading LOST CARGO. Admittedly, the title drew me in first with its obvious tie with that of my adventure MACEDONIA PASSAGE: DANGEROUS CARGO. Kind of a silly reason to pick up a book, I know, but who's to say what inspires us to pick up a book.
You can look up the book to get the synopsis, but I'll say it was one of those books that keeps you turning the pages. A good old-fashioned science fiction adventure.
Lacey
Dec 18, 2012 Lacey rated it really liked it
Shelves: fini-ebooks
This book was actually pretty decent! Cheesy, but decent. I liked the fact that I couldn't predict what would happen and some parts left me laughing out loud while others left me grimacing with horror! I would of liked to have seen more of the alien technician though. He was suppose to hunt down and recapture his lost cargo, but the human characters tended to track it more than the alien. Anyway, I thought it was pretty good!
Karen
Jan 30, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
It was a slow start. About half way in you really got attached to Travis and Lexie the two main characters. By that time you couldn't put the book down. Wondering if they were going to be attacked. Or if Travis's sister and husband would be since they moved into the same building as the monster. And if the little blue man was ever going to release Lexie's brother Burke from the space ship.
Ed Scott
Jun 02, 2012 Ed Scott rated it it was amazing
Years back I read many Dean Koontz books, (before he went to the psychobabble type of stories) This book reminded me of the old Dean Koontz. Far fetched, but not that far fetched that it isnt believable. I would recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of Koontz/King type books.
Jim Brown
Feb 20, 2016 Jim Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi, 2014
Awesome story

This was a almost can't put it down book. But I did but still it took only three days to finish. I would recommend this book to any friends. It would make a great movie.
Susanhi
Aug 10, 2012 Susanhi rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was an interesting story. Entertaining, easy read.
Tom
May 09, 2012 Tom rated it liked it
Fun little monster thriller. Only tangentially SF, but hearkens back to the old pulps.
Ken
Dec 07, 2013 Ken added it
False
Ashlie Cleyman
Ashlie Cleyman rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
David Henger
David Henger marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2016
Denise Pursifull
Denise Pursifull marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Tony Villarica
Tony Villarica rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Lorie Johns
Lorie Johns marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
  • Perigee
  • Confessions of a Cake Addict
  • Spiderwork (Apocalypto, #2)
  • The Second Ward
  • Communion of Dreams
  • Scream Angel
  • The Woof in the Wedding Plans (Silver State Romance, #2)
  • Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • Faerie Cake Dead (Luna Devere, #1)
  • Run Like Hell
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • Best Friends
  • Fenton's Winter
  • Transfection
  • Wrecker
  • The Kitchen Shrink
  • Timesplash (Timesplash, #1)
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)