Start by marking “Lost Cargo” as Want to Read:
Lost Cargo

Lost Cargo

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When college student Travis Maguire chases his dog into Washington, D.C.'s Rock Creek Park wilderness, he finds more than the dog--he discovers a camera with photos of a mysterious black triangular aircraft that crashed in the woods.

Obsessed with the photos and the unknown photographer, Travis searches for the wreck, accompanied by two friends: beautiful Lexie Collins, who...more
Published July 31st 2011 by Expedition Books

To ask other readers questions about Lost Cargo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Cargo

Gerold Whittaker
When an alien spaceship crashes in a wooded park area of Washington DC, the pilot is injured and his cargo, a shape-shifting animal escapes. The shape-shifter immediately kills a girl, taking on her shape - and to an extent - her identity. Soon, unexplained deaths occur in and around the area and it is not long before three people accidently find - and enter - the hidden (cloaked) spaceship.

A rather enjoyable read which was spoiled by a few turns which contradict human nature. For example if a f...more
Kevin
I just got a Kindle recently, and picked up this book from Amazon for free. It kept my glued to it as I raced through the chapters.

An alien ship crash lands in a Washington D.C. park. One bad alien escapes and terrorizes the area, while a good alien needs to hunt him down. Most of the book revolves around a few people who know the truth and are struggling to get back a captured friend and warn others while not getting eaten in the process.

This book is a mix of Sci-Fi, thriller, horror, and humor...more
Katherine Hanna
Lost Cargo is not your typical sci-fi story. It begins with the crash of an interstellar vehicle in Rock Creek Park in Washington DC. Hooked me easily, and not just because I was raised in the suburbs of DC. Soon we learn that the witness to this crash will not be our protagonist. Instead, college student Travis finds a hidden camera bag, camera inside, and the pictures it contains. He has a hard time convincing anyone that these are indeed pictures of a crashed UFO, but happy chance gives him L...more
Dava Stewart
I struggled to finish this one. It's a bit like a horror movie. It's tempting to say "like a bad horror movie" but since I don't like horror, they all seem bad to me. Anyway, the characters in this novel behave inexplicably, and lots of strings are left dangling. As other reviewers have mentioned, the whole thing with the dentist is weird and leads nowhere. I would add the same is true for Monroe- we never find out why he seemed connected to the alien, unless it's because his grandfather told hi...more
Wright Gres
I thoroughly enjoyed reading LOST CARGO. Admittedly, the title drew me in first with its obvious tie with that of my adventure MACEDONIA PASSAGE: DANGEROUS CARGO. Kind of a silly reason to pick up a book, I know, but who's to say what inspires us to pick up a book.
You can look up the book to get the synopsis, but I'll say it was one of those books that keeps you turning the pages. A good old-fashioned science fiction adventure.
Lacey
This book was actually pretty decent! Cheesy, but decent. I liked the fact that I couldn't predict what would happen and some parts left me laughing out loud while others left me grimacing with horror! I would of liked to have seen more of the alien technician though. He was suppose to hunt down and recapture his lost cargo, but the human characters tended to track it more than the alien. Anyway, I thought it was pretty good!
Karen
It was a slow start. About half way in you really got attached to Travis and Lexie the two main characters. By that time you couldn't put the book down. Wondering if they were going to be attacked. Or if Travis's sister and husband would be since they moved into the same building as the monster. And if the little blue man was ever going to release Lexie's brother Burke from the space ship.
Ed Scott
Years back I read many Dean Koontz books, (before he went to the psychobabble type of stories) This book reminded me of the old Dean Koontz. Far fetched, but not that far fetched that it isnt believable. I would recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of Koontz/King type books.
Jim Brown
Awesome story

This was a almost can't put it down book. But I did but still it took only three days to finish. I would recommend this book to any friends. It would make a great movie.
Susanhi
I really enjoyed this book. It was an interesting story. Entertaining, easy read.
Tom
Fun little monster thriller. Only tangentially SF, but hearkens back to the old pulps.
Ken
Dec 07, 2013 Ken added it
False
Joye
Joye marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Sandra Dean
Sandra Dean marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Guenivere
Guenivere marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Steve Pierce
Steve Pierce marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Anna A
Anna A marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014