Start by marking “Judge, Tome 1 :” as Want to Read:
Judge, Tome 1 :

Judge, Tome 1 : (Judge #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Après avoir indirectement causé la mort de son propre frère, Hiro vit rongé par le remords. Deux ans ont passé quand il se réveille soudain dans le noir, menotté et coiffé d’un mystérieux masque de lapin. Au bout d’un couloir, le corps sans vie d’un adolescent, et sept autres victimes terrifiées, enfermées dans une étrange salle de tribunal. Mais aucun d’entre eux n’est vr ...more
Published June 30th 2011 by Ki-Oon (first published August 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Judge, Tome 1 , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judge, Tome 1

Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)
I'm re-reading this book in English. I started this series in Japan and think I got up to volume three before I moved. I'm glad to see that it's available in the US. I was really invested in this the first time around and was wanting to know how things would turn out. I guess I will this time.

In this first volume we get our first impressions from our new group of unfortunates. It's a big mind trip and I love it. It's not exactly ground breaking but it's at least entertainign.
Julie
This is very similar to Doubt but I still find the plot line intriguing. Perhaps because it reminds me of the Saw movies. Maybe they even influenced the creation of this manga. It is still slightly confusing at the moment, I'm assuming because some of the translations online seem a bit iffy so I think I'll purchase a physical copy to help with that.
Aaron Not Now
a grim and bloody mystery; more like a one time shop if I were to ever compare to anything outside my room. but I guess that's the reality of mystery. once you ate a sandwich, it's gone, much like this story. mind you it is a nice tasty treat but the series ultimately for me lacked a sort of authenticity i was looking for; sure the animals and there respective sins fall in line but they don't pan out or give that raw determination that I expected from a dungeon fight to survive scenario.

On anoth
Tara
4.5 stars. (Note: this is a review for the whole series)

The story itself is very similar to one of the author's previous works, Doubt. Because of that, I can't help but compare them. Overall, I personally preferred Doubt.

However, Judge out-shined Doubt in certain aspects including overall story because it simply seemed to come together much more than Doubt's story. Also, I felt that the overall theme of judging seemed to give this story a bit more of a purpose.

My only real problems for Judge we
Séverine
Quand Judge est arrivé dans nos contrées, il ne m'a pas du tout attiré. Rien qu'à la couverture et au speech, je voyais en lui une fausse suite de Doubt et j'en étais pas loin. Un scénario proche de Doubt. Des personnages qui ressemblent physiquement comme psychologiquement à ceux de Doubt. Des masques et des straps comme dans Doubt. Un lieu qui ressemble à celui de Doubt. Sauf que maintenant ils sont neuf à choisir qui mourra au lieu d'une gamine complètement dérangée. Sauf qu'ils ne sont pas m ...more
Jessica
ISBN: 9784757529670
Pages: 240
Series: Judge (#1)
Genres: Mystery, Drama, Horror, Shounen, Psychological

A young man, driven by jealousy over love, tells a lie that accidentally results in the death of his older brother. Some time later, Hiro is kidnapped and confined to a room with eight other people, each wearing a grotesque animal mask. Their kidnapper informs them that their time has come to be judged for their
I'mogén
Despite the low rating, I most likely will be continuing this manga, purely for the fact that it's something quick and I feel as though it will become better.
Exactly as my initial thoughts perceived it is just like Danganronpa, even the characters themselves are similar. e.g. #1 the girl with the glasses in both have some form of hysteria in parts. e.g. #2 stuffed animals...
There wasn't much story developement but that is what
I'm hoping for in the next volumes. I'm sure it'll become more beefy
Gunslingerdog
As of right now, I have read past 10 chapters. Liking it just like I did with Doubt.

Mistrust is my perfect topping - just not on my cake.

Hope to review the entire series once all of it is released.
Apr 24, 2014 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Cross the movie Se7en with the movie Saw, and you've got an idea what Judge is like. A group of strangers are kidnapped and wake up in a courtroom wearing animal masks. They quickly find out that they have all been deemed sinners, and each day, will have to vote on which of them will be killed as a sacrifice. Only 4 will survive.

I thought this was an interesting premise, but this volume was mostly set-up, and not much happened. I also had a hard time telling all the characters apart. Still, I'll
Kate
This series is separate from the author's previous series Doubt, Vol. 1, but based on a similar concept: several strangers awaken locked in a room. I had mentioned that Doubt was very similar to the "Saw" movies and so is this one, although in Doubt the strangers were playing a game similar to one known in America as "werewolf" or "Mafia" - the lights go out, someone dies, and then when the lights come back on, the remaining people need to figure out who the killer is.

Here, the strangers awaken
Anita
Ez egy marhára beteg játék.

Tényleg hasonlít a Yoshiki Tonogai: Doubt (francia) mangára – mind a karakterek kinézete, mind a sok, weird állatfej. Amúgy az elején elbizonytalanodtam a cuki romantikus felvezetésen, kezdtem aggódni, hogy egy groteszk horrormanga… de az.
Ráadásul tippem sincs, kinek a túléléséért lennék képes drukkolni, ugyanis nagyjából megvetem mindannyiukat. Hmm, hmm.

A manga rajzolása tetszik, akárcsak a karaktereké. Egy ilyen állatfejnek nem annyira örülnék a szobámban. Elég para
Brianna
This is still a little hard to read, but I think that might come from my inexperience with manga and what things mean! I would give it three stars based on that, but I chose four based on how purely entertaining it was. I AM ANGRY THAT IT STOPPED ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER. I want the second one, like, now. I will continue to read and enjoy this series, I think. I am so hooked on manga.
Tif
I'm a little cautious going into this series because I really dug Doubt until the ending. It was creepy and suspenseful and then the ending was just awful and suffered from soap opera drama. I'm afraid this will be much of the same- it already feels the same. I'm curious and intrigued and hooked and I just know it's going to disappoint me somewhere down the road.
Mark
Hiroyuki Sakurai tidak pernah mengira, niatnya untuk menyatakan cinta pada seorang gadis secara tidak langsung justru berakibat pada kematian abangnya, Atsuya Sakurai, secara mengenaskan. Didera perasaan bersalah, ia memutuskan untuk selalu merahasiakan hal ini dari semua orang.

Hingga suatu saat, dia terbangun dari mimpi aneh dan menemukan dirinya berada di sebuah ruangan di suatu tempat antah-berantah, sedang mengenakan topeng kepala kelinci. Bersamanya di ruangan itu setidaknya ada 9 orang la
Kascia
It was interesting, however, it isn't the type I would normally read. I only read it since it was on a recommended list. I do believe I would like to read the second volume so I can decide better if it's worth reading. Besides that, I do see the appeal that it has. If you like a darker feel to your manga, this would be one you might enjoy.
Priscila Taira
Good but average?!
I mean that type of story/plot is often used and already well known... But it still is catchy and well made so i guess i would give it a 3.5 but the fact that it is a bit "clichee" ... Turns me down...
Ashley
damn cliffhangers...this is one of the first mangas I have ever read and I really enjoyed it. nowww I have to go out to buy the next volume...... like RIGHT now! ;)
Max
Battle Royale meets Saw? That's sort of how it felt for me. It's desperately predictable but just interesting enough for me to continue to volume two.
Gally
4/5 stars ~ From Yoshiki Tonogai, creator of Doubt, Vol. 1, comes another "locked-room" mystery, complete with creepy animal heads! The first volume feels a lot like Doubt -- same art, more teen tragedy and death, slow and suspenseful pace, etc. -- so if you liked that, you'll like this. Plenty of egos and ideas clashing among the nine sinners who must judge who among them will be the first to die.
Jasmiina F
Judge is probably a bit too dark for me. There doesn't seem to be much hope for the characters. I like the idea though and I'll keep reading forward.
Jeridel Banks
Not worth the read if you're used to thriller/mystery manga where characters blame themselves for someone else's death(s).
Annelissa Taylor
It was ok, but definitely not the best series I've read. Not sure I'd recommend it.
Jenna
I don't know if it's because I've read Doubt that this new series felt too familiar and not as intriguing as the rest. It could have been that I wasn't in the mood for psychological drama (too draining!) where you second guess the motives of strangers, rather than a mystery thriller where to try to find the Wolf in the mass of rabbits before you get killed...

Nice drawing style that belies the horror within the story itself...

Wish we had a bit more character interaction before the trial and evil
Alisi ☆ needs to stop starting new books ☆
Interesting. This is the manga version of 'And Then There Was None.'
Orinthia Lee
Lebih bagus dari Doubt kayanya. Tegangnya lebih dapet.
Victoria villagomez
oh my god! I can't...wow. I need to read the other ones. I died so badly for what happened. I love it!
Christa
Loved!

Can't wait to get my hands on the others!
Clotilde
Absolutely incredible !

This book mixes all the good ingredients that make a thriller unforgettable. Mistrust, fear, guilt and a fight against time and against an unknown enemy.

Everybody is guilty. Everybody should die. And in order to survive, you have to decide who to kill. The only way out is to find who is behind all this. But how can you investigate when the person beside you's only wish is to kill you ?

The plot is captivating. The characters are well-developed. The atmosphere is really dark
Alexandria
So far pretty good a little similar to the whole Saws saga but I like where it is going.
Adriana
3.5/5 Stars

Ah, the ending got me again! I need to know what comes next!
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 2
  • Are You Alice? 1巻
  • Btooom! (#2)
  • Liar Game, Volume 1 (Liar Game, #1)
  • Cage of Eden 4
  • Highschool of the Dead, Band 2
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Another Omnibus
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)

Judge (6 books)