Asterix en de Intrigant (Asterix-Dargaud, #13)

Asterix en de Intrigant (Asterix #15)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  2,844 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Julius Caesar resorts to psychological warfare to defeat the little Gaulish village: he’s sent expert troublemaker Tortuous Convolulus to set friend against friend. Jealousy soon spreads as the Gauls become suspicious of each other. Somehow, Asterix must outwit the wily Convolulus.
Published 1970 by Dargaud (first published June 15th 1967)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix en de Intrigant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix en de Intrigant

David Sarkies
Real Politik in the Ancient World
28 September 2013

Ceaser is trying to raise more money and troops to go and fight some more foreign campaigns however is having some trouble with the Senate (don't we all?). Basically they don't want to approve any more wars until Ceaser gets Rome's house in order, which basically means subduing the rebellious village in Northern Gaul that we all know so well. However, as has become clear by now, because they have a magic potion, defeating them by shear force of...more
Steef
This has always been one of my favourite Asterix episodes. Most of the action takes place around the village, leaving lots of room for the storyline and dialogues. Psychological warfare at its finest.
Vanja Antonijevic
The sixtheenth volume, and one of my personal favorites. It is very witty and well written. In fact, for a comic strip, it is quite brilliant. The ugly, creepy looking guy is probably the best and most formidable oppononent the village faced.

And the Wiki summary starts:

"The resistance of the Gaulish village against the Romans causes friction between dictator Julius Caesar and the Roman Senate. With their Magic Potion which gives them superhuman strength and is known only to their druid Getafix,...more
Oliver
Those cunning Romans send an agent provocateur to the village to dominate the indomitable Gauls by spreading rumour and mischief. Everyone argues with everyone else resulting in copious fights and shouting matches. The camp Aquarium troops develop a cunning form of psychological warfare involving a large club. It culminates in the famous "Battle of the Village" with a four pronged attack and the accidental loss of a Pirate ship.
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Sneha
I loved this story! A Roman agent (very conveniently named Torturous) is sent to Gaul to divide the Gauls. He manages it wonderfully by spreading lies leading to many hilarious fights.
Murshidul
Confusion sets off in the Gaulish village when a cunning Roman agent is sent by Caesar. The story is full of laughter, entertainment, confusion, and ending with a fight of course. Loved it!
Veronica Molina
Saint No Stopping Us

Seven out of ten. CBR format.

Julius Caesar sends an expert troublemaker to defeat the Gauls by setting friend against friend. As the jealousy spreads Asterix must outwit the roman.

Norbert
Bellino, però secondo me è un poco ripetitivo, mancano le trovate geniali
Honza
Come on , It's a Asterix and Obelix adventure. They are all good.
Anna Rakhmawati
comme d'habitude, l'asterix et obelix sont drole. c'est bonne BD. J'aime ca! :)
Liliya
i want to read this book
Becca
Much better than the first Asterix book I read, which was a later book only written by one of the two authors. This had some great word puns and an excellent moral. I actually laughed out loud at the bit about the old Roman Senator Stradivarius: "And in the Roman Senate, old Senator Stradivarius is getting all strung up in his well modulated tones, calculated to rouse a crowd to fever pitch, he is settling an old score with Caesar..."
Carlostondok
Kerennn.
Seri yang paling "massive dari semua seri yang ada. Ceritanya si Roma mau ambil alih desanya Asterix, trus mereka mati2an lindungin dengan ramuan ajaibnya. Trus seluruh Roma bersatu buat ambil desanya.. berhasilkah???
Devero
Una delle mie avventure preferite di sempre: riuscirà il perfido Detritius a sconvolgere il villaggio gallico che sempre e comunque restiste all'invasore romano?
Detritius è veramente un villain raro, un manipolatore di prima grandezza, un seminatore di zizzania nato, la peggiore minaccia che Caio Giulio abbia mai mandato contro Asterix e Obelix.
Selena Defraises
I used to read Asterix comic books all the time when I was a kid. This was my favourite. I'm not quite sure why but I was so amazed when I realized that one person can make a difference. Even in a bad way. One person could split two best friends with just his words. Or even worse. This story definetely changed the way I saw things forever.
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Capolavoro. Ottima l’idea, bello il personaggio di Tullius Detritus (il seminatore di zizzania), ammirevole l’intreccio di intrighi in cui il villaggio resta impastoiato, efficacissima la resa della marea montante della zizzania – una presenza reale, incarnata nei balloon, orridi blob verdognoli che incombono sui personaggi… :-)
Natasha
The Romans decide the way to finally defeat the Gauls is to send in Tortuous Convolvulus, a man who could start a fight in an empty room, and it's not long before the villagers all turn against each other.

For the first time while reading an Asterix story I thought the Romans might actually win, just for a little while though!
Bruce
Asterix the Roman Agent – the denizens of our favorite village have to contend with an insidious new Roman tactician: a rumor-mongering, scandalous slanderer! A marvelous study of envy and petty jealousy.
Yves
Voilà un Astérix que j'aime beaucoup. C'est un de ceux qui m'a fait le plus rire jusqu'à présent. Le personnage de Détritus sème la zizanie partout sur son chemin, même chez les pirates qui détruisent leur propre bateau. Avec cette BD, on commence à connaître mieux les personnages secondaires et c'est une bonne chose.
Mariana
I've read most of Asterix's books and I love them, but this book has something that makes me love it more than the others. Maybe it's because the plot it's (a little bit) more interesting than in the other books or maybe it's 'cause I thought the Romans were really going to win this time.
Brett James
There is no way to properly enjoy this book as an adult, but I give it my best shot every couple of years or so. I could probably write the exact same review for each of the Asterix books: reading stuff like this when I was younger is what made my brain the way it is.
Sunflower
Read this one for a reading challenge. Can't remember if I had seen this one before, but like the others, the chief souce of amusement for me is not the story but the funny little touches in the background, and the pseudo-Romanisation of all sorts of words and names.
Mathieu
Je l'adore celui-là !

Le personnage de Détritus (tout un programme), est délicieusement nauséabond. Et la pigmentation en vert de plus en plus foncé des phylactères dont le contenu est dicté par la colère est une très bonne idée.
Derek Baldwin
One of the greats... a wily Roman spy almost succeeds in creating Civil War among the indomitable Gauls. If memory serves the agent looks a little like Nicholas Sarkozy, which might be a rather spooky premonition. But probably not.
Robbie
Dieses Buch is sicher eine echt interessante Lektüre, so wie alle die Asterix-Bücher. Als Deutschlerner finde ich Asterix sehr nützlich bei meinem Studium, weil die Sätze normalerweise kurz sind und das Vokabular nicht so schwer ist.
Federiken Masters
Creo que este tomo de Asterix es uno de los que gozan del síndrome buen vino. Y aunque no tomo el vino, la frase de "mejora con los años" me viene bárbaro para esta joyita en historieta sobre la comunicación humana, así que la uso igual.
Fi °♥° LoveMoonStars
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • The Castafiore Emerald (Tintin, #21)
  • Dalton City (Lucky Luke Adventure, vol. 3)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1) Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)