Start by marking “The Angel Hunter” as Want to Read:
The Angel Hunter

The Angel Hunter

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  15 reviews

"In a Godless world where angels are evil, who would you pray to for help?"

Lucile is a devout Catholic women who prays regularly for God's help in finding her missing cousin, David, who has likely skipped town on a whim. After accepting help from a stranger, Lucile thinks her prayers have been answered. Unfortunately, she is far from the truth. Lucile is about to be swept

Published July 1st 2011 by iUniverse.com

To ask other readers questions about The Angel Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel Hunter

Scott Collins
The Angel Hunter is the story of a woman who joins mankind's fight against the supernatural. Pulled into the battle while searching for her cousin, Lucile struggles with the idea that angels, and God, may not be what she previously thought. Her convictions are tested at every turn as she continues her search, overcoming both earthly and supernatural obstacles.

The hierarchy of the angels confused me at times, but otherwise, I found the book to be well written. I liked the characters and thought t
Jacquie Talento
I won this book thru a LibraryThing contest and really enjoyed reading it.
The story is about Lucile who is trying to find her cousin David that has chosen the wrong road to go down. He’s into drugs and drinking and she’s praying God will save him and set him in the right direction. What she doesn’t expect is her questioning of God’s ways and the angels that have come to attack. Thru vigorous training, she learns what she must do to defeat the angels that are out to stop her.
This was a very good
E. VanZwoll
(Don't blink! Oh wait... wrong angels...)

What if God was evil? Or what if God isn't even there? Either way, the Angels have control over the earth and seem to be allowing the horrors of murder, child molestation, spousal abuse, and more to proceed without even trying to stop. In fact, in the past, your memory may have been wiped to keep you from remembering that you saw an Angel... or it might be wiped after reading this review. The Angels don't want the truth to come out.

But what IS the truth?
Brenna
The Angel Hunter by Jerrod Begora follows Lucile in her search to find her cousin after meeting up with people who claim angels are after her and that God is not who she thinks He is.

I felt the beginning of the book was a little long winded with the conversations between characters and a little distracting trying to figure out who was who. The plot line moved very slowly for me in the beginning. It was, also, a little unbelievable that Lucile would be so naïve as to get into a car with someone
Debi
This is proof positive that publishing isn't what it used to be. Apparently anyone can get published. This is horrible. I kept reading so I could be confident in my review.
McKenzie Richardson
This was such a cool book. It is fast-paced and always keeps you on your toes. You don't know who to trust. You don't know if God exists and whether he's good or bad. There are twists and turns all along the way.

Having said that, my one critique of the book is that you never know what is going on. The mystery of it is intriguing at first, but after a while I just really wanted to know what the story even was. I liked following Lucile's story because you were able to pick up things as she learne
E.A.
I won this book as a First Reads from Goodreads. The blurb interested me though I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. The book is really well written. I wasn't distracted by the writing style and was drawn in fairly quickly by the characters. I really liked Lucille and her care for her cousin, David. The story is about Lucille who is worried about her cousin. He has been gone for three months and no one seems to know, or even care, where he is. While she is in church praying for him, she meets A ...more
Pygmy
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. The cover could use some serious design help, and the summary sounds like it could be pretty sacriligious the way the tv show Supernatural took Christianity and turned it on its head, but what the heck. I get random books I would never try out otherwise, in the mail, for free! It's the awesomest thing. Will review when I get the chance to read this.

ETA:

Egads, perhaps I spoke too soon. I read the first chapter, and the main character is
Erika
I won this from Goodreads First Reads!!!

This book was pretty good the only thing that I did not like was the religious veiws because i really don't like reading about religion. Other than that this book was very good and it was very well written. I really liked how original this book was.

This book is about a gril named Lucile who is a Catholic and her cousin goes misssing. So she prays to god to send her cousin back. One day she is doing just that and some guy comes up behind her. She soon find
Janet
this book was very unusual, the story was very good and I really liked the ending which helped me to really put the book into perspective.
Alisia
I found this book to be quite entertaining and I liked it a lot. I like how the author took this fictional book and made you question whether God is: good, evil, or even real. The characters weren't bad, and I liked the humor in it. I would recommend this to anyone who is willing to take a chance on this book. Good read and I would like to see more about it. I just didn't like how it ended though, but still a good book!
Mike
I received this book from the author while I was at c2e2. it has taking me awhile to actually read it because of hecktic schedule. I would always notice on my table waiting to be read. Seemingly never a priority. But I picked it up the other day and started reading it and WOW! I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THIS BOOK! I recommend it highly. it is well worth your time to read this book. Great job writing this Jerrod Begora
Christine
This is not usually my genre, but I am very proud to say this book was written by a dear friend. Awesome job, Jerrod, I look forward to the sequels!
Dalibor
Pretty solid read. I like that you have to figure out what's going on with Lucille, and you really get the feeling of her memory being gone.
Virginia
I look forward to sequels.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Nyctasia Fitton
Nyctasia Fitton marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Mary Pat
Mary Pat marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Dwayne Wojtowicz
Dwayne Wojtowicz marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Nov 18, 2014
Robert Zimmermann
Robert Zimmermann marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Justine Snyder
Justine Snyder marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Tracy Piccolo
Tracy Piccolo marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Is this book blaspheme? 2 8 Mar 07, 2012 09:31PM
  • A Far Away Home
  • Shaman's Blood
  • Debris Dreams
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (The HellandBack Kids, #1)
  • Forex Frontiers "The Essentials of Currency Trading"
  • Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress (The Stregoni Sequence #1)
  • Shadowed Souls (Shadowed Souls, #1)
  • Minnie McClary Speaks Her Mind
  • Blood of Eden
  • There Goes the Galaxy
  • Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)
  • Obsessed: Erotic Romance for Women
  • Ariel
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • Days' End
  • Rendezvous Rock
  • Uncle John's Ultimate Bathroom Reader: It's the 8th Bathroom Reader!
  • The Race to the New World: Christopher Columbus, John Cabot, and a Lost History of Discovery
The Blood Between Us Andrew's Journal : Part 1 (The Angel Hunter) The Case of the Missing Cat Andrew's Journal: Part 1