Start by marking “The Case of the Cat's Meow” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Cat's Meow

The Case of the Cat's Meow

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The four members of the Private Eyes Club—Skinny, Wizard, Snitch, and Tubby—solve the baffling case of the missing cat.
Published October 25th 1978 by HarperCollins (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Cat's Meow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Cat's Meow

C.
This is a nice adventure for a toddler. It has a strong urban flavour of houses with ample yards for families. "The Case Of The Cat's Meow" always reminded me of that old television cartoon called "Fat Albert", with a friendly, creative gang of neighbourhood children in varied shapes and sizes. Bill Cosby voiced the whole cast about twenty-five years ago.

This book with vivacious images, was a gift for my 6th birthday. It is argumentative and feisty, not the fuzziest toddler story. I suppose I ke
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Annie
Author: Crosby Bonsall
Genre: Mystery
Interest Level: K-2
Grade Level Equivalent: 2.7
Lexile: 310L

This book was written in 1965 so some things are slightly odd - for instance, there is a fat character named Tubby, and something about the illustration of the black boy strikes me as possibly racist, but that might just be my imagination. Written in very simple language, this is the story of four friends who try to find one boy's pet cat after it goes missing. They notice that the cat has
babyhippoface
Snitch is worried his cat, Mildred, might get stolen, so he hides her in the gang's clubhouse. Snitch's brother, Wizard, tells him nobody would steal Mildred in the first place, but even if they did try, they wouldn't get away with it. After all, he and his buddies--Skinny & Tubby--are private eyes with a clubhouse that's alarmed with a special water-bucket-alarm.

Despite what Wizard says, Snitch wakes up the next morning to find Mildred gone. He's certain someone has stolen her, and the gan
Edward Creter
Our amateur private eyes are searching for their missing cat--and wait till they do find her. Cute cute cute!
Michelle
The kids enjoyed this book.
Dolly
Dec 16, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: 2007, childrens, mystery
This is a cute story, about a cat who disappears and the kids who work together to find her. Our girls really enjoyed this story, especially the surprise ending.
Maria
Sweet little story about four boys who go looking for a lost cat.
John Yelverton
This book couldn't even be qualified as cute. It was just plain bad.
Partridge Public
Bonsall, Crosby K-1st
Cws
May 18, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Bon
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Anna H
Anna H added it
Jan 30, 2015
Julian
Julian marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Emily Tan
Emily Tan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Serenity
Serenity marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Mogomotsi Seemule
Mogomotsi Seemule marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Donna Livingston
Donna Livingston marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Although Bonsall studied at New York University School of Architecture and the American School of Design, she is most known for her children's books.

Her career as a children's author started as a doodle on her drawing board. Later, a doll manufacturer purchased the rights to her orange-haired, freckle-faced rag doll who later became a character in her first book, The Surprise Party.

Bonsall died in
More about Crosby Bonsall...
Who's a Pest? And I Mean It, Stanley Mine's the Best The Case of the Hungry Stranger (I Can Read Books) Piggle