Start by marking “Dead Surround (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Surround (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, #2)

Dead Surround (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles #2)

Julia Poe escapes from the politics of Downtown Los Angeles after helping rescue 200 human cattle from blood farms. Enraging master vampires throughout the city, Poe's two-year freedom is cut short when she becomes the second most wanted person in the land right behind Kaleb Sainvire, an unfailing idealist and the elusive love of her life. She is once again forced to take ...more
ebook
Published June 2011 by Virtualbookworm.com Publishing, Incorporated (first published April 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Surround, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Surround

mrsj
Sep 03, 2011 mrsj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Every single page is a page turner!
Ms Rono injected humour and heart wrenching scene in this book.
The whole new adventure and events for this book is intriguing, funny and heart breaking.
It was unexpected and in my opinion, just plain cruel.
Have some kleenex near you as you read on.

It has been 2 years since Julia Poe rescued the largest human cattle from the blood farm and that makes her public enemy number 2 behind the Master Vampire, Kaleb Sainvire.

Poe is growing up in o
Cecilia
Aug 15, 2011 Cecilia rated it it was amazing
It's a shame this author doesn't get enough recognition. This has to be one of the best urban fantasy/paranormals out there! Poe is like the Ellen Ripley of vampire slayers! I love that it takes place in Los Angeles, especially since I live here and well between the funny parts, the action and the love it's a great story! Can't wait for book 3.
Kaza
Jun 25, 2011 Kaza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More people should know about this series, this is a great book. It's passionate, exciting and unpredictable. I hope there are many more books to come from this author.
Suze
May 27, 2011 Suze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic book. Julia Poe burrows her way into your heart and does not leave. She is the perfect heroine and female lead. Her insecurities make her more human than most regular characters. After reading Hard Bitten with a seemingly perfect female lead, who always says and does the right thing, Julia Poe is a refreshing reminder of reality (as odd as that sounds).
Kara-karina
Jun 02, 2013 Kara-karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've already raved about the first book in the series. This one is just as good.
Action packed, mind-blowingly crazy, bloody and gritty dystopian urban fantasy. Not for weak in the stomach. Very strong, paranoid, unique and stubborn heroine, causing a deep feeling of sympathy in a reader. Non-stop action. Similar to: The Immortal Rules, Vampire Miami and Rhiannon's Law.
Betsy
What a great book. Julia Poe is an amazing heroine and as in these dystopian fantasies that I seem to love love love, I admire her strength and vulnerability. I continue to be stunned by her ability to survive and evolve. I am equally stunned by the author's ability to write a character so unbelievably strong and courageous and yet so fragile and relatable. Julia Poe breaks my heart again and again and yet you love her and admire her so much. I cannot wait for book three.
Edwina Spencer
Edwina Spencer marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Abbie
Abbie rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
jai (*miss unsociable*)
jai (*miss unsociable*) marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Lillium
Lillium rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Michal
Michal marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Doras K
Doras K marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 19, 2016
Celina
Celina marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Abbie
Abbie rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Labree Hans
Labree Hans rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Meg Wilson
Meg Wilson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Laranna Knight
Laranna Knight marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Dax
Dax rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
askani
askani marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • Bellewood Book One: Give Us This Day (Volume 1)
  • Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance, #4)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • Ember and Ash
  • Highlander's Bride (Heart of the Highlander, #1)
  • The Widow's Daughter: A Novel
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Red
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
  • The Night that Changed Everything
  • Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1)
  • The Nasty Vamp
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
Celis T. Rono studied English and Sociology. She is a voracious reader of American Literature and is a movie buff. This is her first novel. She is currently working on the sequel to That Which Bites. Celis lives in downtown Los Angeles.
More about Celis T. Rono...

Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles (3 books)
  • That Which Bites (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Tomorrow's Dead (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles #3)