Entangled

Entangled

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Ghosts, vampires, demons, and more! Entangled includes ten suspense-filled paranormal short stories from authors Cynthia Eden, Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Lori Brighton, Michelle Diener, Misty Evans, Nancy Haddock, Liz Kreger, Dale Mayer, and Michelle Miles, plus a Seven Deadly Sins novella by Allison Brennan.

Stacia Kane contributed the foreword. Formatting and cover art w...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 434 pages
Published September 7th 2011 by Authors4theCure

To ask other readers questions about Entangled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entangled

Larena
Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep
This one is part of her Mythos Academy series though readers reading this one really won’t feel lost if they haven’t read the other books in the series. Based on the myths and gods and goddess it is story that is different and fun to read.

The Fat Cat by Edie Ramer
This story gives new meaning to witches and their love of cats though the cat in this story is anything but a typical cat and has a personality that makes this story very entertaining. Tory is the witc...more
Melindeeloo
Saw this one on Cynthia Eden's newletter and it's for a good cause, the proceeds from this collection of Halloween themed stories benefits Breast Cancer Research.

I only recognize a handful of the contributors but among the authors that were new to me, I found a couple who will have me hunting down other books related to their offerings here.

Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep - It's time for trick or treating at the Mythos Academy - This is a YA offering, and I was bummed that the heroine didn't g...more
So, I Read This Book Today
Aug 11, 2013 So, I Read This Book Today added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Nancy Haddock
Entangled: An Anthology To Benefit
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Sometimes it amazes me.

entangled
Your purchase helps fund Breast Cancer Research.
Please click the cover to purchase!!!!!

With all that is bad with this world, that some people can be so generous, giving and kind. That is what happened here, as this wonderful group of authors gave generously of their time to write this group of amazing shorts, especially to benefit the Beast Cancer Research Foundation.

As a survivor myself of a...more
WildAboutBones
This is a Halloween anthology of short stories in the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genres with a single young adult urban fantasy short and an urban fantasy novella. I'll rate each individually.

I'm going to make a confession, I don't usually read Forewords {gasp! I know!}, acknowledgements, dedications, yes. Forewords, no. Kudos to Stacia Kane for a writing a Foreword that pulled me in, hook, line and sinker from the word go. "The other day I got involved in an online conversation with s...more
Misty
Aug 30, 2011 Misty rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
A little something for everyone. Suspense, romance, YA, historical...and lots of paranormal creatures. Plus, all the proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
Dark Faerie Tales
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This anthology is full of fabulous tales of assorted Halloween mischief. Plus, all proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which can always use the help.

The Review:

Stop right there. Did you read the synopsis? Well, let me reiterate; ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION. Take a chance and help out a GREAT cause. Believe me; they can use all the help they can get. And you win by getting great short stories out...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Like a great buffet, this anthology gives you the chance to taste a little bit of everything. Short and sweet, these stories did a good job drawing me in, setting the hook, and adding books to my to be read pile. While not every story in this anthology was a winner, there were enough great entries and variety to keep me eager to flip to the next page.

Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
I was really surprised when I read this anthology. It's rare for me to pick one of these up and like more than just one or two stories. But this had a really great collection of short stories. I got to read some stories from authors I've never read before and I love what I've read. Those authors have found their way onto my tbr list.There wasn't any that I hated, but there were some I loved and remember best out of all of them.

One, is Nancy Haddock's story. Phenomenal! My friends know how much...more
Julia

Witches and vampires, werewolves and demons, ENTANGLED canvasses a broad range of time periods and flavors. "Sian's Solution" shows star-crossed lovers in a future dystopia that pits humans against vampires, while "A Night of Forever" contrasts this with vampire romance in regency Englan...more
smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Reviewed by Tori

Ghosts, vampires, demons, and more! Entangled includes ten suspense-filled paranormal short stories from such best selling authors such as Cynthia Eden, Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Lori Brighton, Michelle Diener, Misty Evans, Nancy Haddock, Liz Kreger, Dale Mayer, and Michelle Miles, and Allison Brennan. Stacia Kane contributed the foreword. Formatting and cover art were also donated to the project by Lori Devoti and Laura Morrigan. (Goodreads)

All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer...more
Brenda
I bought the Entangled as soon as it was released but I wanted to wait until October when the book tour was over, and perhaps reach a few people who still hadn't heard about this amazing anthology. I loved the stories-all ten are worth buying on their own, so $2.99 is a bargain. Some of the authors were favorites, but others were new to me. That's the joy of an anthology. This one though is special for another reason; proceeds from the sales are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

B...more
Ronda
Another fabulous short, but sweet insight into Gwen. Here we now know that Gwen and Daphne are firm friends and obviously becoming closer. We also see that Logan is still there - with his side kick (I know, I know, it's his girlfriend but I don't like her ok!!)... but Gwen is slowly coming to terms with her changing life...

I look forward to the next book!
Laura the Highland Hussy
I bought this anthology because all the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

I only read Cynthia Eden's and Lori Brighton's stories.
I may finish this anthology up later, but both those stories were great.
sandsun331
For Lori Brighton's "A Night of Forever"
Stella
Review to be posted soon.
Blodeuedd Finland
Jennifer Estep –Halloween Frost
It’s Halloween at Mythos Academy, but Gwen Frost and her friends are in for more tricks than treats when they run into a mythological monster intent on killing them.
This story is a short from her Mythos Academy world. I have not read book 1 and this story took place after that but I still could read and enjoy this story. I liked Gwen who is the heroine, we got to see her fight and we got to hear about her doomed crush. All which made me interested in this world.

Edi...more
Melissa
I decided to do a mini review of this book since the descriptions were so good at profiling all the stories within this book. This was an enjoyable anthology even though some of the author afterwords were a bit bittersweet since many of them knew of someone with breast cancer or cancer in general. I've always believed that the cure to one cancer will lead to others (and cures for other diseases as well), so I believe it is important to support these endeavors even if it isn't the type of cancer...more
Paranormal Haven
Nearly all of the stories in this book are based in, and around Halloween. The majority of them are urban with the acceptation of A Night of Forever by Lori Brighton, which is set in 1859. The majority of the stories feature characters from the authors’ others books. Sometimes this can mean the reader does not understand what is going on, or is unable to develop any bond to these characters. This was true for me in a couple of these stories (Allison Brennan’s Ghostly Justice, Jennifer Estep’s Ha...more
Beth Dawkins
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Entangled is a paranormal anthology containing 11 stories by authors: Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Nancy Haddock, Misty Evans, Dale Mayer, Cynthia Eden, Michelle Miles, Lori Brighton, Liz Kreger, Michelle Diener and Allison Brennan. Of these authors I’ve only read Cynthia Eden’s work before, so 10 of these authors are completely new to me though I have heard of Jennifer Estep and have her book Spider’s Bite coming up soon in my TBR List.

As far as I can tell the only stories in this anthology that...more
Niina
Seriously, what can I say? I love short paranormal suspense stories! And you can really beat the bunch line here all the proceeds go to the Cancer Foundation. :) No one can feel bad about buying this book. I really enjoyed all the stories, I loved the Halloween theme!

I feel like I'm so bad at reviewing anthologies - because a good anthology to me has stories in an order that makes sense to a reader, which Entangled has. But I find it hard to evaluate the stories on there own when there are many....more
Cynthia Armistead
I picked this anthology up because all proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which is a wonderful cause. Many of the authors' lives have been touched by cancer in one way or another, some first-hand. The volume is Halloween-themed, as well.

I don't believe I've read anything but short stories by any of these authors in the past except for Jennifer Estep, and I haven't read the Mythos Academy series in which her story is set. I'm more likely to read it now than I was before.

"Hallow...more
Diane ~Firefly~
This was a fairly strong anthology that gave me a few new authors to look into (Eden, Evens and Kreger) as well as a short from my favorite YA series. Plus the proceeds help breast cancer research, so you can't go wrong checking this out.

Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep - trick or treating Mythos Academy style!

The Fat Cat by Edie Ramer - a witch and her cat take on a man draining women. I disliked the ending (view spoiler)...more
Aurian Booklover

All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

S...more
Kerry
Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep 1 Star

I am so glad that I read this because I actually have a few books to this series sitting in my library to be read. And let me put it to you this way: I won't be reading them.
This was a disaster. I'm not sure how old the characters are, but shit, was this written for 10 year olds?
The love interest is due to hero worship for one, for two the heroine is delusional and kind of thinks like a stalker, and for three: it's another ridiculous "we can't be togethe...more
April
Entangled,a Paranormal Anthology by various paranormal authors is an exciting paranormal with various stories by various authors. In buying this anthology you have contributed funds to Breast Cancer Research Foundation,thanks to these generous author’s work.All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I would recommend this anthology to any and all paranormal readers. These authors have done outstanding work in their stories. While some of the stories are chapters some are complete...more
Marlene
This dual review was originally posted at Book Lovers Inc

Stella: When I asked for Halloween read recommendations Marlene was quick to name the Entangled anthology, and when we started discussing it we thought why not make a special Halloween related dual review of it? Since it has more than 10 stories we thought reviewing the whole anthology would be way too long, so we decided for each of us to pick 2 stories and give you our thoughts on them.

Stella: I think it isn't a big surprise to those who...more
Darcy
This review is based only on the following stories:

Jennifer Estep - This short was set in the Mythos Academy. I loved how blase Gwen was about Halloween, more interested in the treats that the costume and other goodies that they got. It didn't surprise me that trouble seemed to find Gwen and that she handily took care of it, too bad about the lost treats though.

Cynthia Eden - This short seemed like it would easily fit in her shifter series set in New Orleans. I did like Julian and felt sorry for...more
Sobia
Okay, so this is an incomplete review....well okay, it's only a review of Cynthia Eden's story, because that's the main reason I bought this anthology....well that and the proceeds are all for the breast cancer research fund....

So as long as you keep in mind this is a SHORT story, you'll enjoy it... Obviously things can't be drawn out, so the pace is pretty fast, and what little we got re: the characters made me think I'd like 'em....the only downside really is that now I'm even more antsy for m...more
Lauren
A delightful anthology. I had read books npby only one author included in this anthology before picking up Entangled. In fact I purchased it because of the Allison Brennan novella. Now I want to read the books by all the other authors. Some of the stories seem to be jumping off points pr continuation points for other series, but when I looked at the author pages there were no other related stories to the ones included in the anthology. This makes me sad. I hope they continue the stories they inc...more
Romance Readers R...: [Buddy Read] Entangled 3 19 Oct 07, 2011 12:21PM
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • First Frost (Mythos Academy, #0.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous, #1)
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Bewere the Night
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • The Urban Fantasy Anthology
  • A Girl's Guide to Guns and Monsters
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch Novella, #1)
  • The Naughty List
I'm funnier on the page than in real life. A multiple award-winning writer, I write stories with heart, attitude, and magic. I live in southeastern Wisconsin with my husband, dog and cat.

In addition to my Miracle Interrupted series, I'm published in paranormal and sci fi romance, plus a humorous mystery. I co-edited ENTANGLED, A PARANORMAL ANTHOLOGY, with all the proceeds going to cancer research....more
More about Edie Ramer...
Hearts in Motion (Rescued Hearts, #1) Dead People (Haunted Hearts, #1) Dragon Blues Cattitude Stardust Miracle (Miracle Interrupted, #2)