Start by marking “One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)” as Want to Read:
One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)

One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys #4)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,854 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
All it takes is one night to change a cowboy’s life…

Published August 7th 2012 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about One Night Rodeo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night Rodeo

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
22nd out of 622 books — 704 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
269th out of 2,456 books — 15,863 voters

More lists with this book...

Karla

5 Plus-Big Buckin’ Stars!! One Night Rodeo comes out of the gate fast and will take you on a ride you won’t soon forget!! This is Lorelei James at her best! Hot cowboy lovin’ and a story that will make you melt!

Woohoo…this was a good one! I loved everything about this book! Kyle and Cele were made for each other. They were two halves of a whole, so in tune with one another, of the same mind, one heart, one soul, they were meant to be together!! Kyle is raunchy, sexy, sensitive, protective, swee
Wminbc
The rodeo boys

description

My status updates say a lot more than my review would...I really loved Celia and I wanted her to have the HEA that she deserved. And, when I say that, I wanted her to have a cowboy worthy of her and not some used up dick head that banged her sister in law for an entire summer!

Whewwww...that off my chest. I loved Kyle and Celia together. He had much to atone for and he did his penance!

I still dislike Lainie (more than ever actually)...I puked in my mouth a bit when she tried to impa
Auntee
Aug 16, 2012 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic cowboy romance
Do you ever get so immersed in a book, have so much fun/enjoyment reading it, that you deliberately slow down just when you're nearing the end so you can savor it? That's what I found myself doing with Lorelei James's latest in her Blacktop Cowboys series. I couldn't put the book down, yet I forced myself to because I didn't want it to end! This was one of--no, make that the best erotic romance I've read all year! I have absolutely no complaints about this one--everything was sheer perfection. A ...more
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
Oh Kyle, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. You are the definition of a rough and tumble cowboy but, with a sweet side that gives me a toothache. I wanted nothing more than to curl up next to you and have you whisper those hot nasty words in my ear (and some of that sweet stuff too). But, alas, you are in love with another and for that I can't fault you. Celia is your perfect match. She is the woman that will round up cattle, help you in the freezing cold until she can't feel her face an ...more
Kathleen
Aug 21, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

This book was an amazingly sweet and HOT read. Once again Lorelei takes a simple story line and makes it such an interesting read that it just flows and keeps us reader's completely hooked. The characters were fantastic and I loved and laughed at some of the things the H&h did in their past. The hero Kyle was a very sexy cowboy who had a very romantic streak that made this book sigh wo
Niki
Aug 09, 2012 Niki rated it it was amazing
**TINY SPOILER**There are some books or series that stick with you long after you've read them and then there are some that fall short of even remembering whether you read them or not. Well, it's easy to tell you where this one falls. UNFREAKINFORGETABLE!!! I love all the series by Lorelei James but there is just something about the Blacktop Cowboys that spoke to me on levels I can't explain. I love all the guys in it but Kyle has always been my soft spot in this series so to finally read his st ...more
Splage
Aug 28, 2012 Splage rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Another great addition. This was much sweeter and calmer than some of the past stories I have read from author Lorelei James, yet still spectacular with sex scenes that burn your retinas. The characters just seemed so normal, they worked together to build a future and run a ranch and it was hard work both in physical labor and developing their intense feeling for each other. If you like the series, you won't be disappointed.
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
4.5 Stars. I'd have given it 5 if we has gotten to see the planned ending. I loved a lot about this book. That Kyle wasn't afraid to be vulnerable with Celia. It didn't take away from him being an Alpha Male at all. How he apologized without prompting when he was an ass. That Kyle adored and respected Celia in the best possible way. I loved that Celia never made Kyle fell "less than" for not knowing how to be a cattleman. I love that she exploded sexually with him because she trusted him so much ...more
Jess
Aug 15, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

Celia stared at Kyle lounging on the bed, admiring his wedding ring. “Wrong. We are not going to Wyoming. We are marching down to that wedding chapel right now, telling them it was a mistake, and getting an annulment.”

“No.”

“No? I had a fucking head injury yesterday! You cannot believe for one second I was in my right mind when I agreed to marry you!”

“You signed the papers. With little hearts by our names, if memory serves. So some part of you wanted to
Jenn Scranton
Jan 10, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it liked it

One Night Rodeo is what I consider a "comfort book". Nothing wild and exciting happens, no major conflicts, just a real, believable budding relationship. A sort of boy grew up with girl, both were attracted to each other for years and never acted upon it, and then you add Vegas into the mix....

Yup. Quicky Vegas chapel wedding brought Kyle and Celia together.

I have to admit, One Night Rodeo was not what I expected. I expected a high-octane, wilder than any eight second ride situation. That is

Carisa
This was a nice read, well written, but average. It also had one of my pet peeves -when the conflict arises because the hero or heroine assumes the worst before it happens and acts on it instead of communicating.
HERO is a Performer, cocky, competitive, and has been pining for his best friend’s sister for a long time. After a drunken marriage in Vegas, he strikes a deal with her to help him run the ranch he’s just inherited, and plans to use that time to convince her to stay with him.
SCENES/CONTE
Kellie G.
Aug 13, 2012 Kellie G. rated it it was amazing
Fantastic addition to this smokin series!! I really loved Kyle. He is the perfect mix of tough, sexy cowboy and vulnerable, sweet man. He and Celia are great together, like the other couples in this series they had great chemistry. I hope Lorelei James has more books planned. I'd love for Tobin to get his own book.
P.A. Lupton
Aug 09, 2012 P.A. Lupton rated it it was amazing

Loralei James has done it again. One Night Rodeo was awesome!

Feels like I’ve been waiting for Kyle’s story forever, and it was worth the wait. Kyle is my favorite Blacktop Cowboy so far: Sexy and rugged blended perfectly with sweet and romantic. He couldn’t get any more perfect. Not to say he doesn’t make some mistakes. Sometimes he’s a downright bonehead, but I love that he recognizes he’s made a mistake and is willing to apologize—and boy howdy can the man apologize. He had me almost wishing h
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Aug 07, 2012 Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
DiDi's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

There’s a thin line between love and hate……or is it lust and hate?

Even as kids Kyle and Celia seem to rub each other the wrong way, arguing and fighting has always been their MO. They live and breathe to butt heads. So imagine the shock when Celia wakes up the morning after a fun filled and very drunken night in Vegas only to realize they also rub each other in all the right ways, and that’s not all, now they’re……married.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Veg
The BookChick
My Rating:

Book Description:
All it takes is one night to change a cowboy’s life… Barrel racer Celia Lawson knows better than to tangle with bull rider Kyle Gilchrist. The sexy cowboy’s love ‘em and leave ‘em ways have earned him a reputation on the rodeo circuit, and he’s always seen her as his best friend’s kid sister. But after one wild, tequila-fueled night, Celia wakes up to find out she’s gotten herself hitched—to a man she never should have married! When Celia insists on an annulment, Kyle
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I have two confessions to make. First, I've been in love with Kyle Gilchrist since I first read Corralled. I guess that had a lot to do with the fact that I saw him as the bad boy in the series. Rough, raw and dirty. And second, I think I may have had a crush on Celia Lawson for almost as long. She's the type of heroine I love to read about!

Of course I've wanted them to have a book since the ending of book one and now here they are. I think I may say th
StellaR
**SWOON WORTHY~HEART WARMING~PANTY MELTING COWBOY ROMANCE**

I can't get enough of Kyle Gilchrist! Lorelei James must love this character very much, she wrote one of the most fantastic man ever. Thanks LJ for writing Kyle and Celia's story. These two deserved their own HEA.

Despite my apparent love for Kyle, this is seriously a great story. A childhood friends turn lovers kind of story and while it's sweet it's not saccharine or sickening sweet. What I really love is how this kind of erotic romance
AղցҽӀɑ W.
Spoiler Alert Read at your own Risk
This was a really good book and I love reading Ms. James's books. Barrel racer Celia Lawson knows that rider Kyle Gilchrist is the love'em and leave'em type in other words he is a manwhore of the rodeo circuit. He is also her brother's best friend and they grew up together and they didn't get along as kids. After a night of drinking she wakes up in Vegas to find that she is married to the man when she insists on an annulment Kyle knows that he should say no bu
Eileen
Aug 11, 2012 Eileen rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys
Kyle and Celia's story turned out to be a sweet ending for two very argumentative characters that have been popping up in the last 3 books. I'm glad to see their different sides of themselves to see that they was more to them. Its funny that their friends saw more to their relationship than their family. The story had their ups and downs of their growing relationship because Kyle had to depend on Celia for ranching knowledge and put aside his pride. I bet it was tough to set aside his pride and ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Aug 09, 2012 t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: PA has been a cheerleader for LJ and introduced me to this wonderful author
Lorelei James stays on the bull for the full 8 minutes in this dynamic Cowboy Romance. She never lets you down!

Description:

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
One Night Rodeo Review – FIVE STARS

In the blink of an eye Celia Lawson and Kyle Gilchrist’s lives changed forever. After a fuelled night of Alcohol and pain medication, Celia wakes up to find herself hitched to her lifelong pain in the arse friend, Kyle. Celia immediately demands an annulment, but Kyle just can’t bring himself to agree, not when his been harbouring secret feelings for Celia for the last two years. So when Kyle suddenly inherits a Wyoming Ranch Celia agrees to hang around to teac
Casey (KcLu)
Aug 08, 2012 Casey (KcLu) rated it it was amazing
I read One Night Rodeo basically at a marathon pase. Only reason I didn't finish the last 20% in that one sitting is because I couldn't sty awake anymore. This is quite possibly my favorite Lorelei James book.

What is there to say about Kyle, besides that is is the perfect character? He is not only tons of fun, but he is loving and beyond sweet. I absolutely loved the way he stood up to Celia's brothers for her. To go toe to toe with men that are your good friends was just amazing.

Celia is a wo
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Dec 26, 2013 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
A well-written tale of characters coming to know themselves and each other better.

This was a fun read and would serve as a stand-alone although characters from the earlier books do appear. They have little real effect on the storyline.

The only thing I truly did not like was the clueless-ness of the protagonists. At times I wanted to grab them by their throats and yell, "Would you just talk to each other already!"

I downgraded this from my rating of an erotic romance (based on the author's other
Jill (Embrace the Romance)
Aug 12, 2012 Jill (Embrace the Romance) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ride-em-cowboys
I'm so glad Kyle got his Happily Ever After! After reading Corralled I felt so bad for him. But now he's happy and in love! Who doesn't love reading about a sexy cowboy!

This book went beyond anything I had expected for this story. Kyle and Celia were so cute together. They made each other whole, complete. It had the right amount of agnst, love and sexy lovin'. Everything I love in a book.

I hope this isn't the end of the series but if it is this was a great end!
MountainKat
Loved this book! Sometimes a book just works for you on every level - you love the characters, you love the story, you love the way it makes you feel while you are reading it - this book was like that for me! Watching Celia and Kyle work their way through their history and coming to terms with being in love with each other was wonderful. I'm so glad this one bubbled up the TBR mountain for me!!
Debbie (Doc)
4.5 Stars rounded to 5

Growing up, Kyle and Celia were always fighting and bantering each other. One would think that these two hated each other. Imagine their surprise, when they had a drunken night in Vegas and work up married. Celia was ready to request an annulment, but Kyle offered her a compromise.

Both were looking for a home to call their own. While Celia left her family ranch to barrel race, Kyle was on the circuit as a bull rider. Just Kyle’s lucky day, he inherited a ranch and a substa
Cheri
Feb 06, 2016 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have adored Kyle since the beginning of this series and I'm so glad he got his HEA. There were so many things about his HEA having to do with Celia that could have turned icky. I think Lorelei James handled those things rather well. I especially like a little snippet about Celia's mom that is thrown in from one of the town ladies. It made it all seem okay for some reason.

I enjoyed the way the whole circle of friends accepted the relationship and gave her brothers hell for their reactions. It m
Divina
Oct 20, 2011 Divina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This book is now a favorite - what a great spicy romance - that only Ms. James can deliver! (Had the opportunity to view the cover early when Ms. James herself shared it with fans who attended the RT Convention 2012 in Chicago.)

I was hesitant to read the book when I found out that Kyle was going to be the male lead. How can the author make it all right after being introduced to Kyle Gilchrist in the book "Corralled"?? (view spoiler)
Mary
If you want to read great erotic romance, this is the James you should be reading....unlike a certain other *cough* E.L. *cough* But in all seriousness, this is what an erotic romance should be - a lot of hot, raunchy fun but also a lot of emotion and great characters. I loved Celia and Kyle. Great chemistry and they really seemed to challenge each other. I thought they were a great match.

I checked this out from the library. I know this is apparently #4 in the series, but it was the first one I
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Aug 08, 2012 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
Very sweet and touching love story between two people that have been at odds with each other since childhood. I think this is one of my favorite types of romances. When you take two people that that have been pulling pranks and giving the other a lot of grief for many years and find out that underneath it all there was a spark and very deep emotional connection.

Many people are judged based on past behaviors or preconceived notions. Kyle and Celia are both victims of this. Not just from there fri
Lorelei James Rom...: One Night Rodeo~Book Four 22 16 Aug 17, 2013 05:46AM
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • Flanked (Studs in Spurs #5)
  • Wild Rodeo Nights (Wilder Series, #2)
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Three's Company
  • Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1)
  • Texas Two Step (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #1)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...

Blacktop Cowboys (8 books)
  • Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys, #3)
  • Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5)
  • Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
  • Wrapped and Strapped (Blacktop Cowboys, #7)
  • Hang Tough (Blacktop Cowboys Novel, #8)

“They fight because there's more between them than they understand at their age.” 3 likes
“Marriage Rule Number One: She is you confidante. Confide in each other before all others, without, exception.

Marriage Rule Number Two: Don't be the tough guy with her. She's had enough of that in her life with the way her brothers raised her.

Marriage Rule Number Three: Don't withhold your emotions from her. I'm not talking about affections. Because emotions and affections are totally different things.”
3 likes