Start by marking “The Sheriff and the Innocent Housekeeper” as Want to Read:

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  2,133 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Historical Western Romance/Novella
Approximately 20,000 Words

When Becky Hamilton is orphaned at the tender age of fourteen, she comes to live with her aunt in Waco and begins work cooking and cleaning for the town’s brooding young sheriff. Mesmerized immediately with his raw masculinity and sinewy strength, her fascination turns to
Published August 10th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff and the Innocent Housekeeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff and the Innocent Housekeeper

Karla
May 14, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it

Loved it! This was a mix of Diana Palmer's old fashion and Alexa Riley's OTT alpha males with the deliciousness of Lynda chance! Oh my, I think I might get the vapors!!
This was a short novella with a hot possessive sheriff and a virgin sweet housekeeper. As usual with this short stories it was to the point with minimal angst but so dam sexy and hot. It was an enjoyable read!
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Blah, this book was BORING. I didn't feel any passion between Jake and Becky AT ALL. Jake was an ass to be honest. Not to mentioned it skeeved me out that he visited the whorehouse twice a week for the whole three years he knew her, AND she knew that is what he was doing.

Nothing says love and romance like banging whores twice a week...

description
Chantal ❤️
This was a sweet story that had a little instant-lust-love thing happening. She was always in love with him but he took his sweet time recognizing the fact that she was growing up and needed to claim her before she married another. She is his housekeeper and he takes it for granted that she will be there and when she tell him she needs to move to help her aunt with her financial difficulties. He was having none of that!!! She was his and he was claiming her. Ahhhhh sweet in those days. Now not s ...more
♡Tonya♡
Very short read. At 14, Becky moved to Texas to live with her aunt after her parents died. She went to work for the town Sheriff, Jake. At first Jake barely noticed her since she was so young. When she got older that was another story.
JG
'He had to have her. She was his. And nobody would take her from him'.

First let me say that the title is RIDICULOUS!; but thank heavens the story isn't.
Pack with sexual tension that's thick enough to take my breath away, this book quickly became one of my favorite novellas. The heroine is a 17 year old woman and our hero is 28- ruggedly handsome and the town's sheriff.

Jake lifted his head. "Open your eyes." Her eyes blinked, then opened. "You're mine. Understand? From this day forward, you be
Judy Traband
Feb 14, 2013 Judy Traband rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story... wish it was a little longer, but worth the read. I'm not into western's, but I did like this one. Totally fell in love with Jake Cooper. I love the stories where the boy SLOWLY realizes he's in love with the girl. Becky has many chances to be with the 'rich boy'... aka Kyle Bolton, but makes a great choice to be with the lower income sheriff.

"How long Becky?"
"What?"
"Tell me sweetheart. I really want to know"
"What do you want to know?"
"Tell me how long you've wanted me"
"
Judith
Jan 16, 2012 Judith rated it really liked it
I rarely give more than 4 stars for a novella as I don't think the brevity of the format allows for good development of story and characters. This novella, however, is better than most. It brings together a hardened Western sheriff who has been alone for a long time and one who needs little in the way of domestic comforts. The young and innocent girl who cleans his house and leaves an evening meal for him has been a quiet but persistent presence in his life for several years. When she comes of a ...more
Yona
Oct 01, 2014 Yona rated it really liked it
One very short, but very enjoyable story.
Julia
"Open your eyes." Her eyes blinked, then opened. "You're mine. Understand? From this day forward, you belong to me. All that sweetness is mine." His voice was deep, melting her insides and flowing through her veins.

This was my first Lynda Chance novella and I really enjoyed it! It reminded me a bit of the Alexa Riley/Fiona Davenport stories.

The story was sweet and sexy. Orphaned Becky has been living with her aunt for the last three years and working as a housekeeper for the local sheriff. Thin
Jacqueline
Some times short stories blow you away and sometimes they don't. This one didn't. I generally love this author and her OTT jealous heroes. This one though just didn't do it for me. It lacked tension and conflict. I mean the potential was there to have something happen concerning the other man that wanted her, some kidnapping or something that the hero had to rescue her from but no. The major conflict if you want to call it that was that the hero thought she was too young to marry and that he cou ...more
Aayesha Khatri
This book was such a sweet, adorable book! It was pure cotton-candy fluff, the kind you feel warm and fuzzy inside while reading.

The heroine was so adorable that, like Jenny says, I felt like picking her up and putting her in my pocket. The hero was intense and brooding and sexy, and the chemistry between the two was explosive. I loved seeing his struggle to keep away from his housekeeper, and I loved the fact that she was in love with him.

I read it a couple of years ago, but a reread is definit
Jenny
Aug 07, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy
Loved this book! Becky was the cutest heroine. She was funny, kind, and a complete optimist. Jake was the hot brooding sheriff who just couldn't resist his sweet innocent housekeeper. The chemistry between them was combustible. Sexy and intense read!
Isabella
Mar 31, 2014 Isabella rated it liked it
Short, sweet, and straightforward.
Amel Armeliana
May 15, 2012 Amel Armeliana rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I read this book last night and finished it instantly. I liked this story, it's kinda reminding me of an old manga series, Miriam (Oh, I love the manga, one of my favorite). The story is about Becky Hamilton, an orphan who fell in love with the sheriff where she works for. Jake Cooper is a 27 years old sheriff who's very handsome and has a very strong figures. Somehow he didn't understand how could he interested with a 14 years orphan girl that worked for him.

As time goes by, she grew up became
Vivian Hollidee
Jul 29, 2013 Vivian Hollidee rated it it was amazing
There is nothing more sexy than a man who wants to possess you as his own especially when the feeling is mutual, too.

Becky Hamilton had always wanted Sheriff Jake Cooper even at the tender age of fourteen. She enjoyed doing errands for him, cooking and cleaning his house. To her, that's the highlight of her day. But now that she's all grown up, everything gradually changed. Whenever they're in close proximity to each other, she would feel butterflies in her tummy. What makes it worse is Sheriff
Feb 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Lynda Chance is an author I stumbled across and I loved the first story so much I went and bought another. Her stories are well written with great characters and a pretty good plot. I would love to see her add a bit of action and suspense to her stories. Being that is my preferred genre I think Lynda would create amazing erotic romantic suspense stories. She already has the first two components down perfectly. If your looking for a quick read in erotic romance I would highly recommend this autho ...more
Roselle
Aug 29, 2016 Roselle rated it really liked it
The sheriff and the innocent housekeeper was exactly what I expected. Cute, short and adorable.
The way that Jacob loved her was so cute! His overprotective shiled was so cute!! No other words. Becky was really sweet from the words Lynda described.
This story was really what I needed because their happy ending made me smile.
I recommend this book to anyone that loves a sappy story or just wants a break from the outside world. Deffo worth a read!
Christine
This one lacked conflict, tension, and any angst. It was pretty straight forward.

The housekeeper falls for the sheriff that she works for. I thought there would be some conflict with the man that wanted to marry the heroine, but there was none.
Vampress Bathory
Jan 05, 2016 Vampress Bathory rated it really liked it
Sweet,very light and very short story to read in your lunch break. Highly enjoyable. Leaves you with a smile on your face.
Shelley Chastagner
Sweet and spicy. Terrific characters and story line. Another winner from Lynda Chance.
Highly recommended author
Adult read
Maggie Perez De Molina
Dec 03, 2016 Maggie Perez De Molina rated it really liked it
I love historical westerns and when they include sexy sheriffs, yes! A quick, short story that will leave you breathless and feeling warm all over. Great read!
Vivi 92
Jan 19, 2017 Vivi 92 rated it did not like it
Bad
Carla
Jan 17, 2017 Carla rated it really liked it
Short hot quick read!
I wish it was longer! It could have!!!!!
Donnow why Lynda Chance decided to make it such a quick read!!!
Lady Raven RAVE!
Becky moved to Waco, Texas to live with her aunt at the age of fourteen. To help her aunt more financially she began working for the town's sheriff, Jake. As time goes by and she gets older, her feelings are changing for Jake as well as his. Jake has recently started to look at Becky more of a woman than the fourteen year old girl that started housekeeping for him. Now that Jake's feelings have come into play and he is becoming jealous, he needs to do something before he loses Becky.

This was a c
Jennifer Guffey
Sep 23, 2014 Jennifer Guffey rated it really liked it
By: Lynda Chance
4/5 stars

Becky moved to Waco, Texas after the war to live with her spinster aunt, who runs a boarding house, after both of her parents died, at the age of 14. She began working for the sheriff, Jake Cooper, shortly after her arrival, keeping his house, preparing his meals, cleaning the house, doing dishes and cleaning up after him.

Becky has always been attracted to Jake and has loved working for him and taking care of his house over the las
Melisa
Jan 03, 2014 Melisa rated it liked it
Bagus, tapi terlalu singkat ceritanya. Tidak ada terlalu banyak konflik di dalam.

(view spoiler)
Rachel
Jan 13, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Awww that was sweet :)

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Another good short story from Lynda Chance! I don't think i'll ever get used to the whole 'Western' thing though. Especially how insanely innocent the women are about sex and even kissing! But it didn't take away from the story :) I really enjoyed it.

Here are a couple of quotes that made me smile..

"Does your face hurt?"
"Will you kiss it better for me?"

"I love you, Becky.
"Jake, I love you, too."

"I wish i could spoil you, Becky. But i'm afraid i've ju
Emmie
Sep 14, 2014 Emmie rated it really liked it
My review:

I enjoy the writing style of Ms Chance. She reminds me a lot of Kristen Ashley and Jordan Silver, but maybe her men are not as forceful. It was a good book and I loved the characters.

Synopsis:

Historical Romance/Novella/Approximately 20,000 words
When Becky Hamilton is orphaned at the tender age of fourteen, she comes to live with her aunt in Waco and begins work cooking and cleaning for the town's brooding young sheriff. Mesmerized immediately with his raw masculinity and sinewy strengt
Fernanda

uma historia curtinha, sem grandes caracterizações de personagens.
a autora, penso que so quiz dar algo para se ler num par de horas e ficarmos com uma sensação de estranheza de como se escreve algo assim e se "perde" tempo a ler algo assim.
independentemente disso, as duas estrelas não dizem que odiei mas que o tema a ser um pouco mais desenvolvido com uma maior atenção aos personagens a historia ficaria sem duvida mais aprazivel.

alem do titulo ser um pouco para o ridiculo a historia em si, é "de
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Cassandra by Chance
  • House of Mirrors
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Substitute Bride
  • Temporary Wife
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Amelia
  • Land of Dreams
  • Love's Legacy
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • Playing The Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
Always a fan of romantic fiction, I've always been in love with the alpha-male. So in love, I've never been quite satisfied with the restrictions of series romance. I like to get into a guy's mind and have him do or say exactly what he's feeling at the moment, and sometimes I shock even myself! I consider my stories soft erotica; one man, one woman, heterosexual. But since abiding love is always t ...more
More about Lynda Chance...

“You can't keep working here. It's not safe for you anymore." His words were flat, spoken as if they pained him. "Not safe?" Her eyes were glued to him, but there was no alarm for her safety in her voice.
"You're seventeen now, Becky." Irritation laced his words. His arms crossed in front of his chest. He leaned back against the table, one booted foot across the other. "You're not a young girl anymore. You can't keep coming here, being alone with me."
"You won't--you won't hurt me. You're the sheriff." Distress slid through her. She had to keep coming here. It was the only way she could see him every day. The only way she had of taking care of him, being with him. Her hands rubbed down her apron in turbulence. The sliding movement pulled her apron and dress down. The material of her bodice tightened next to the soft curves of her breasts. Her breathing was palpable.

"I didn't say I would hurt you, sweetheart.”
0 likes