Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set

Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set (Fjällbacka #1-3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  17 reviews

The first three crime thrillers from worldwide 10 million-copy bestseller Camilla Lackberg, ‘the hottest female writer in Sweden’(Independent).

The Ice Princess: The body of crime writer Erica Falck’s childhood friend is discovered, wrists slashed, in an ice cold bath. Was it murder or suicide? The investigation leads her to a community on the brink of tragedy.

The Preacher:

Paperback
Published August 8th 2011 by Book Events

To ask other readers questions about Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set

Rick Gillespie
After reading the Preacher, I went back to get the first in the series and have continued in sequence. The Swedes seem to put a lot more texture into the writing. You get to know the characters very well. No perfect superheros. Everyone has a flaw. Just like real people.
This is a series of great stories.
Maria
I have read the entire series, even the new one out in Swedish this week. To me Lackberg's writing is the equivalent of Ikea. Easy to read, but do not expect high quality. The tried and tested formula in all her books; old story combined with murder and characters relationships not really changing much.
Pauline
J'ai dévoré la série de Camilla Läckberg en moins de deux mois et j'ai été incapable de m'en détacher! L'auteur arrive à insuffler beaucoup de vie dans ses romans et dans ses personnages ce qui nous donnent l'impression de les connaitre. Ils sont comme nous, ils ne sont pas parfaits et ont tous leur problèmes : chaque personnage possède un vrai caractère qui lui est propre au fil des 5 livres.
Les meurtres et les enquêtes sont superbement bien combinés avec les histoires entre les héros ce qui pe...more
Beatrix L. B.
Enjoyed the book but as another reviewer stated it is like IKEA I agree easy to read but predictable
Carol
Having enjoyed other Nordic crime writers and having seen this author's works mentioned in many discussions, I would go ahead and try her books out, and read in succession the first 3 with no intervening others. I was not overly impressed with the characters or the stories altho the plots did improve slightly as the books progressed. There is a bit too much emphasis on the relationship, however stilted it is, between the detective and his wife, who essentially adds nothing to the plot. The third...more
Jenny Hayworth
So hard to put down, a brilliant writer, great story lines and characters that are believable and real. The writer has the ability to portray all different characters believably and with insight. Am so pleased the original Swedish was translated into English. She is now one of my favourite authors. The sort of books you stay up all night reading and can't wait to get home and pick up again!
Sherri
Sep 23, 2011 Sherri added it
This is one of the best books I've ever read!! The cool thing about the Stonecutter is the style Camilla writes in. She skips back and forth in time between two eras. It seemed a little odd at first, but I found that I looked forward to the switch to see what was going on in that "time" period. She ties everything together brilliantly, and although you have your suspicions about who the killer is, this book delivers on twists and turns, making you constantly re-evaluate and reconsider. I loved i...more
Jocelyn
Have just read The Ice Princess and will be reading the others.
Jennifer Donovan
The Stonecutter is a wonderful mystery.
Laurieconnelly
I've read the first 2 books and really enjoyed them. Great characters who are believable, compassionate and have a sense of humor. I would recommend them to anyone who likes mysteries.
Chani
Quickly read and quickly forgotten. The first volume is good, the second is a page-turner...the third one is rather poor.
Diane
Read The Preacher: not great. Scandinavian fascination with evil fundamentalist preachers is puzzling.
Beth
Couldn't put them down. As good at Steig Larsson trilogy.
Ksenija
easy to read, but dont expect too much.
Sharon
I read The Ice Princess".
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2014
Madeleine Bye
Madeleine Bye marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Stephen Carr
Stephen Carr marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Esther De boer
Esther De boer marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Dorianne
Dorianne marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...
The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2) The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5) Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3) Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)