Start by marking “Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set” as Want to Read:
Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set

Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set (Fjällbacka #1-3)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  504 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The first three crime thrillers from worldwide bestseller Camilla Läckberg.

The Ice Princess: The body of crime writer Erica Falck’s childhood friend is discovered, wrists slashed, in an ice cold bath. Was it murder or suicide? The investigation leads her to a community on the brink of tragedy.

The Preacher: Twenty years ago, two young women disappeared in Fjällbacka – now t
Published August 8th 2011 by Book Events

To ask other readers questions about Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patrik Hedström 3 Book Collection Set

Rick Gillespie
After reading the Preacher, I went back to get the first in the series and have continued in sequence. The Swedes seem to put a lot more texture into the writing. You get to know the characters very well. No perfect superheros. Everyone has a flaw. Just like real people.
This is a series of great stories.
I have read the entire series, even the new one out in Swedish this week. To me Lackberg's writing is the equivalent of Ikea. Easy to read, but do not expect high quality. The tried and tested formula in all her books; old story combined with murder and characters relationships not really changing much.
J'ai dévoré la série de Camilla Läckberg en moins de deux mois et j'ai été incapable de m'en détacher! L'auteur arrive à insuffler beaucoup de vie dans ses romans et dans ses personnages ce qui nous donnent l'impression de les connaitre. Ils sont comme nous, ils ne sont pas parfaits et ont tous leur problèmes : chaque personnage possède un vrai caractère qui lui est propre au fil des 5 livres.
Les meurtres et les enquêtes sont superbement bien combinés avec les histoires entre les héros ce qui pe
Jenny Hayworth
So hard to put down, a brilliant writer, great story lines and characters that are believable and real. The writer has the ability to portray all different characters believably and with insight. Am so pleased the original Swedish was translated into English. She is now one of my favourite authors. The sort of books you stay up all night reading and can't wait to get home and pick up again!
Having enjoyed other Nordic crime writers and having seen this author's works mentioned in many discussions, I would go ahead and try her books out, and read in succession the first 3 with no intervening others. I was not overly impressed with the characters or the stories altho the plots did improve slightly as the books progressed. There is a bit too much emphasis on the relationship, however stilted it is, between the detective and his wife, who essentially adds nothing to the plot. The third ...more
Tony Nielsen
The Ice Princess is one of Camilla Lackberg's earlier Erica Falck stories and was published in English in 2010. Erica is getting over the recent loss of her parents and has returned to Fjallbacka, living in the family home, and trying to get on with her writing assignments. Her childhood friend Alex is found dead in an ice cold bath with her wrists slashed, but it isn't murder. Although she and Alex hadn't maintained their early friendship Erica becomes obsessive about finding the truth behind A ...more
Very much to a pattern but a good one. Always one person in italics - the criminal. Then you have Erika's story intertwining with a crime that her partner is working on with the police. Erika is a biographer. Easy read that keeps you going.
Sep 23, 2011 Sherri added it
This is one of the best books I've ever read!! The cool thing about the Stonecutter is the style Camilla writes in. She skips back and forth in time between two eras. It seemed a little odd at first, but I found that I looked forward to the switch to see what was going on in that "time" period. She ties everything together brilliantly, and although you have your suspicions about who the killer is, this book delivers on twists and turns, making you constantly re-evaluate and reconsider. I loved i ...more
Christine Booth
I enjoyed reading The Ice Princess the first book of the series that I am buying all the other books from this series. This was a book picked to read in our own book club cannot wait to discuss.
I am reading these novels in order. Each novel has a stand alone crime, but it really helps to understand the characters' back stories. Protagonists are realistically drawn and engaging.
Have just read The Ice Princess and will be reading the others.
Jennifer Donovan
The Stonecutter is a wonderful mystery.
Love this crime series !!!
Bridget Martin
the ice princess
Ivana Pleše linić
I have read only The Ice Princess but it is really dissapointing.
The Stonecutter was the least favorite of this series so far but I still enjoyed it. Love watching the story of Erica and Patrick develop.
I've read the first 2 books and really enjoyed them. Great characters who are believable, compassionate and have a sense of humor. I would recommend them to anyone who likes mysteries.
Great first book in series. It did take awhile for me to get into it. I was listening & the names are Swedisb& hard to follow at first. Can't wait to get book 2.
Quickly read and quickly forgotten. The first volume is good, the second is a page-turner...the third one is rather poor.
Enjoyed the book but as another reviewer stated it is like IKEA I agree easy to read but predictable
Read The Preacher: not great. Scandinavian fascination with evil fundamentalist preachers is puzzling.
Couldn't put them down. As good at Steig Larsson trilogy.
easy to read, but dont expect too much.
I read The Ice Princess".
Christine Sullivan
Christine Sullivan marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Niki marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Victoria marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
  • Dear Vincent
  • Saree
  • Samurai Summer
  • Pojken som slutade gråta (Hagfors, #2)
  • The Protected
  • Grace
  • Efterskalv (A-gruppen, #9)
  • I stundens hetta (Sandhamn, #5)
  • Pennies for Hitler
  • Violence 101
  • Waiting for Doggo
  • The Amber Amulet
  • Gentlemen
  • Upstate
  • Berättelse om herr Roos (Barbarotti #3)
  • On Two Feet and Wings
  • Red Wolf (Annika Bengtzon, #5)
  • The Story of Tom Brennan
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow ...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...

Fjällbacka (9 books)
  • The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
  • The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2)
  • Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)
  • Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)
  • The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5)
  • The Drowning (Patrik Hedström, #6)
  • Fyrvaktaren (Patrik Hedström, #7)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Lejontämjaren
The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2) The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5) Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3) Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)