Start by marking “Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse (The Neil Flambé Capers #3)” as Want to Read:
Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse (The Neil Flambé Capers #3)

Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse (The Neil Flambé Capers #3)

The sudden disappearance of Neil’s skills in the kitchen is the real mystery in this culinary caper. Is a curse to blame?

Published November 8th 2016 by Key Porter Books (first published September 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse

Rena  Traxel
Jul 06, 2012 Rena Traxel rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
His books always leave me feeling hungry for another book and some gourmet food.
Logan Magic
Dec 20, 2012 Logan Magic rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
In this book Neil loses his ability to cook and now he needs to uncover why. He finds out that it is a curse that someone put on his family after his family member named Piere goes against the law. Neil got rid of the curse by getting rid of the family member related to the man who originally placed the curse on the family. After that Neil could cook again. So Neil went back to work and to helping the police solve food related murders.
Emily
Mar 07, 2013 Emily rated it it was ok
I thought this book was okay. I found the whole story line was really boring and confusing because some chapters were set in present day and talking about Neil and other chapters were set back in the 1600's and talking about a guy named Pierre, I kinda liked the ending A little bit but otherwise this book was not my favourite.
Rachel Seigel
May 25, 2012 Rachel Seigel rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one the most of the three books in the series so far. It felt as though Neil learned a few things this time (and maybe some humility) and I'll be interested to see where it goes in book 4.
Lucas Lucky
Jan 10, 2013 Lucas Lucky rated it it was amazing
i thought Neil Flambe was a great book! It really was a type of book that you could not put it down. I had lots of fun reading this book and i would reccomend this book to many people! I thought it was really cool at the end.
Chenny Wu
Dec 24, 2012 Chenny Wu rated it it was amazing
This book was 10 times better than the first one and second one added up together. Sometimes the author writes one good book then make it a series and the rest of them are "try hard" books but this clearly isn't the case. There are many points that make this book so much more interesting and exciting to read than the first and second ones. Firstly, it starts off with a problem and many books aren't written like that, usually taking up at least 1/3 of a book without a big problem as the climax. T ...more
Beka
Jan 05, 2017 Beka rated it liked it
The beginning was fairly excruciating and even more far-fetched than usual, although things panned out quite well in the end. I'm really unsure whether or not I'm going to read any more in this series.
Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die-

World-class chef—and royal pain in the neck—Neil Flambé is used to serving his dishes to resounding applause and overwhelming approval. And Neil’s super-sensitive nose does more than enable him to cook sophisticated meals and run his own restaurant; it also allows him to help local police solve mysteries in his spare time.
Then things start going wrong. His plates are returned.
Marsha
As the ever clueless Neil Flambé tries to get his cooking business up and running (Mr. Sylvester doesn’t hold back when he shows what a difficult and expensive endeavor it is to run a restaurant, even one as seedy as Chez Flambés), he is beset by a new problem—a seemingly ancient curse set upon him by a deceased Crusader.

The problems mount in a dizzying pile but the characters, now well established and alternately endearing, frustrating and funny, handled them with their usual flair. They are no
Emma Y
Feb 13, 2015 Emma Y rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Neil Flambé, a fourteen-year-old world class chef is back, and as cocky as ever.
But suddenly, his usually perfect dishes start getting sent back into the kitchen, a bunch of food critics leave unsatisfying reviews for Neil, and his restaurant even gets shut down by the Departement of Health. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.
On Neil's fifteenth birthday, he recieves a notebook containing entries and recipies from his ancesters. He discovers that the past Flambé chefs have also stumbled upo
Saki3
Sep 06, 2015 Saki3 rated it really liked it
Neil Flambe returns not food for the stomach but, food for the mind. instead of just any mystery he brings one very close to home., his home or house that is. in this book Neil discovers that things are going terribly wrong for no reason. after his big battle in Mexico he has just reopened his brand new store with brand new things. his food is making people get food poisoning and stomach aches. the health department shuts him down. the store across the street is opening a new building that may b ...more
Danielleacorn
Feb 24, 2013 Danielleacorn rated it really liked it
I really liked this book because of all the adventure in it. In the beginning I thought it was really hard to understand it wasn't even talking about Neil. It was talking about some one named Pierre, to me that didn't make any sense at all. Also it was kind of confusing how they kept talking about how Isabella got takin by who ever in the other book. Other silver birch readers from previous years would understand. I really thought it was kind of weird but funny how if you didn't know Larry then ...more
Marilyn
Apr 11, 2013 Marilyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: third-sixth
Neil is trying to start a new restaurant but something has made his dishes taste terrible. All of the food critics send it back and Neil can't figure it out. Then there is the building across the street with the blue light. What confused me was the going back and forth between centuries of Flambe's only not all were Flambe's and not all were fifteen when they started having problems. One of my biggest concerns was..where in the world are Neil's parents and how did they not know he took off to Fr ...more
Jeel
Sep 18, 2013 Jeel rated it really liked it
It is a very good book and I really enjoyed it a lot. I would recommend this book to my classmates that are already reading this book. Good for them!! This book is about Neil Flambé the famous teen chef. His A/C got ruined by Deep Blue Cheese. DBC (Deep Blue Cheese) is a computer and was lost by Neil is a duel. DBC tried to ruin Neil by a fake health department coming in and closing down the restaurant. I am not gonna ruin this book. So I recommend you (whoever is reading this)to read this book! ...more
Pontiki
Mar 24, 2016 Pontiki rated it really liked it
In this third instalment of the Neil Flambé books, Neil is cursed with not being able to cook starting on his fifteenth birthday.

Again, there is some history about the crusades in medieval times, but nicely interwoven is some Flambé history as well.

With his brilliant, if goofy, sous chef/cousin Larry, plus all the usual cast of characters, he figures out that there is a curse on the Flambé line of chefs, dating back many centuries, and it also explains why his parents are how they are about fo
Logan D
Mar 07, 2013 Logan D rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. This book was amazing. I was like "I don't want to stop reading, this is an awesome book." I gave it 5 out of 5 becasue it was just an amazing book. If you like the Neil Flambe Series or you really like alot of action in a book this is a good book for you. The one thing is that it is a little boring at the start of the book but it is really a ton of acti0on at the end.
Sydneyreader
Feb 21, 2013 Sydneyreader rated it liked it
Shelves: silver-birch
I thought this book was pretty good though not my personal favourite and moved a little bit to fast for me. I liked how it changed from Neil's point of view to some one else's. I don't understand why so many people found the swiching so hard to understand and would appreciate it if some one could explain their thoughts to me.
Tara Truscott
Jun 12, 2012 Tara Truscott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junior-fiction
The third Neil Flambé adventure continues on the same vein as the first two. Neil is in trouble, critics have returned his food and given him poor reviews. This time, the action switches back and forth to medieval times, and we learn bits of information about the Flambé ancestors which helps move our understanding of Neil's current predicament. A fun read!
Birthe Jorgensen
Jul 10, 2014 Birthe Jorgensen rated it really liked it
This is an imaginative book aimed at children but full of puns and humour appealing to adults who enjoy food and its preparation. The book encourages not only the joy of reading, but the joy of cooking, eating good food, experimenting with the many ingredients the world has to offer, and the value of drawing and illustration in expressing ideas. Very enjoyable.
Willowthepillow
Dec 21, 2012 Willowthepillow rated it did not like it
Shelves: silver-birch
I did NOT like this book really. To me, it was all over the place, its talking about Neil then about Nicholas and Pierre. That made it confusing to me. The curse was a thriller. It made the book abit more interesting, but i still did not like it.
Susan B
Jun 05, 2012 Susan B rated it really liked it
A great addition to the Neil Flambe series. I don't know where the author gets his ideas or how much research he has to do, but in my opinion, he creates very complex stories that both young and older readers can enjoy!
Janet
Jun 26, 2012 Janet rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful series for both young and old. It should be read in order as you need the background material from the book before to really get the book you are reading. Has a lot of history and cooking folklore, which is really interesting.
Laree
A 14 year old wonder chef who solves mysteries for the police in his spare time . . .it's like mixing up my favorite tv genres into one well written series!
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen, mystery
I really liked how different this book was than the other ones. I liked the journal entries. It is fun to see Neil challenged and mature from it.
Jenn
Jul 17, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Love the storyline in this one...
Lucas
Dec 18, 2012 Lucas rated it really liked it
the characters stayed the same the plot was a cliffhanger could not put it down
Jammiedodgerofdoom
Jammiedodgerofdoom rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Jade
Jade rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Leina Awesome
Leina Awesome rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Imaan
Imaan rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2013
  • The Grave Robber's Apprentice
  • A Tinfoil Sky
  • The Glory Wind
  • Dragon Seer's Gift
  • Cat Found
  • The Dragon Turn (The Boy Sherlock Holmes, #5)
  • Jolted: Newton Starker's rules for survival
  • Undergrounders
  • Making Bombs for Hitler
  • The Mission to Find Max: Egypt (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart: #14)
  • Missing
  • Money-Smart Kids
  • Death Benefits
  • The Castle Corona
  • Ghosts of the Titanic
  • Yesterday's Dead
  • The Kimchi Cookbook: 60 Traditional and Modern Ways to Make and Eat Kimchi
  • The Unknowns
KEVIN SYLVESTER is an award winning illustrator, writer and broadcaster.

His new sci-fi series MiNRs is now out from Simon and Schuster. MINRs was named a 2015 CLA Honour Book and is nominated for the Tome Award in Georgia.

His series The Neil Flambé Capers is already a bestseller and critical success. Students across Ontario picked 'Neil Flambé and the Marco Polo Murders' as the Silver Birch winne
More about Kevin Sylvester...

The Neil Flambé Capers (6 books)
  • Neil Flambé and the Marco Polo Murders (The Neil Flambé Capers #1)
  • Neil Flambé and the Aztec Abduction (The Neil Flambé Capers #2)
  • Neil Flambé and the Toyko Treasure (The Neil Flambé Capers #4)
  • Neil Flambé and the Bard's Banquet (The Neil Flambé Capers #5)
  • Neil Flambé and the Duel in the Desert

“Are you still taking orders for me-shirts?"
"I'll take one 'shoot me now' and one 'I'm with useless'.”
3 likes