Start by marking “Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories Of Children Who Murdered Their Parents (True Crime (St. Martin's Paperbacks))” as Want to Read:

Innocent children turned ruthless murderers...Hate-filled and deeply disturbed...They kill with cold-blooded savagery...

Nothing was too good for precious Katy-- sports cars, jewelry, designer clothes. Her father, a successful South Florida businessman, could not resist any of her whims. But when he tried to curb her fast-lane lifestyle, she had him shot through the head wh
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published June 15th 1993 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Killer Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Kids

Julia Brumfield
Although the reading material itself was fascinating, the presentation itself was rather bland. What you really want to know about these crimes and what may have led to them was left out as well as the fact that with some of them the reader should have been able to discover what happened to the "child" who was said to be eligible for parole in no time flat.

The writing was less than average while there were actually a few spots that had mistakes such as the using of the wrong name of a person m
Christy
Mar 06, 2011 Christy rated it liked it
Now don’t anyone panic & call the FBI. I picked this book b/c I like true crime. I think some ppl have no regard for the life, safety and/or well being of others and seem to have no moral development or sense of right and wrong, while others dont care. Wonder what gets inside the heads of violent offenders, other than in my opinion of a complete lack of regard and/or no moral development or maybe a lack of it, which still does not excuse violent acts; I’ve been angry & hurt too, yet I ha ...more
Terralyn
May 06, 2014 Terralyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of true crime, and yes..this is a true crime book. The problem is that the author is a very poor writer. I don't like the fact that he interjects with his opinions in ways that make the book seemingly more fiction than not.

The subject matter doesn't freak me out, sad and terrible things happen..but the name of this book would have been better named 'Lousy Author Who Sensationalizes and Makes a Profit Off Abused Kids." Almost every child talked about in this book came from a horribly a
Ashley
Apr 10, 2016 Ashley marked it as to-read
#
NC
Own in paperback.

FS: "Parricide, the murder of a parent - or the more specific patricide for the murder of one's father, and matricide for the murder of one's mother - are ugly words for ugly acts."

LS: "But as prisoner C77200, Patty was still insisting that she didn't engineer or participate in the murder of her family."
Ernie
Aug 30, 2016 Ernie rated it liked it
It was very similar to a vast number of books like this. I read in an earlier review that this is a bland book. I totally agree with this assessment. The material alone got my attention, but it could have been written much better.
Denise Ortiz
Feb 23, 2008 Denise Ortiz rated it really liked it
If you love true crime, this is a MUST read.
Patricia Atkinson
Jan 31, 2015 Patricia Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
stories of kids that kill there parents or family to gain money or escape abuse.
Mitta Xinindlu
Sep 12, 2013 Mitta Xinindlu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliantly written. I think parents (community) still have a long way to protect children from self-harm and hurting others. Let's all say NO to all kinds of human abuse.
Esther
Jun 27, 2007 Esther rated it liked it
Just read the chapter on the Hollywood recluse bludgeoned by her growth-hormone-addled son. Better than Sunset Boulevard!
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Sher
Sher rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2013
Bronwyn
Bronwyn rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2010
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2008
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
*Sklip*
*Sklip* rated it liked it
May 31, 2009
Judi Domke
Judi Domke rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2010
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Paulina
Paulina rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Radostinski
Radostinski rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2013
Tammie Gibson
Tammie Gibson rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Barbra Feldbusch
Barbra Feldbusch rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Jane Dunnicliff
Jane Dunnicliff rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2013
Dorie
Dorie rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Teddie
Teddie rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Cold Storage
  • Burned Alive: A Shocking True Story of Betrayal, Kidnapping, and Murder
  • Precious Angels: A True Story of Two Slain Children and a Mother Convicted of Murder
  • The Stranger In My Bed
  • Breaking Point
  • Internet Slave Master
  • In the Name of Love and Other True Cases (Crime Files, #4)
  • Secrets Can Be Murder: What America's Most Sensational Crimes Tell Us about Ourselves
  • The Man Who Could Not Kill Enough
  • Gone Forever
  • Lethal Intent
  • Body Dump
  • Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children
  • To the Last Breath
  • No Mercy: The Host of America's Most Wanted Hunts the Worst Criminals of Our Time--In Shattering True Crime Cases
  • Precious Victims
  • Evil Beside Her
  • Serial Killers (True Crime Series)