Start by marking “Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)

Skinned (The Shadowing #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Black Annis smiles. Her pointed teeth do not gleam; they are black with age and the bloodstains of her victims. She looks up at the human child — surely meant to be in bed and asleep. Some things don't change. Every hundred years the gateway opens between their world and ours. A human coven has joined forces with the dark beings of the Netherworld. Evil is growing. And Cal...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 288 pages
Published August 1st 2011 by Egmont Books

To ask other readers questions about Skinned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinned

Tina (yAdultReview)
Originally posted at Nose in a Book

Let me start off by saying that if I hadn’t read Slater’s first novel in this series, that cover up there would not make me want to start reading it. It looks like an RL Stine cover circa 1997. Or the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt. (I’m showing my age now, aren’t I?) Huge turn off there, but I know I like these novels, and I know I like Callum Scott. What I’m hearing is that this book is being re-released next year, but it was less than $5 for Kindle,...more
Nina
When I looked at this cover I was immediately scared. Look at it! It’s so creepy. I read the back of the book and it totally reminded me a bit of those R.L.Stine books that I loved when I was younger. Yesterday evening I started to read it and I just had to read the whole damn thing. I could not put it down, because A) It was creepy B) I could not sleep with that book on my bedside table (Again the cover). Yes, I admit when I finished reading it, I put the book in my drawer. And it will stay the...more
Sara
You probably thought the Fetch was alive. And Black Annis was alive. And Jacob was alive. NOPE, Chuck Testa.
Kathy Jackson
Feb 15, 2012 Kathy Jackson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA horror fans
I have waited months for this book to come out. It is the sequel to “The Shadowing: Hunted” which is the first in The Shadowing series by Adam Slater. I finally gave in and bought it for the Kindle reader on my laptop as it hasn’t become available on the Nook yet.

The book is YA fiction which means that the exhaustive details about locations and histories are absent. This is not a bad thing – I can see how it works to keep a young person interested with its non-stop action. Callum must face the H...more
(This review may contain spoilers).

It's been a little while since I read the first book in this series, so I thought I might get confused because it had been maybe a year since I'd read the first book. I was wrong, however. There was a little bit of confusion at first, but I quickly recalled what had happened in the first book and who the characters were.

This book was easy to read, partly because I did like the characters. I was pleased to see that Callum wasn't a natural when it came to his chi...more
Rebecca
Book two in the set. Continues in the same vein as book one with a combination of supernatural and horror. Again okay I would continue the set but nothing spectacular.
Lauren
After the first book in this series, I was distinctly unimpressed. But I have to say, it might be growing on me now. If for no other reason than this second book in a series did not end on a cliffhanger, and doesn't feel like it suffers from middle-book syndrome, where it just sets up the next book. It hints at what's to come, but the book actually has a plot all its own (gasp!). And the character's developed. It is such a refreshing change. The writing has also tightened up.
Ron
Nov 06, 2013 Ron marked it as to-finish  ·  review of another edition
It's funny that this series got me started in horror, which I have taken to write now, and that I just can't be motivated to finish this one.

It's not the book's fault, for it *is* still interesting, but at the moment I'm at a different place in life. For some reason, right now I crave classic books more than YA, and after having Skinned in my "currently reading" for more than four months I think it's time I acknowledge that I need to come back to this at a later time.
Heather
I like this series. When students say they want a horror book, this has become my go to standard, if there are any copies on the shelf. The first book, Hunted, had me jumping at shadows but this one is more on the gory side. The descriptions of Black Annis' fingernails and the different ways she uses them gave me chills. I am looking forward to book three.
Sydney Robinson
Even more spooky than the last one!
Sarah Staszkiel
Sarah Staszkiel marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Trina-Marie
Trina-Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Ember
Ember marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Dtkbombme.com
Dtkbombme.com marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Carmen Ezell
Carmen Ezell marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Monique Johnatakis
Monique Johnatakis marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Nevey Badr
Nevey Badr marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Flora Colasante
Flora Colasante marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Alexis Villalobos
Alexis Villalobos marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Courtney Lehmann
Courtney Lehmann marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Creepy!: The Shadowing: Skinned 1 1 Feb 25, 2014 08:59PM
Adam Slater doesn't scare easily, which is lucky because his study overlooks a graveyard. He has a degree in Folklore and an unhealthy love of horror films, both of which helped to inspire The Shadowing books. If he wasn't a writer - and if his girlfriend would let him - he'd be a stunt driver.
More about Adam Slater...
Hunted (The Shadowing, #1) Passage of Rights (The Time Keeper)