Start by marking “Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)

Skinned (The Shadowing #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Black Annis smiles. Her pointed teeth do not gleam; they are black with age and the bloodstains of her victims. She looks up at the human child — surely meant to be in bed and asleep. Some things don't change. Every hundred years the gateway opens between their world and ours. A human coven has joined forces with the dark beings of the Netherworld. Evil is growing. And Cal ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 288 pages
Published August 1st 2011 by Egmont Books

Tina (yAdultReview)
Dec 12, 2011 Tina (yAdultReview) rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Nose in a Book

Let me start off by saying that if I hadn’t read Slater’s first novel in this series, that cover up there would not make me want to start reading it. It looks like an RL Stine cover circa 1997. Or the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt. (I’m showing my age now, aren’t I?) Huge turn off there, but I know I like these novels, and I know I like Callum Scott. What I’m hearing is that this book is being re-released next year, but it was less than $5 for Kindle,
Nina
Oct 19, 2011 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I looked at this cover I was immediately scared. Look at it! It’s so creepy. I read the back of the book and it totally reminded me a bit of those R.L.Stine books that I loved when I was younger. Yesterday evening I started to read it and I just had to read the whole damn thing. I could not put it down, because A) It was creepy B) I could not sleep with that book on my bedside table (Again the cover). Yes, I admit when I finished reading it, I put the book in my drawer. And it will stay the ...more
Sara
Feb 29, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You probably thought the Fetch was alive. And Black Annis was alive. And Jacob was alive. NOPE, Chuck Testa.
Kathy Jackson
Feb 15, 2012 Kathy Jackson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA horror fans
I have waited months for this book to come out. It is the sequel to “The Shadowing: Hunted” which is the first in The Shadowing series by Adam Slater. I finally gave in and bought it for the Kindle reader on my laptop as it hasn’t become available on the Nook yet.

The book is YA fiction which means that the exhaustive details about locations and histories are absent. This is not a bad thing – I can see how it works to keep a young person interested with its non-stop action. Callum must face the H
Sarah Briggs
Aug 24, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This review may contain spoilers).

It's been a little while since I read the first book in this series, so I thought I might get confused because it had been maybe a year since I'd read the first book. I was wrong, however. There was a little bit of confusion at first, but I quickly recalled what had happened in the first book and who the characters were.

This book was easy to read, partly because I did like the characters. I was pleased to see that Callum wasn't a natural when it came to his chi
Rebecca
Book two in the set. Continues in the same vein as book one with a combination of supernatural and horror. Again okay I would continue the set but nothing spectacular.
Lauren
After the first book in this series, I was distinctly unimpressed. But I have to say, it might be growing on me now. If for no other reason than this second book in a series did not end on a cliffhanger, and doesn't feel like it suffers from middle-book syndrome, where it just sets up the next book. It hints at what's to come, but the book actually has a plot all its own (gasp!). And the character's developed. It is such a refreshing change. The writing has also tightened up.
Heather
Jan 01, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I like this series. When students say they want a horror book, this has become my go to standard, if there are any copies on the shelf. The first book, Hunted, had me jumping at shadows but this one is more on the gory side. The descriptions of Black Annis' fingernails and the different ways she uses them gave me chills. I am looking forward to book three.
Sydney Robinson
May 19, 2013 Sydney Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Even more spooky than the last one!
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Pudgy
Pudgy marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Rebecca Fletcher
Rebecca Fletcher marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Tasha hastings
Tasha hastings marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Adam Gallagher
Adam Gallagher rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Vk
Vk marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Adrienne Gullion
Adrienne Gullion marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Jo Williams
Jo Williams marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Lujain AlBattah
Lujain AlBattah marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Aly Ramirez
Aly Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Josh Chapman
Josh Chapman marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Anon
Anon marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Spookygirl: Paranormal Investigator
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Wild Children
  • ぬらりひょんの孫 13 [Nurarihyon No Mago] (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #13)
  • The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 1
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dead Girls Detective Agency (The Dead Girls Detective Agency #1)
  • カゲロウデイズ -in a daze- (Kagerou Daze #1)
  • Skull Kids
  • Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • The Book of the Heart (Samurai Girl, #6)
Adam Slater doesn't scare easily, which is lucky because his study overlooks a graveyard. He has a degree in Folklore and an unhealthy love of horror films, both of which helped to inspire The Shadowing books. If he wasn't a writer - and if his girlfriend would let him - he'd be a stunt driver.
More about Adam Slater...

The Shadowing (2 books)
  • Hunted (The Shadowing, #1)