The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards

The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Deep descriptions and explanations of the details and symbols embedded in the 22 Major Arcana cards of the Crowley Thoth Tarot deck.
Published March 1st 2003 by U.S. Games Systems (first published August 1991)

Zoë Bulboff
I use the Crowley Thoth deck so this book has been amazing in learning them all.
highly recommend it to anyone trying to grasp a deeper understanding of tarot.
Ian
Das Buch habe ich mir zu den Karten gekauft, weil ich dachte, damit nicht nur einen leichten, sondern auch einen umfassenden Einstieg in die Karten zu bekommen. Leicht hat das Buch es mir wohl gemacht.

Leider abstrahieren die Autoren so weit von Crowley und Thelema, dass die Karten viel ihrer ursprünglichen Bedeutung einbüßen. Crowleys Deck muss vor dem Hintergrund seiner Weltanschauung betrachtet werden. Wie mich die weitere Beschäftigung mit Crowleys Werk gelehrt hat, erklären die Autoren die K...more
Strangerealms
Banzhaf's book is more for those who want to pick their Thoth Tarot and read with it right now. In Duquette's book he really introduces you to the background behind the deck and talks about a few symbols on the cards, but he almost completely leaves out the divinatory aspects of the cards that you have to dig at the end of the book. Banzhaf him he puts both at the same place, he mentions the meanings of the symbols of the cards but he also gives many clues on how to interpret the cards in differ...more
C.J. Prince
If you use the Crowley deck, this is a must-read. However, I prefer Gerd Zigler's interpretations. Crowley's life story is interesting. I rarely use this deck because so many other's resonate on another dimension.
Brie'Ann
Feb 03, 2008 Brie'Ann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Brie'Ann by: snortney
I just looked at my copy and saw "December 1998" inscribed next to my lousy seventh grade signature on the inside cover of this book! It is um, obviously my favorite tarot book.
Bookkitten
One of the best tarot card guides I´ve ever seen very clear & very detailed.
Brainorgan
The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards by Akron (1995)
Jade
Jade added it
Jul 20, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Avis Williams
Avis Williams is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Katie Vincent
Katie Vincent marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Majo Della paolera
Majo Della paolera marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Catarina Sv
Catarina Sv marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Josés Luizes
Josés Luizes marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Alex M
Alex M marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Tricia Hazim
Tricia Hazim is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hajo Banzhaf, one of Europe's foremost Tarot authors, was the husband and co-author of Brigitte Theler.
More about Hajo Banzhaf...
Tarot and the Journey of the Hero Key Words for Astrology Keywords for the Crowley Tarot The Tarot Handbook Das Arbeitsbuch zum Tarot