Start by marking “The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards” as Want to Read:
The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards

The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Deep descriptions and explanations of the details and symbols embedded in the 22 Major Arcana cards of the Crowley Thoth Tarot deck.
Published March 1st 2003 by U.S. Games Systems (first published August 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Crowley Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crowley Tarot

Zoë Bulboff
I use the Crowley Thoth deck so this book has been amazing in learning them all.
highly recommend it to anyone trying to grasp a deeper understanding of tarot.
Das Buch habe ich mir zu den Karten gekauft, weil ich dachte, damit nicht nur einen leichten, sondern auch einen umfassenden Einstieg in die Karten zu bekommen. Leicht hat das Buch es mir wohl gemacht.

Leider abstrahieren die Autoren so weit von Crowley und Thelema, dass die Karten viel ihrer ursprünglichen Bedeutung einbüßen. Crowleys Deck muss vor dem Hintergrund seiner Weltanschauung betrachtet werden. Wie mich die weitere Beschäftigung mit Crowleys Werk gelehrt hat, erklären die Autoren die K
Banzhaf's book is more for those who want to pick their Thoth Tarot and read with it right now. In Duquette's book he really introduces you to the background behind the deck and talks about a few symbols on the cards, but he almost completely leaves out the divinatory aspects of the cards that you have to dig at the end of the book. Banzhaf him he puts both at the same place, he mentions the meanings of the symbols of the cards but he also gives many clues on how to interpret the cards in differ ...more
C.J. Prince
If you use the Crowley deck, this is a must-read. However, I prefer Gerd Zigler's interpretations. Crowley's life story is interesting. I rarely use this deck because so many other's resonate on another dimension.
Feb 03, 2008 Brie'Ann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Brie'Ann by: snortney
I just looked at my copy and saw "December 1998" inscribed next to my lousy seventh grade signature on the inside cover of this book! It is um, obviously my favorite tarot book.
One of the best tarot card guides Ive ever seen very clear & very detailed. ...more
The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards by Akron (1995)
Yakov Sadikov
Yakov Sadikov marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Walter Hernandez
Walter Hernandez is currently reading it
Nov 06, 2015
Ariadne Starr
Ariadne Starr marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
UrsusPolaris marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Mystic Doom
Mystic Doom is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Dark Chen
Dark Chen marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Nadine marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Klaczekflocculus marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Daniel marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Akron is the pen name of Charles F. Frey.
More about Akron...