Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)

Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines 0.5)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  5,588 ratings  ·  575 reviews
When Richelle first sat down to write Bloodlines each chapter was narrated by a different Character.

This is Adrian's lost story.

Scribd
Published August 3rd 2011

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
26th out of 444 books — 881 voters
Harry Potter by J.K. RowlingThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon Extra - Miscalculation by Stephenie Meyer
Extras
11th out of 109 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This was supposed to be part of Bloodlines, but instead of Adrian's POV, Richelle went with Sydney's.

I don't mind Sydney in the least. I love her, but this chapter breaks my heart. I ADORE ADRIAN! And seeing him sad breaks my heart.

I cannot wait for his happily-ever-after. No one deserves it more.
♔ Leah.
The chapter was fucking awful— Adrian wasn't even in character, as if some personality black hole came and sucked it out of him like a goddamn Dementor. Additionally, the inconsistencies were apparent— Mead doesn't even know her own characters or the information that she established about them initially. Adrian was said to be 22, but he was celebrating his 21st Birthday? Really? She doesn't know details of a SECONDARY character. Also, what is Jill's real element? Is it water or air? Please tell...more
Hayden Casey
description

THIS DESCRIBES IT ALL. Except, replace the cardboard cutout of Edward with Adrian.
Cynics_united
Honestly, what exactly was the purpose of this chapter? To give us an insight of a highly lecherous pseudo relationship between Adrian and Jill? To make us hate the one true pairing that has finally made it in the book? To make us angry and hate the awesome books written before that are the basics and sometimes the only reason I would even sacrifice ten minutes to read this?

Note to the Author,
I have adored your work in the past years. I have fallen in love with Dimitri, I have been with Rose fro...more
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)

Blah. I hate Jill, I hate Rose and Dimitri and I hate Adrian acting like a retard. -.-
Jill, if you ever try to be with Adrian... I am gonna cut you into pieces and give it to the bears, who may also vomit. [poor bears]
Jill is fifteen. Adrian is twenty-one. SIX freaking years difference.
Seven pages of pure torture.
♥ Sarah ♥
This is a chapter of the original story that Richelle Mead was going to write for Bloodlines. Originally she was going to write it from multiple view points -- one of which Adrian's *sigh* -- but decided that it wasn't going to work out that way so she switched.

So this was the original first chapter from Adrian's POV. It was definitely interesting to be inside his head, for even a short amount of time. Although nothing was really revealed that we didn't already know about the story or his feelin...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
This original beginning can be found here.

This was the original opening chapter for Bloodlines written in Adrian's POV that Richelle Mead ultimately scrapped and I have to ask.....why? Lord why?

I understand that the actual opener found in the book sets the stage for the rest of the book and gives us our first glimpse into Sydney's head, but this one was so much better.Perhaps it's just because it's Adrian (hehe) but having a glimpse into the working's of his mind and seeing this from his POV wa...more
Zemira Warner
Awww...Adrian my poor baby :(
I kept waiting for the mention of Rose to see how he feels. :(
I love the fact that he is taking care of Jill. It's sweet.
Miss
O my dearest Adrian, I will take care of you...
Vasya
Adrian got a few words, and Rose and Dimitri were perfectly pointless in it, because we all now just how happy they are. I cheer for Adrian to find a new love, may it be Sydney or Jill.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
I'm not in "Team Adrian" but I like this guy. He is not perfect, but still I want him to be happy.
I can't wait to read Bloodlines!
๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑
I've said this before, but: Poor Adrian.

This was only 7 pages and nothing much happened. Pretty much just told how miserable Adrian's feeling.
But it was good to see though his eyes even if it was only for a little bit & he wasn't his usual self. Hope he feels better soon...
Shannon A. Hiner
Aug 06, 2012 Shannon A. Hiner rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Richelle Mead, vampire-lovers, and those who enjoy impeccable character development.
I cannot believe I didn't know about this scrapped chapter sooner. Having already read The Golden Lily (and loved it) this chapter contains no shockers or revelations for me. It simply reinforces my love for Adrian and my sadness at his life.

I am convinced that Richelle Mead is a literary genius of the first degree. Were she writing in the dry and often depressing genre that timeless books like The Grapes of Wrath and Fahrenheit 451 share then I am sure that the general public would recognize th...more
Aditi
Aug 06, 2012 Aditi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who's got a bit of time before starting Bloodlines
Eh.

If you have read Bloodlines then you'd want to be present at the dinner Adrian mentions in here. Then you are *glad* he decides to go to that dinner! So *very* glad.

Otherwise I am neutral to this extra chapter. It doesn't move mountains. Or me.

There's this bit about how Adrian inadvertently spies on Rose-Dimitri and how it breaks his heart. And hence, mine.

Otherwise, as I probably mentioned, I am neutral to this extra chapter.
Suchevane
Hot Damn!! This boy is smokin'!!
Mariacris98
My heart is hurting. I want to cry for Adrian because he really loved Rose and now his heart is broken. I'm happy that Rose is with Dimitri, bu I like Adrian too and he is suffering very much. I hope he will forget Rose and he will find the love in another place, maybe with Sydney. Jill is cute too, but I don't think she will be with Adrian, even she has feelings for him. Anyway, Adrian wants to protect her and Jill doesn't have a good life at all. It's not fair to be led by someone and to not h...more
Cher
Was lucky enough for a kind person to pass this along to me.It's a short story or more importantly the org. start for Bloodlines.Richelle Mead started this book from Adrian's POV.Although the info wasn't anything knew, it let you see what happened to Adrian after Rose left him.He's still in the same place, drunk, angry and wounded.I haven't yet read Bloodlines but I do hope that Adrian gets his life together.
Emma (BelleBooks)
This is the first chapter of Bloodlines from Adrian's perspective. It was what was going to be the original first chapter for Bloodlines!
I liked it, but am so glad Richelle went with Sydney's chapter instead!
I much prefer the story being told form Sydney's perspective, she is such a great main character!

Yasi
Richelle Mead was initially going to make Bloodlines a third-person omniscient point of view. But she didn't. This is how the first chapter was originally suppose to be.
Megatherium
Note: It just dawned on me that I wrote this without mentioning I've yet to read The Golden Lily. Blame that for any screw-ups in what follows. Or just blame me. :)

====

Adrian's Lost Chapter (scribd link)

Interesting perspective, and though I think I do agree w/Ms. Mead about how switching character POVs would have been a nightmare for her as an author, as a reader it is something of a pity to get a glimpse of what "might have been" had she pursued this path. I'm not certain the end product would...more
Jessica
This is only a chapter, so you can't really expect much. The top 2 reviews I read about this tore it up, and I don't really get it. Why is it so terrible? I thought it was decent. Regarding the complaints that it keeps bringing Rose and Dimitri into the story, when the author should just let it drop... Have you read any of the other Vampire Academy or Bloodlines books? All of them start with a bit of background or a prologue built into them, and with reminders of background stories throughout. I...more
Natasha
Adrian's Lost Chapter was supposed to be the original beginning of Bloodlines, as told by Adrian. I have to say, I'm disappointed she didn't keep it. I haven't read the Bloodines series yet, but from the Vampire Academy series, he was one of my favorite characters. Getting a look inside his head was a treat! It may only be eight pages long, but I suppose eight pages of Adrian is better than zero pages of Adrian. *grins*
Fenia
Oh my Adrian,my fictional hubby!! Why have't i read that before?? Anyway, I was so sorry for him!! He's just lost so much..and quite obviously Jil and Adrian still don't know about the bond! And no Sydrian scenes either. But the Romitri scenes?? Ughh the cuteness of them will be the death of me!!! :D ♥
AJ
Quick little bit from Adrian's POV - the alternate first chapter of Bloodlines. God, I love that man, and being inside his head is brilliant. I'd love a whole book of him!

And bonus - we get to see a couple of glimpses of a very happy Rose and Dimitri together. Squee!!!
Paula Bascur
Entretenido de leer pero definitivamente gracias a la diosa por no escribir este libro desde diversos puntos de vista, creo q si estuvieramos pasado mas tiempo en la cabeza de Adrián terminariamos odiando a los personajes centrales de VA
Hannah
Adrian always gets 5 stars in my opinion but I'm glad she changed it to 1st person perspective though I reckon Adrian kind of got sold out by losing the main character spot to Sydney...
~Tina~
I kinda wish we got multiple pov's for Bloodline. I rather enjoyed knowing what Adrian was thinking...
Nadin
Adrian sounds almost as boring as Sydney.
Chapter TK
Such negativity here! Clearly the decision was made to publish Bloodlines from a different perspective for many reasons. I didn't expect this chapter to be fantastic because Mrs. Mead didn't take the time to perfect it like the published versions and perhaps the story simply didn't flow correctly from Adrian's point of view. That's why the main character was changed.

Nonetheless, it's interesting to know what kind of dinner Jill was attacked at. Someone would have had to have some very good insi...more
When Richelle Mead originally started writing Bloodlines she planned on writing the story from several points of view, starting off with Adrian. In the end she re-wrote the book purely from Sydney's POV but has released the original version of the first chapter as a free online read for her fans.

Although Adrian's Lost Chapter is only 8 pages long I really enjoyed getting to see part of the story from his POV. I don't really want to go into plot details as you can read the whole story yourself i...more
Adrian Ivashkov F...: Adrian's Lost Chapter 148 553 May 15, 2013 02:35AM
  • Sweet Evil Extra #2 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.2)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • City of Lost Souls: DSCS (The Mortal Instruments Extras, #5.5)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • The Tailor (The Grisha, #1.5)
  • Dreams and Desires

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f...more
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)

“Rose and Dimitri moved almost as one entity, like a matched pair of wolfes or lions, both wary and deadly as they studied their surroundings, taking no detail or person for granted.” 77 likes
“Happy Birthday."
Adrian came to a sudden halt. The words were soft and small, spoken tentatively, but easily discerned by vampire ears. Slowly, he turned around and found Jill Mastrano standing shyly before him.”
70 likes