First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2012

First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2012

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Turn to the world's bestselling medical review book for the most thorough and up-to-date USMLE preparation possible - now in FULL COLOR

"First Aid for the USMLE Step 1" delivers exactly what you need to ace the exam: More than 1200 frequently tested facts and mnemonics that provide a complete framework for your USMLE review. Conveniently organized by organ system and genera...more
Published December 19th 2011 by McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2012

John
I laughed, I cried...but mostly cried.
Marcie
Ok, I'm not recommending any of you read this book, but I spent ~12 hours/day, 7 days/week for 6 weeks memorizing it, so I felt it deserved a shout out on my Goodreads. It's basically a study guide for medical licensing boards, and every page of mine is highlighted and annotated, read and reread, hated and loved. All my classmates have a copy, but the joke around here is that I'm overly attached to mine -- I can creepily open it directly to specific topics, and I had to keep it in my bed with me...more
Andrew L. Warren
Sep 13, 2010 Andrew L. Warren rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All 2nd year medical students
Shelves: medical
Excellent comprehensive review. More detailed than 2008, but the added information is the most up to date. Consistently based on current research. Vital information for all 4 years of medical school. I use this info on the wards constantly.
Katie
I know I know, it's my stupid FA study guide. But I read it 3 times and skimmed it a 4th so I feel it deserves to be on this list. An obvious must-have for Step 1 and provides all the essentials, but I am so sick of looking at this book. Plus sometimes it's overly concise and I had to look elsewhere for context, which was annoying. This edition also didn't have all the fancy color pictures that the 2012 edition does, not that I felt like I didn't learn just as well. In the end, good riddance Fir...more
Stewart
To say that I love this book would be a gross distortion of the truth. More accurate would be to say that I have an intimate relationship with this book. I see her more than my own wife and children. That does not mean that I love her. In all honesty I'm using her because she's easy and puts out quickly. She's so good that I plan on sharing her with my friends.
Dan
I've become so close to this book i'm obligated to give it 5 stars. It did have everything needed for the step 1, especially if you annotated the margins like I did. By the time I was done the book was about twice as thick as originally due to added pages and notes.
Andrew L. Warren
Recommends it for: Second year medical students
Shelves: medical
Awesome review, everything you need to know from the first two years of medical school. This information is valuable for "pimp" questions during 3rd year. Excellent overview of core information. Memorize it!
Marla Shu
No one needs to review this. It's a gold standard. You know what it's good for. Just have a very solid biochem background before tackling the biochem section. Or go review it first with another source.
Jesse Jensen
Great review for the 1st Step that determines your destiny, or so they say.

I dreaded getting through this book, and when I had read it 5 times, I was totally burned out.
Wajid
The errata is just too huge I came to almost believe this was done on purpose so I will have to purchase the 2013 edition. Ah that's not cool at all I am not rich!
Natasha
Jun 10, 2012 Natasha added it
Shelves: textbooks
This book has been my life for the past 6 weeks. Tomorrow I will finally be free of its grasp over me. It might be the happiest day of my life so far.
Stephanie
This book (and previous editions) have helped me immensely these past two years. I'll see in a couple of days how helpful it has been for the boards...
Sasathorn M.
ก็ดีนะ สรุปเนื้อหาแต่ละบทดีมากๆเลย แต่ว่าบางบทก็น้อยเกินไป อ่านไปอาจจะไม่เข้าใจได้ แต่ก็ได้ความคิดรวบยอดดี เพียงแต่ว่าอาจไม่ละเอียดเท่าไหร่นัก
Alyssa
It's so good I'm reading it for the 3rd time.... I have learned quite a bit from it. If you are trying to pass Step 1, it is a must read.
Renee Wierz
I am rating this one but I mean to say check out the 2013 under assisted editors and find yours truly :) Great Read!! :)
Anne
I'm not sure if "really like" is the appropriate phrase. They didn't have a star for "painful but useful and necessary."
Wajid
a medical bible basically but lacks in consistency...I guess that it's unavoidable when you want to take step 1
Haider A zaini
The best book for USMLE step 1 prep .. Accompanied by U world Q bank .. U will definitly beat it !!
Steve Reinheimer
Like everyone else, every page read more than once, highlighted, noted, bookmarked. Essential.
Kelly
Jun 16, 2008 Kelly added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
on my third read through, this explains why I have not been more active... taking the boards 6/11
Megan
May 21, 2013 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone Studying for USMLE Step 1
Read 2012 colour edition. It's essential for step 1 review. Also read 2010 edition.
Ryan Manns
All I used with FA 2014 and Uworld and did fine. Moral of the story, use FA.
Heba Naseem
May 15, 2011 Heba Naseem is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
great book. made me smile that i could actually add this on goodreads heheheh
Rahul
read, currently reading, re reading, then one day burning.

ooo its in color
Michael
Thank heavens this is over. I never want to see this book again!
Hayley
I can't wait until this book is out of my life.
Reem Itani
more of a must-read for need-to-know info.
Azadeh Nasrazadani
There was definitely crying involved...
Borchertkaren
May 04, 2010 Borchertkaren is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Everything I will ever need to know.
Jason
It gets the job done.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Second Edition (First Aid USMLE) First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS First Aid for the Basic Sciences: Organ Systems First Aid Q & A for the USMLE Step 1