Start by marking “A Coach Trip Adventure: My Life. Brendan Sheerin” as Want to Read:
A Coach Trip Adventure: My Life. Brendan Sheerin

A Coach Trip Adventure: My Life. Brendan Sheerin

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  17 reviews
This is the autobiography of Brendan Sheerin, tour guide star of Channel 4's teatime show 'Coach Trip'.
Published September 1st 2011 by Michael O'Mara Books

To ask other readers questions about A Coach Trip Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Coach Trip Adventure

Stephen Clynes
Coach Trip is a very popular travel programme broadcast on Channel 4 television in the UK. It is presented by a very likeable and camp man called Brendan, this is his memoir.

This book covers Brendan's life from his birth in 1959 to 2011, with the content relating to the Coach Trip television programme from 2004. It is not until you have read 53% of this memoir before Coach Trip is mentioned, so the title is a little misleading. However this memoir is easy to relate to and is told in the same sof
What an absolutely brilliant book. I've watched Coach Trip for a while now and loved Brendan and his witty comments and his knowledge of all the places they visit. I had no idea about his private life though ( why should i) What a remarkable man. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but you al must buy this book.. To think to that he used to have a cottage on the outskirts of Scarborough, a tiny village called Flixton... My Auntie has had a farm there for almost 50 years!!!

Tracy Terry
Whilst not generally a big fain of the biography/auto biography I do sometimes dabble if I have a particular liking of/interest in the individual as I do of Brendan Sheerin and his tv series, Coach Trip.

Seemingly every bit as lovable as the tour guide I have come to love, Brendan obviously hasn't let his 'celeb' status go to his head if this refreshingly down-to-earth biography is anything to go by.

Whether charting his early days looking back at his Irish roots; his childhood summers spent on hi
I am lucky I got this book at a cheap price because the first half is all about Brendans sexuality - Yawn! There must be more to Brendan than why he is gay? So if you want to be bored - go ahead (ha-ha)
Rubbish is the only word for this book. I loved the TV show but the book is more about Brendan telling us how well he has done for himself than it is about coach trip. Save your money
I have been a fan of the tv series Coach Trip since it first started so when I saw that tour guide Brendan Sheerin had released an autobiography I thought there’d probably be a lot in it that I’d find interesting. I was pleased that it didn’t just focus on his time with the series but instead covered his life before tv beckoned – it was nice to get to know more about him and his life as a whole. In terms of talking about the tv series the book was published in 2011 so it only covers the first fe ...more
We all love Brendan.
This autobiography is so pleasant to read as it tells the story of a life that is lived with some candour and charm.

Brendan Sheerin is an unlikely celebrity who was launched from obscurity into the realm of the Coach Trip reality series – a cult and celebrated British television show where he acts as coach guide whilst taking competing passengers around Europe and beyond.

Television career aside, Sheerin tells an extraordinary story of an otherwise very ordinary life. He writes about his humble
I love watching Coach Trip on TV and Brendan always makes me laugh. I got weirdly excited when I saw this book in the library and knew I had to read it. Finally the chance to get to know the man of the coach better.
this book is perfect for anyone who loves the show. It goes right back to his childhood, where he grew up, the people he's met and the adventures he's had.
Brendan has had quite an exciting life and has traveled a lot (before Coach Trip). He's had hard times and I admire him for the
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to fans of Coach Trip and also those who enjoy reading about other peoples' travels.

I found the first third a little slow. This section focussed on Brendan's childhood and his faith and I found it a little hard going. After this it picked up and I really enjoyed reading about his adventures.

I really liked the style of writing as it was easy to read and I felt like I could hear Brendan's voice in my mind when I was reading it.

As a warning, about t
Stephen Holman
Being a fan of coach trip I was very much looking forward to reading Brendan's book. I wasn't disappointed it was a great read even though only a small portion of the book is geared towards his coach trip experience. A large part is Brendan's life growing up. I especially liked hearing about his time in leeds, living in West Yorkshire myself. The book is funny as well at times heartbreaking but always interesting. Even if you're not a fan of coach trip If you get the chance to read this please d ...more
It was good to see the background of Brendan's life and his 'adventures' before Coach trip. I found a lot out about him from the book which I wouldn't have ever known out if I hadn't read this autobiography. Only relatively short in length it packs quite a lot of his life and coach trip, including bits that if you follow the series, you'll remember for yourself!
An all round great read about a great chap who will become a British Treasure.
Zara Pemberton
Very enjoyable, massive fan if the series. Could have read faster IG hadn't been ill. I kept hearing Brendan's voice.
Aunty Janet
Coach Trip has been a guilty pleasure of mine since the second series!
The first half of the book details Brendan's life pre- Coach Trip, including the poignant 'love of his life'. The second half covers the Coach Trip years, with enough juicy details to keep a fan interested, whilst still being discreet. A lovely reminder of the various seasons, including the Celebrity Coach Trips.
An absolutely incredible book! It was so nice to see the man behind what we only see on Coach Trip, with his fabulous stories of his childhood and travelling life. It combines both his cheerful, bubbly character and a softer side as we see his experiences. The book made me laugh and cry and I would strongly recommend it to everyone, even if you haven't seen the show Coach Trip.
When I received this book as a gift I wondered why my friend had bought it for me.i have to say I am so glad she did! This book had me laughing and crying. Wonderfully written, it captures all the personality of Brendan and his enthusiasm not just for coach trip but for life.
What an interesting bloke. Had me in tears at one point.
Ros marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Rebecca Allen
Rebecca Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015