A Coach Trip Adventure: My Life. Brendan Sheerin

A Coach Trip Adventure: My Life. Brendan Sheerin

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This is the autobiography of Brendan Sheerin, tour guide star of Channel 4's teatime show 'Coach Trip'.
Published September 1st 2011 by Michael O'Mara Books

Pauline
We all love Brendan.
Jules
This autobiography is so pleasant to read as it tells the story of a life that is lived with some candour and charm.

Brendan Sheerin is an unlikely celebrity who was launched from obscurity into the realm of the Coach Trip reality series – a cult and celebrated British television show where he acts as coach guide whilst taking competing passengers around Europe and beyond.

Television career aside, Sheerin tells an extraordinary story of an otherwise very ordinary life. He writes about his humble...more
Becky
I love watching Coach Trip on TV and Brendan always makes me laugh. I got weirdly excited when I saw this book in the library and knew I had to read it. Finally the chance to get to know the man of the coach better.
this book is perfect for anyone who loves the show. It goes right back to his childhood, where he grew up, the people he's met and the adventures he's had.
Brendan has had quite an exciting life and has traveled a lot (before Coach Trip). He's had hard times and I admire him for the...more
Sheli
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to fans of Coach Trip and also those who enjoy reading about other peoples' travels.

I found the first third a little slow. This section focussed on Brendan's childhood and his faith and I found it a little hard going. After this it picked up and I really enjoyed reading about his adventures.

I really liked the style of writing as it was easy to read and I felt like I could hear Brendan's voice in my mind when I was reading it.

As a warning, about t...more
Stephen Holman
Being a fan of coach trip I was very much looking forward to reading Brendan's book. I wasn't disappointed it was a great read even though only a small portion of the book is geared towards his coach trip experience. A large part is Brendan's life growing up. I especially liked hearing about his time in leeds, living in West Yorkshire myself. The book is funny as well at times heartbreaking but always interesting. Even if you're not a fan of coach trip If you get the chance to read this please d...more
Tracey
What an absolutely brilliant book. I've watched Coach Trip for a while now and loved Brendan and his witty comments and his knowledge of all the places they visit. I had no idea about his private life though ( why should i) What a remarkable man. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but you al must buy this book.. To think to that he used to have a cottage on the outskirts of Scarborough, a tiny village called Flixton... My Auntie has had a farm there for almost 50 years!!!

Sandy
It was good to see the background of Brendan's life and his 'adventures' before Coach trip. I found a lot out about him from the book which I wouldn't have ever known out if I hadn't read this autobiography. Only relatively short in length it packs quite a lot of his life and coach trip, including bits that if you follow the series, you'll remember for yourself!
An all round great read about a great chap who will become a British Treasure.
Zara Pemberton
Very enjoyable, massive fan if the series. Could have read faster IG hadn't been ill. I kept hearing Brendan's voice.
Aunty Janet
Coach Trip has been a guilty pleasure of mine since the second series!
The first half of the book details Brendan's life pre- Coach Trip, including the poignant 'love of his life'. The second half covers the Coach Trip years, with enough juicy details to keep a fan interested, whilst still being discreet. A lovely reminder of the various seasons, including the Celebrity Coach Trips.
Aimee
An absolutely incredible book! It was so nice to see the man behind what we only see on Coach Trip, with his fabulous stories of his childhood and travelling life. It combines both his cheerful, bubbly character and a softer side as we see his experiences. The book made me laugh and cry and I would strongly recommend it to everyone, even if you haven't seen the show Coach Trip.
Jenna
When I received this book as a gift I wondered why my friend had bought it for me.i have to say I am so glad she did! This book had me laughing and crying. Wonderfully written, it captures all the personality of Brendan and his enthusiasm not just for coach trip but for life.
Sean
I am lucky I got this book at a cheap price because the first half is all about Brendans sexuality - Yawn! There must be more to Brendan than why he is gay? So if you want to be bored - go ahead (ha-ha)
eReader1UK
Rubbish is the only word for this book. I loved the TV show but the book is more about Brendan telling us how well he has done for himself than it is about coach trip. Save your money
Kirsty
What an interesting bloke. Had me in tears at one point.
Dave
Dave is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Louise
Louise added it
May 06, 2014
Les Currie
Les Currie is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2014
Toadhall
Toadhall marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Kevin H
Kevin H marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Castashadow
Castashadow marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014