Start by marking “A Lady's Charade” as Want to Read:
A Lady's Charade

Read Excerpt

A Lady's Charade (The Rules of Chivalry #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
From across a field of battle, English knight, Alexander, Lord Hardwyck, spots the object of his desire-and his conquest, Scottish traitor Lady Chloe. Her lies could be her undoing... Abandoned across the border and disguised for her safety, Chloe realizes the man who besieged her home in Scotland has now become her savior in England. Her life in danger, she vows to keep h ...more
Published August 6th 2011 by Createspace (first published June 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Lady's Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lady's Charade

Kimbers10
Jul 29, 2011 Kimbers10 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[I received a copy of this novel from the author as a review copy.]

Definitely a great romance novel! I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I love when an author brings “new” characters into historical fiction novels. So many hist. fict. books are about well known people in history (not that it’s a bad thing!!) but it’s cool to hear from the perspective on the time period from the eyes of someone new, even if they are a completely fictional character.
I was immediately drawn to Chloe. She’s a stron
~E~ Riverina Romantics
3.5 Stars

Check out my blog www.riverinaromantics.blogspot.com

At the start of the story Chloe arrives back home to Scotland after her travels abroad. She is told she is to marry one of her father’s men – a significantly older, meaner man who she has no interest in what so ever. So that was a major downer, until sexy English Knight, Alexander is told by the King that he is to take over Chloe’s fathers land by whatever means necessary and once done – he will secure Chloe (unwillingly) as a wife.

A
Nancy Weeks
Jun 18, 2013 Nancy Weeks rated it it was amazing
I loved A Lady's Charade. Wonderful characters and plot. Just love Eliza Knight!
Alexia Chantel
Sep 27, 2011 Alexia Chantel rated it liked it
The story of Alexander and Chloe is a sweet classic romance. A valiant knight doing his duty, a beautiful lady in need of rescue and all of it taking place in a scenic countryside.

Alexander is just the kind of man you would want to be forced to marry. Despite being less than enthusiastic about the idea of marrying, once he sees Chloe he starts to loose his heart.

Chloe is a proper lady suddenly finding her self-needing to become a very good liar. Afraid for her life she refuses to give into Ale
Romancing the Book
Nov 19, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
Review by Sarah L: After reading the initial blurb of the book I must say I was intrigued with the story line and looked forward to diving in. Unfortunately after the initial attack on the keep I struggled to stay focused . However, once Alexander saves Chloe about 100 pages in, things finally picked up and I started to feel more of a connection with the characters. The remaining two-thirds of the story held some unexpected twists and turns which were a complete shock. Kudos to Ms. Knight becaus ...more
Carol
Jul 08, 2012 Carol rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a light-hearted, entertaining story of love and family feuds. It is a good, light summer read. I definitely would put the emphasis more on the romance part of it instead of the historical fiction, though I believe the setting is key. As someone who does not usually read these types of romance novels, I still enjoyed it for the change in style and that it still did give me the taste of something historical. (Modern day romance stories like this would not interest me.)

Knight has readers pu
Gail Thompson
Jan 07, 2014 Gail Thompson rated it really liked it
I like books with feisty heroines, and this book certainly delivered. A little predictable in places but entertaining. Full of humour and fast of pace, it was a great read for a miserable rainy day.
Ficfangirl
Apr 09, 2013 Ficfangirl rated it did not like it
I was surprised at the inconsistency of the characters, incorrect word usage, and other errors in the book. If you're looking for any historical accuracy, don't look here. It was also very repetitious. Overall, I was disappointed.
Rachel
Sep 14, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
Pretty steamy sex scenes... But everything else was much too mediocre. Unoriginal plot and characters, and too much anachronistic language. The sex was definitely the highlight.
Tina
Mar 11, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story. It's nice every once in awhile to get back to my roots of historical romance. This was definitely a good book to do it with.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Oct 13, 2013 Kat Valencia-Benitez rated it really liked it
Hot and romantic!
PT
PT marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Patti Clift
Patti Clift rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
josie Felton
josie Felton is currently reading it
May 20, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Leah
Leah added it
May 05, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Diane Sullivan
Diane Sullivan rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
ANN COLANDER
ANN COLANDER is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
sharon lemire
sharon lemire rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
BARBARA L. MULLINS
BARBARA L. MULLINS rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
deborah crnkovic
deborah crnkovic is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2016
marianne campisi
marianne campisi rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Bridget
Bridget rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Natalie Hayden
Natalie Hayden rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Ruby Stock
Ruby Stock rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
  • Heartsight
  • Highland Legacy
  • Bold (The Handfasting, #1)
  • Highland Princess (Isles/Templars #1)
  • Dreams Of Destiny (Scottish Dreams, #3)
  • Bound to a Warrior (The Warrior King, #1)
  • Shadow of Reality (An Elizabeth & Richard Mystery #1)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Highlander Reborn
  • Vampires: Three Novels
  • Back to School (Winning Sarah's Heart Serial, #1)
  • The Grey Tier: A Dead Celeb Mystery
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Bound for Pleasure (1Night Stand, #32)
  • Ember's Curse (Prime Wolf, #1)
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more
More about Eliza Knight...

The Rules of Chivalry (2 books)
  • A Knight's Victory