Start by marking “Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and the Awakening of Kundalini” as Want to Read:

When we eat, can we feed the soul as well as the body? Can a diet have an impact on spirituality? Spiritual Nutrition empowers readers to develop personal diets that are appropriate to their lifestyles and spiritual practices. Drawing on 14 years of clinical experience and research, Dr. Gabriel Cousens discusses nutritional issues that can help answer these questions, incl ...more
Published March 11th 2005 by North Atlantic Books (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Nutrition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Nutrition

Summer Bock, Holistic Nutrition & Herbs
This is the basis for everything I think and do in regards to nutrition. I am totally inspired by Gabriel and want to get my Masters degree in Vegan and Live-Food Nutrition at his center in Arizona.
Tami
May 16, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
Becoming a vegetarian, eating certain foods, or fasting is not going to lead you instantly to enlightenment. Awakening the Kundalini, reaching enlightenment, examining ones spirituality are paths that can take lifetimes worth of work or can spontaneously occur through grace. With that said, there are certain things that you can do that can facilitate the process.

Spiritual Nutrition sets out six foundations that help purify the system and ease the natural progress of one’s spirituality: nutritio
Jolanta
Jul 13, 2010 Jolanta rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
This book was not what I thought it would be. It covers so many interesting topics around meditation, body energies, shakras, etc, that it doesn't go into any one topic very well. I was hoping for some dietary guidance, but realized that this book was WAY OUT THERE. If you're interested in any of these new age concepts, I would recommend getting a book on just that concept. I did not finish this one, nor do I have any plans to do so.
Cy
One of the most amazing and truly holistic discussions of nutrition I have ever come across. Shaped the trajectory of my raw foodist journey forevermore.
Sonali
Jan 29, 2008 Sonali rated it it was amazing
A must have for all integrated wellness practitioners and enthusiasts!!
Sky Feather
Nov 09, 2013 Sky Feather rated it really liked it
The reason I rated this book with 4 stars is because in almost any page the author make reference about the kabbalistic religion and customs in a way that sets the reader away from the title of the book (spiritual nutrition, not religious). Plus, it's a bit "new-agey"..

Another reason is because of how the author chooses to talk about the psychoactive substances, mentions them altogether in the same category. There are Sacred Plants the importance of which is recognised since thousands of years f
Becca
Sep 03, 2009 Becca is currently reading it
I've been using it as a reference book, not a cover to cover book. Very interesting and of course makes complete sense to look at the way we nourish ourselves.
Rhapsody Phoenix
Jan 28, 2016 Rhapsody Phoenix rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book though I must say it is not to be rushed rather read and process and read and process etc, etc, etc.
Philipe
Philipe rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Madeleine
Madeleine rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Britt Shailaja
Britt Shailaja rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
MATT BOGUSZ
MATT BOGUSZ rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
Andi
Andi rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2012
Lia
Lia rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Donna Broughton
Donna Broughton rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Jessica J Enman
Jessica J Enman rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Richard Husovsky
Richard Husovsky rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Tristan
Tristan rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Kytka Hilmar-Jezek
Kytka Hilmar-Jezek rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
Life Force Books
Life Force Books rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Matt Neputin
Matt Neputin rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2017
Michael Lloyd-Billington
Michael Lloyd-Billington rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Alan
Alan rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2007
Egyirba
Egyirba rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
James
James rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Carlos Santos
Carlos Santos rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Maria Stava
Maria Stava rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Your Inner Physician and You: CranoioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release
  • Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters
  • Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health
  • Eating for Beauty
  • Detox for Women: An All New Approach for a Sleek Body and Radiant Health in 4 Weeks
  • Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Rejuvenation
  • Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within
  • The Fruitful Darkness: A Journey Through Buddhist Practice and Tribal Wisdom
  • Awake in the World: Teachings from Yoga and Buddhism for Living an Engaged Life
  • Die Wise: A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul
  • Embracing the Beloved: Relationship as a Path of Awakening
  • Great Eastern Sun: The Wisdom of Shambhala
  • Kundalini Rising: Exploring the Energy of Awakening
  • 21st Century Yoga: Culture, Politics, and Practice
  • Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
  • Shadow Dance
  • The Mirror of Yoga: Awakening the Intelligence of Body and Mind
  • The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention

“Using this same principle, we can also use specific gems or gem elixirs to energize and rebalance the individual chakras. Dark opal and tiger's eye help to rebalance the base chakra. Fire agate works on the second chakra. The solar plexus and third chakra are aided by quartz and pearl. Ruby and emerald stimulate the heart chakra. Lapis lazuli is good for the throat chakra. Quartz resonates with both the pituitary and pineal glands, or sixth and seventh chakras. Diamond is beneficial for the crown chakra.18” 2 likes
“In the process of assimilation, the crystalline vibration of food interacts with our total oscillating crystalline system. Anyone familiar with the science of kinesiology (muscle testing) knows that when a specific food substance is brought within the body's vibratory field, it may immediately weaken, strengthen, or not appreciably affect the person.” 1 likes