A Season in the Highlands (Bad Luck Brides, #3)

A Season in the Highlands (Bad Luck Brides #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  678 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Love that grows among the heather is enchanted indeed...blessed with the misty magic and timeless passion of fair Scotland!

New York Times bestselling author Jude Deveraux unravels a ghostly murder mystery in an ancient Scottish castle.

National bestselling author Jill Barnett decrees all is fair in love -- when a rollicking Highland clan war leads an impetuous lass to kid

Published December 1st 2000 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about A Season in the Highlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season in the Highlands

Amy Watt
The 3 stars is what I think was the overall average rating of the book but each story was different.

Jude Deveraux – Unfinished Business
2 out of 5 stars
I knew I’d get fed up with this story from the first paragraph. Jude Deveraux over-described everything. Seriously, most of the time I was sat there like ‘Just get on with it already!’.
When I read the description about this story I thought that it would be alright. And it would have been.
If it weren’t for the main characters.
Tyler was described...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This was a surprising book that picked up because I like Jude Deveraux. It is one of the books that have 5 short stories by different authors and most have a theme of some sort. This one is the highlands of Scotland. The first story was Jude Deveraux’s and was well done. I eagerly started on the other stories in the book, because I never had read the authors and the blurbs made them promising. They were all great short stories! In these combination books there are maybe one really good one, two-...more
Terri
Fall From Grace by Jill Barnett is one of my all-time favorite stories. Pure madcap fun!
Kimberly
Another series with Deveraux and some new authors to get to know. "Fall From Grace" by Jill Barnett was the standout in this book. This story made me laugh out loud! Grace McNish is a fun character who leads a inept band of highland outlaws to fight against the evil McNab tribe. McNabs the sworn enemy who have stolen lives, food and security from Grace's tribe must pay. Grace a spirited girl with a big heart captures Colin who she believes is the enemy she can't resist but is actually an ally se...more
Jodi
I have a hard time getting into short stories and for some reason Scottish ones are even harder for me. But I really wanted to read the Bad Luck Bride story that was a part of this collection.
Nancynova
abxc 4/11; Lovely book of 5 short stories, all set in the Scottish Highlands. The second was my favorite - hilarious misadventures of a family capturing the wrong hostage for ransom.
Leilani
Bored so bored. It took me days to read this short story and I almost quit on the last 30 pages and I think it is only 100 to begin with. I only read the Patricia Cabot story.
Freckles
Jude Deveraux - * * * *
Jill Barnett - * * * * * I loved this one!
Geralyn Dawson - * * *
Patricia Cabot - * * * *
Pam Binder - * * * and 1/2*
Beth
This book is 5 short stories that I really enjoyed. They're spicy and romantic and just all around entertaining. A very good quick read.
Mary
I liked the first two stories the best! I like reading short stories in one book to change up what I am reading every now and then.
Monica
I loved Jude Deveraux's and Geralyn Dawson's stories best. Very nice collection of Highland stores.
I read these books mostly in highschool but they were fun with spunky heroines and handsome rogues.
Tami Greaney
I'm not sure if I even read all of the stories, I bought it for Jude Deveraux, whom I adore
Niki
I always love Jude Deveraux's books because they are fast, fun and easy to read romances.
Samantha
Each story in this book was very good. I loved reading this book.
Jessica
I actually liked "Fall from Grace" the best... it was the funniest.
Surly
Dec 27, 2009 Surly added it
The Christmas Captive
re-read in 2004 by accident
Sharon Sherman
This was a fun read. Oh, I do love Scotish tales.
Ning
อ่านเฉพาะ Unfinished Business
จากเรื่อง "วิญญาณสื่อรัก"
Susan
JD, JB, GD all prtty gd but didn't finish bk
Jennifer McMurrain
All great stories, some made me laugh out loud.
K
Nice book to take a break with!
Carol Anderson
Bad Luck Brides series #3
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Tarah
Tarah added it
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sophy
Sophy marked it as to-read
Bad Luck Brides #3 1 1 Aug 13, 2014 11:02AM
  • A Holiday of Love (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • Portrait Of My Heart
  • Under the Boardwalk: A Dazzling Collection of All New Summertime Love Stories
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Scottish Brides
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • A Christmas Ball (Includes: Nvengaria, #4)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo...more
More about Jude Deveraux...
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon Highland Velvet The Velvet Promise Velvet Angel