Start by marking “Natural Fibers, Plastics And Composites” as Want to Read:
Natural Fibers, Plastics And Composites

Natural Fibers, Plastics And Composites

2. NANOPARTICLES IN A POLYMERIC MATRIX 346 2. 1 Classical Methods to Prepare Nanocomposites 348 2. 2 Other Methods to Prepare Nanocomposite Materials 350 3. NANOCOMPOSITES WITH NATURAL POLYMERS 351 3. 1 Materials and Processes 352 3. 2 Nanocomposites for Bioplastic Applications 353 3. 2. 1 Clay Modification 354 3. 2. 2 Processing 354 3. 2. 3 Analysis 355 3. 2. 4 Manufactur ...more
Published October 31st 2003 by Springer (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Fibers, Plastics And Composites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Fibers, Plastics And Composites

Camille McCarthy
Dec 30, 2012 Camille McCarthy rated it it was ok
I'm very interested in this subject so I've been trying to read this book for months but it is just a series of papers from various journals stuck together and most of the writing is so dry that I really couldn't focus on it. Of course it's good for anyone who is interested in the subject and gave me a better idea of what is feasible for using natural materials in engineering applications but it is definitely not an easy or exciting read.
Flannery
Jun 19, 2007 Flannery rated it it was amazing
Do yourself a favor and just skip to Chapter 5. I was flipping through this at the dentist's office and thinking about my life and where it's going and what I want to do when I came to chapter 5. At that moment, it was like a switch was flicked. Everything fell into place.

I'd like to meet the author of chapter 5 and shake his or her hand and buy them a pony.
noisy penguin
Jun 19, 2007 noisy penguin rated it it was amazing
This is the only source I turn to when I need information on Keratin Fiber Nonwovens for Erosion Control, which is extensively covered in Chapter 5. Everything else out there is just crap. I tried a method from another book and man, let me tell you, there was NO control of my erosion WHATSOEVER. Another book suggested I use a Keratin Fiber WOVEN. HA! Like that would work.
Ali
Jun 17, 2007 Ali rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
i give this book 5 stars, even though i've never read it. but i co-authored one chapter: "Keratin Fiber Nonwovens for Erosion Control."

CHAPTER 5 RULES!

i'd buy myself a copy if it didn't cost one hundred and sixty fucking dollars.
Joanne
Jun 21, 2007 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
chapter 5 is a real page turner. I can't wait until the author of Ch. 5 publishes a full book herself. It made the whole book worth reading.
Morris
Jun 18, 2007 Morris rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Once I got to chapter 5, I just couldn't put it down!1!!!!111!!!!! Then 6 came along and I lost intrest altogether.
JoAnn
Jun 18, 2007 JoAnn rated it it was amazing
Chapter 5 explained so much to me! The other chapters were eh, okay, but #5 was the best!
Bethany
Jun 20, 2007 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, but I heard the author of chapter 5 is a ho.
Nguyen Thi
Nguyen Thi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Rocky
Rocky added it
Mar 10, 2013
Bdido
Bdido marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Samhita
Samhita marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
CF NAYZ
CF NAYZ marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2016