Start by marking “L'uomo in vetrina” as Want to Read:
L'uomo in vetrina

L'uomo in vetrina (Oslo Detectives #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Un venerdì di gennaio cominciato con i riti consueti che da molti anni ormai accompagnano il suo risveglio, Reidar Folke Jespersen decide di mettere ordine nella sua vita. In quel gelido giorno d’inverno, il vecchio antiquario di Oslo deve incontrare molte persone, trattare d’affari e affrontare delicate questioni di famiglia. Ha anche in programma un misterioso rendez-vou ...more
Paperback, Farfalle, 488 pages
Published 2008 by Marsilio (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about L'uomo in vetrina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'uomo in vetrina

Guy
Not exactly action-packed, and a bit more interested in the detectives than in the perpetrators, but a solid, atmospheric, old-fashioned puzzler with complicated relationships and a back-story reaching back to Occupied Norway. For me, the denouement was a little convoluted, but all-in-all a worthy contribution to the Nordic crime genre.
Martina
The man in the window was a mediocre read. It's visible from my rating that the novel didn't provoke much emotion in me. The plot and the idea behind it is interesting, but the main problem for me was the slow pace. The plot unfolded so slowly that it didn't motivate me to keep on reading the book. Not even the underlying motive of WW2 and potential Nazism provided an impetus for reading. With all that said, I felt as if the plot could have been developed better and made more engaging, like in - ...more
Catherine Woodman
I have been on a run of Scandanavian murder mysteries of late, and they are all very good--this is the second book that I have read by this author, and it is a very good mystery--with alot of plot changes, and people not who they at first appear to be. The inspector is a dour, glass-is-half-empty sort of guy who is strangely engaging.
Joje
I always like the scenes where some official (or not) tries to hold off some disaster, as does Gunnarstranda at the end, otherwise there is little suspense in the book, except to see if the possible lovers go somewhere with it, as often as not.
The irony that follows the repeated citation is one subtlety I appreciate, since it ties in something that is a mystery before that, and tying something in is rare enough in this understated world of understated characters. Even the final explanation fits
Mark

I used to think that Germany was the main place tortured by its Nazi past. But I'm beginning to think Norway runs a close second.

I've read only two Norwegian mysteries so far (the other was Nesbro's Readbreast) and both had the Nazi occupation as an underlying theme. This story recounts the bizarre murder of an antiques dealer who had been a resistance member during the war. Reidar Folke Jespersen's naked body is found propped in his store window with a strange inscription carved into it, stabbe
Susan Levin
Surprisingly fun read. I am not a mystery book fan but this was so well written with characters I cared about. This was a " couldn't put down" book that I will happily recommend as a terrific read. Than you, Judith Parker, for this recommendation!
Doug
Another Nowwegian story taking place in Oslo in the winter. Not many warm fuzzy chapters but the story is good. An aging antique dealer is found stabbed to death and sitting in a chair in the window of his store. AS Frolich and Gunnarstranda investigate they encounter a family that has many secrets and conflicts. But as the story develops WWII and the conflicts between Germany and Norway and the people of both countries becomes a factor in solving the crime.

One thing I find interesting when read
Linda
This book is by Norway's award-winning crime novelist. It isn't exactly action packed, but it had interesting twists and turns and I enjoyed it.
Karen
An entertaining read, like the main characters, would read more in this series.
Gina
Good mystery set in Oslo, Norway. Two police detectives seek the killer of an aging antique dealer. Several good suspects provide them with a challenging investigation. They include his much younger wife, a resentful son, two jealous younger brothers, his wife's lover, and a disturbed taxi driver.
Amanda
Love a Norwegian murder mystery set in Oslo during the middle of winter. It has all the elements i love, detectives with private lives and a slowly evolving partnership, murder suspects with lovers and secrets and of course, if an old bloke is involved, inevitably,WW2 also becomes a factor.
Janet Cross
Set in Olso – This is the second Frolich and Gunnarstranda mystery (after last months reading of The Fourth Man). This time they are investigating the murder of Reidar Jesperson and just about everyone could have done it, including his brothers’ dog that he kicked earlier that day.
Emilywenzel
This book was alright. Very suspenseful, Which I loved! However, the beginning was pretty confusing and basically made me not want to read the book! I finish it though, And I'm glad I did, because it was amazing!
Sharron
This is my second mystery by this particular author and I enjoyed it enough that I would read the others in this series assuming they are translated into English. Happily, it was much better than his first.
WR
I liked this better than The Fourth Man by the same author. Started a little slow, but got pretty gripping about halfway through. I liked the layers in the plot, peeling back mystery after embedded mystery..
Adam Wilson
A fantastic slice of Norwegian crime fiction. Thoroughly enjoyed this book which offers excellent characterisation and a sense of place that is to me akin to the great Henning Mankell.
Joe Moffa
Another fine entry in the seemingly endless series of excellent mysteries with Scandinavian settings. Maybe it's those long winter nights. In any case, I plan to read more in this series.
Troels Giversen
Rigtigt godt indtryk af Kjell Ola Dahl - spændingen opretholdt til sidste side. Jeg vender bestemt tilbage il denne serie.
Kimberly
this was my least favorite of Dahl's thriller. just dragged on too much and I wasn't really interested in any of the characters.
Trine
I like the way he writes - I did like the first book better though, this one felt a bit overcomplicated at times
Al Stoess
Comnvoluted. Some good parts. Good summary at one point. Not ass good as other Norwegian writers.
Linny
nothing like The 4th Man, repetitious and jammed it all at the end with little in the way of clues
Leah Bellamy
A bit slow to get going, then it seemed to be all over in a flash at the end.
Salvatore
Very good read with a twisted ending.
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Ema_magic
Ema_magic is currently reading it
Amy Bartleson balcam
Amy Bartleson balcam marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jogi.Book
Jogi.Book marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
  • The Hand That Trembles (Ann Lindell, #8)
  • The Torso (Inspector Huss #3)
  • A Raiz do Ódio
  • The Caller
  • Dregs (William Wisting #6)
  • Never End (Inspector Winter, #4)
  • Münsters Fall (Inspector Van Veeteren #6)
  • Misterioso (A-gruppen, #1)
  • Dødens drabanter
  • Frozen Moment (Christian Tell, #1)
  • Blodtåke (Henning Juul #3)
  • Furðustrandir (Inspector Erlendur #11)
  • Cold Comfort (Officer Gunnhilder #2)
Born in 1958, Dahl's first novel was published in 1993. He is best known for his series about Oslo detectives Frank Frølich and Inspector Gunnarstranda.

Also publishes as K.O. Dahl
More about Kjell Ola Dahl...

Oslo Detectives (8 books)
  • Lethal Investments
  • The Last Fix
  • Lügenmeer (Gunnarstranda & Frølich, #4)
  • The Fourth Man
  • Wraakengel
  • De vrouw in plastic
  • Il corpo di ghiaccio
The Fourth Man The Last Fix Lethal Investments De vrouw in plastic Lügenmeer (Gunnarstranda & Frølich, #4)