Start by marking “El Héroe: Libro 1 (El Héroe, #1)” as Want to Read:
El Héroe: Libro 1 (El Héroe, #1)

El Héroe: Libro 1 (El Héroe #1)

Los mitos heroicos tienen algo que nos atrapa. Sus héroes resuelven con valor los grandes peligros a los que se enfrentan, pero la batalla del héroe es ante todo un viaje iniciático para comprenderse a sí mismo. La batalla de los héroes es un reflejo de las inquietudes humanas. Nos sirven para comprender el comportamiento humano.
Prudencia, capacidad de renovación, honestid
Published April 2011 by Astiberri Ediciones (first published February 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about El Héroe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El Héroe

Stewart Tame
Oct 10, 2015 Stewart Tame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Why have I not heard of David Rubin before? He draws like a cross between Mark Hempel and Paul Pope. It's gorgeous! He has a wonderfully expressive line that makes his characters look cartoony, but not too much so. And the story! So what we have is a loose adaptation of the story of Hercules, set more or less in a fantasy riff on the present day. It's interesting to compare this to O-DY-C (or however it's spelled), the series that Matt Fraction did adapting the Odyssey into a ...more
Marc Pastor
Jun 16, 2015 Marc Pastor rated it it was amazing
Mare de Zeus Senyor, quin prodigi.
Don Witzel
Feb 13, 2016 Don Witzel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Very good take on Heracles. Artwork is amazing. Story is nothing new but well executed.I had trouble putting book down. Some surprise cameos. I ordered Vol 2 already. *Mature readers*
Kiwinyx
Aug 03, 2015 Kiwinyx rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I really wanted to like this book more but I'm thinking it has too many flaws to raise it above an average read at best. The artwork is some of the best in this genre that I have seen and the mash-up of ancient Greece and modern living is highly original and enjoyable. I just felt that it allowed the story to become confused in places and the background of Heracles, Eurystheus and some of the other minor characters was left open and I guess the author expected the reader to already know this ...more
Robin Stevens
May 09, 2016 Robin Stevens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when you thought there was nothing new to do to myths ... This is a simply incredible reinterpretation of the legend of Hercules. It's extremely gory (I'm still reeling from some choice panels) and incredibly smart in its use of modern technology and superhero culture to tell a very old story. 16+ at least.

Camilo Guerra
Jan 19, 2015 Camilo Guerra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
Es como tomar coca-cola en un día de mucha calor...sientes que te estalla, que te refresca, que la bendices.

Una historia solida,rápida y sin permisos, con un dibujo sumamente dinámico que nos muestra los mitos de Hercules con un prisma cargado de modernidad y promete una segunda parte mas oscura. Gran,Gran lectura. Lo pueden encontrar en LIBRERIA NACIONAL .
Antonio Iglesias
Nov 07, 2016 Antonio Iglesias rated it really liked it
Brillante adaptación del mito griego de los 12 trabajos de Heracles. Rubín sigue en esencia la historia del mito griego pero añade elementos extemporaneos, sin que impidan que la historia funcione perfectamente.
Ricardo Baptista
Mar 08, 2012 Ricardo Baptista rated it liked it
Os heróis gregos têm destas coisas, são muito dados a longos poemas épicos com determinadas convenções: embates repetitivos com criaturas fantásticas e à vitória inevitável.
É engraçado que Herácles ou Hércules seja só lembrado pelos seus feitos e não pelos eventos que o marcam como herói trágico.
David Rubín explica-nos logo na primeira página ao que vem, uma criança (substituto do autor ou ele mesmo) lê um dos antigos comics de Jack Kirby e sonha com um dia fazer algo assim.
Esta é a carta de
Corey
May 22, 2016 Corey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The labors of Hercules (or Heracles) is a story I've seen told in so many ways, and I want to love this retelling, but I couldn't. The liberties taken within the telling of each task hurt me the same way as a movie or tv series does when it veers too far from the story of a book. Key moments from the legends are changed or disregarded with no improvement on the original.

Now, before I make everyone who enjoyed this book angry, I realize the artist had a vision for this story and it was his prero
Oscar Salas
Nov 12, 2011 Oscar Salas rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Fresco, algo irreverente (en verdad poco), ante todo apasionado, es el método (que no el estilo) con que Rubín reversiona de manera subjetiva el mito de Heracles.

Es sorprendente a veces, repetitivo en otras, algo laxo en su narrativa pero estimulante en el uso de la cinética en la puesta en página. Ciertamente, el modo de plasmar el movimiento está casi a niveles poéticos por momentos. Casi no hay tiempo para fijarse en el gutter.

Y por lo mismo, el equilibrio entre prosa e ilustración en este vo
Rodolfo Schmauk
Feb 27, 2014 Rodolfo Schmauk rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, comic
Esperaba bastante más, considerando las reseñas que leí. El dibujo y la narración es dinámica, muy de "animación", pero la historia me pareció pobre. Es una enumeración de pruebas, y falta emoción al proceso de superarlas. Muchas incluso son casi un Deus ex Machina, pero sin siquiera aprovechar el hecho que en ese mundo los dioses sí pueden participar e incidir (por ejemplo en la prueba del ciervo, en la que Hércules realmente no hace nada para que pase lo que finalmente sucedió, fue una ...more
Angel
Aug 01, 2016 Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel is beautiful drawn with pretty minimal story telling with words. Modern mixes with the expected Greek mythology in a bit of re-telling. Rubin does an amazing job weaving the story of Heracles, destined to be "The Hero," and his struggle through twelve seemingly impossible challenges. Born as a bastard child, he is at the whim of his brother, Eurystheus, who grows to become a cruel tyrant.

I was not expecting such a wonderful mix between modern (ex: buses, cell phones, magazine
Michael (Mai)
Jan 18, 2016 Michael (Mai) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Why I read it:The number one reason why I picked it up is the art. Open to any page and bask in its beauty. The page I happened to turn to had a man (who turned out to be Hercules) in an Apollo clothing line ad. Myth combined with modern? Sign me up.

What I thought: Honestly, David Rubin could have told me anything with that sleek, clean art and I would have loved it. Barry Trotter, Harry Potter parody? Yeah. I still would have loved it.

David Rubin has such a unique and clean style. He uses a lot
Mouse
Aug 22, 2016 Mouse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I initially picked this up at the library because my kid loves the old Greek myths and so do I. I had it for several weeks before I really took a look at it and ruled that it wasn't for him. I also was a little 'turned off' by the art and thought about just taking it back to the library.

Well...I'm glad I didn't! It was a pleasant surprise and a very fun book!

I don't really understand the time-frame in the book, but it's mostly Heracles (Hercules) in modern times with cell phones, computers, cam
Vince
Sep 01, 2015 Vince rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm hovering between a 3 and a 4 for this, the artwork was amazing, I won't deny that but the story on the other hand. I'm a sucker for myth retellings and this was really good, but I keep getting hung up on the weird anachronistic things. I wouldn't care if it was firmly rooted in it, but modern tech just seems to appear when it makes for a good image or an easier way to express something. I mean yes, it's great that Heracles puts on "Heroes" by David Bowie on his iPod at one point, but in one ...more
Drown Hollum
Jul 07, 2015 Drown Hollum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the terribly disappointing ODY-C, The Hero by David Rubin is an excellent breath of Greek-mythological fresh air. It's a unique, bizarre retelling of the story of Heracles, with odd, modern/futuristic props. The world building doesn't quite keep up with the style, but the whole thing is a lot of easy-to-read fun. The cartooning is expressive, with a gorgeous, poppy color palette, and the writing never gets in the way of the familiar and comfortable narrative. This book is pretty ...more
Unai
Jan 21, 2013 Unai rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Revisión de las pruebas de Heracles, con una forma inusual de situarlo, pasado clásico con elementos modernos y el concepto de superheroe. Casi 300 paginas que se leen casi sin darte cuenta, con muchos guiños, personajes conocidos en otros ámbitos y atrevido en muchas viñetas, lo mismo sea para tener a Teseo y Heracles en moto, que a la hora de usar el lazo de wondar woman para un poco de bondage con la amazona.
Estibaliz79
Aug 24, 2013 Estibaliz79 rated it really liked it
Primer volumen de la interesante revisión de los "Doce Trabajos de Hércules" y el mito que rodea al héroe clásico a manos de David Rubín. Una novela gráfica parca en palabras pero plena de contenido, en la que la combinación de elementos modernos, cuando no futuristas, con la tradición griega, da como resultado una historia ágil y que llega fácilmente al lector.
En breve, la segunda entrega.
Por cierto, esta primera es un 4 1/2 :)
Feather Mista
Oct 01, 2011 Feather Mista rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Iconoclastas y buscaventuras
Recommended to Feather by: Pinta
Dibujos recontra expresivos y dinámicos, ideas divertidas y deconstrarrecontraconstruyentes. Me quedé con ganas de leer más pero también de sacar más. Potencialmente el libro me pareció genial pero en la práctica me entretuvo y agradó sin llegar a sobrepasar los límites de la maravilla. Eso sí, cuando esté el dos, seguro me le lanzo.
Kristin
Nov 27, 2015 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful art. lackluster story. The setting starts out looking like ancient Greece, then drops in contemporary comics and vehicles and sci-fi technology without any explanation and sprinkles in a few sexually graphic panels in an otherwise PG story. Thematic whiplash never looked so good, though.
Erika
Oct 07, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Are we the masters of our own universe or merely puppets of destiny? Fight, toil, and give them Hell! This is what I call a page turner full of remembered ideas revisited from a clever point of view. Truly beautiful.
Angela
Jun 29, 2016 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Overall, I enjoyed the book. The book (and art) art is created by the man who drew Battling Boy and I enjoy the expression, coloring, and perspective. It was a little shocking at times and the modern parts felt a little odd but overall it was entertaining.
Dimity Monroe
Nov 04, 2015 Dimity Monroe rated it it was ok
I read this in English.
Loved the illustrations and the melding of modern with Greek antiquity, but I was bothered because I know Hercules had a lot of boyfriends so was AT LEAST an avid bisexual, and that isn't mentioned once. Shame.
Britt
Dec 23, 2015 Britt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! I was familiar with a lot of the mythology (thanks, Rick Riordan!), but the illustrations were really cool, and made some not so new to me stories feel fresh. I REALLY liked the amazons. 3 stars. I'd check out the sequel.
Fred
Jul 06, 2016 Fred rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastical retelling of the story of Heracles by the Spanish writer/artist David Rubín. The art is the best part - fluid shapes, advancing the story, vibrant colors. For a retelling, are nods to modernization, but I was left wanting a bit more depth of character to make the payoff greater.
Tarina
Jun 19, 2016 Tarina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So freaking weird. I couldn't tell which century or universe this even took place in. The story was compelling enough to keep me reading and I enjoyed the commentary of mythical heroes, but it was just sooooo weird.
Sardonyx
This was adorable! I loved the artwork and the story is very clever. Looking forward to the next volume!
B.  Barron
I rather enjoyed this. Going to have to go back and refresh my Heracles Mythology knowledge, but it seems to be a pretty fresh take.
Bill
Nov 26, 2015 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
Really interesting interpretation of the Heracles mythos. And, for some reason, the art isn't as annoying as in Battling Boy...
Nere
Mar 01, 2013 Nere rated it it was amazing
Una forma diferente de explicar las doce pruebas de Hércules. Solo Rubín puede darle ese toque divertido, dinámico y actual.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Arrugas
  • Beowulf
  • Le Goût du Chlore
  • Beauty
  • Aama, Vol. 1: The Smell of Warm Dust (Aama, #1)
  • Come prima
  • Notes for a War Story
  • Cinquemila chilometri al secondo
  • La page blanche
  • Rosalie Blum 1
  • Les Quantités négligeables (Le combat ordinaire, #2)
  • Berlin, Vol. 2: City of Smoke
  • The Oven
  • Change de camp (Joséphine, #3)
  • J'aurais adoré être ethnologue
  • Dieu en personne
  • Kobane Calling: Facce, parole e scarabocchi da Rebibbia al confine turco-siriano
  • Blacksad (Blacksad, #1)
Uno de los historietistas españoles más reconocidos en los últimos años (en España, pero también internacionalmente). Es co-fundador del colectivo Polaqia, formado por historietistas de Galicia. Durante sus primeros años como historietista,
More about David Rubín...

El Héroe (2 books)
  • El Héroe: Libro 2  (El Héroe, #2)