Start by marking “Sell More Books! Book Marketing and Publishing for Low Profile and Debut Authors: Rethinking Book Publicity after the Digital Revolutions” as Want to Read:

Can low profile, not-yet-famous authors get published and sell significant numbers of books? These authors say "Yes!" and tell how.

“…a comprehensive guide to marketing a book…[a] well-written, engaging resource that’s loaded with specific tips…. Brimming with creative ideas, Sell More Books! should prove to be a low profile author’s best friend.”

- ForeWord Reviews

Writers
Published (first published May 18th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Sell More Books! Book Marketing and Publishing for Low Profile and Debut Authors

Tracy Krauss
Aug 22, 2011 Tracy Krauss rated it it was amazing
Sell More Books – Book Marketing and Publishing For Low Profile and Debut Authors – Rethinking Book Publicity After the Digital Media Revolutions. There it is. The complete title, including subtitles. Why on earth would anyone want such a long title, anyway? Well, for the answer, read this book! In fact, read this book for every other reason you can think of to address the myriad of questions that the title raises, because - pardon the cliché – this really is a must read for low profile and ...more
K.M. Weiland
Dec 17, 2015 K.M. Weiland rated it really liked it
Most marketing books are pretty much the same verse over and over with perhaps a few new ideas thrown into the mix. While this book is very much in the same vein as most of the best of book marketing advice out there, it’s more thorough and actionable than a lot of it and with a firm focus on marketing offline as well as on. Definitely worth the read and not outdated as yet.
Deborah McCarragher
If you’re looking for a “hands on” practical guide to promoting your first book – look no further! Sell More Books is a resource full of unconventional ways to gain exposure and readership for your unknown book. Regardless of whether or not your book was produced by a traditional publisher or self-published, Sell More Books is a gold mine of tips, solid research and time saving methods for tapping into new marketing techniques.

I can’t wait to incorporate many of these suggestions into my overall
Nancy Stephan
Aug 16, 2011 Nancy Stephan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Steve Miller is a part of my Georgia Writers network, and I attended his workshop this past weekend. I purchased this book (the paperback version) for one reason: it is chock full of tips, ideas, instructions, data, testimonies, etc... on marketing and publishing, and it's invaluable to have access to this information all in one place. I like that Steve collaborates with other noteables, such as John Kremer and Blythe Daniel. "Sell More Books" is a great tool, and I recommend it to anyone ...more
Amanda Stephan
Sep 01, 2011 Amanda Stephan rated it it was amazing
Let's face it. If you're an author, you want to sell books. Whether it's for monetary gain, enrichment for others, gaining exposure, or whatever, the bottom line is that you want to sell books. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But the publishing and book arena has taken a huge hit ~ which isn't news to anyone that has been breathing.

eBooks are taking the industry by storm. Traditional publishers are trying to keep up with the new lower price of eBooks and still trying to sell paperbacks. Self
Deborah McCarragher
Sep 07, 2011 Deborah McCarragher rated it it was amazing

I can’t wait to incorporate many of these suggestions into my overall
April Pastis
Nov 01, 2015 April Pastis rated it really liked it
Valuable information

This book is jam-packed with creative marketing ideas. It covers the gammut from choosing a publisher to social media promotions. The only complaint I have is that it's a little out-of-date. The authors refer the reader to numerous websites and so many of the links are no good (even the book's own url) that I stopped looking up the sources after the fifth chapter. In other words, the book needs a major overhaul. Otherwise, I'd have given it a perfect rating.
Shelley Hitz
Jun 23, 2012 Shelley Hitz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Sell More Books!" is a great resource for authors. It is the type of book you will refer to again and again for new ideas...especially when you feel stuck in your book marketing efforts. I love the appendix, "200+ Ways that Low Profile Authors Can Market their Books" - that lists out tons of creative ideas for authors of all personalities.
Steven Atwood
Apr 28, 2014 Steven Atwood rated it it was amazing
Extremely helpful

I have read a number of book marketing resources over the past year. Most of them regurgitate the same advice with no really actionable advice. This one blew me away. I redid my marketing plan because of this book. If you want to sell books, you have to read this.
Larry Fox
Dec 10, 2015 Larry Fox rated it it was amazing
I needed to develop a long term marketing strategy for my books and this resource was extremely helpful. Especially helpful were the chapters on getting blurbs from influential people and publications, building an online presence including a press/media page and finding alternative locations to promote one’s books. This is an invaluable resource full of ideas and practical advice.
Svetlana
Jan 17, 2016 Svetlana rated it it was amazing
Many great tips and examples

As someone who wrote and published my own book last year, I'm familiar with many tips. But there are also more tips that I was not aware of before. So I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet published a book or has already published one.
Susan  Klopfer
Susan Klopfer rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
John
Mar 19, 2012 John rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Angel Haze
Angel Haze rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Frederick Jones
Frederick Jones rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Gordon
Gordon rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Cherie K.
Cherie K. rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Ann Addley
Jul 31, 2014 Ann Addley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great overview on how to market your books.
Duncan Pham
Duncan Pham rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
C.A.
C.A. rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Jenny Orelle
Jenny Orelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Theresa Franklin
Theresa Franklin rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2011
P.D. Workman (Pamela)
P.D. Workman (Pamela) rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Sid Frost
Sid Frost rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Rebecca Rosenberg
Rebecca Rosenberg rated it did not like it
May 31, 2014
Mark Chandler
Mark Chandler rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016