To Santa With Love

To Santa With Love

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Sometimes You Don't Know What You Need

The holidays are coming. . .and free-spirited Jacquie Grey plans to head west and start a whole new life. Her solo road trip is going great--until she collides with rancher Choya Barnett in Arizona. Good thing that no one's hurt. But she can't afford to fix her car until he proposes hiring her to take care of his little boy and his ho

Published October 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published December 1st 1977)

Shelly
I didn't realize this was first published in '77 until I logged on to review. That explains a lot! Okay, I was mildly entertained. If my daughter were put in this situation, that rancher better be running. Creepy man grabs traveler off the road by holding her car hostage. The couple didn't really seem to have a chance to like or love each other. They seemed destined for divorce court. That chickie had a lot of growing up to do!
Kesha
This book was extremely boring. It wasnt really romantic, at least in my opinion, because Choya and Jacqui didnt have any chemistry. I liked Sam and Robbie.
Jen
Rating: 3.5/5

Oh Choya, how your very name sends me into a fit of immature giggles!
Shh I'm reading!
This story definitely doesn't update well thanks to the characters and some snafus. Here's the list of ways this story is dated.
The characters: Jacquie, the headstrong "plucky" spoiled girl (aka heroine with no sense) out to find herself and Choya, a rugged, widower with a child. He lives by the philosophy, "I wont have a real conversation with you; because its much better to demean you when you so obviously aren't on my level." Part of this is due to the 10+ year age gap between them. Neither...more
Debbie
Sheltered semi spoiled 21 year old Jaquie Grey decides college isn’t for her and against her parents wishes is going to LA to find a job and grow up, however, little Tombstone Arizona got in her way and so did rancher Choya Barnett, literally as she runs her car into his jeep. Now she finds herself with a lost wallet and no way to pay for repairs.
Choya Barnett has no room in his life for a spoiled girl from Dallas especially when she’s captured his small son’s heart and will no doubt break it in...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Jacquie is running. Running from her family, running from monotony and running from herself. She strikes out to LA, the first city that came to mind, and on the way literally runs into Choya. In the form of a car wreck. Now she is stuck in the tiny town of Tombstone, Arizona with no money, no job and now, no car.

Choya really does not want to like the 21 year old Jacquie. She is sheltered, spoiled and asking for trouble with that face and body. having already lost a young wife, Choya isn’t lookin...more
Julie Barrett
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
She takes her foreign car and travels from Texas to LA. She stops in AZ to visit
with a friend that just got married. When she leaves there she runs into a man who
has a little boy with him. The garage will fix her car but it's going to take several
days to even get the parts in. After spending almost all her money from staying at the
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di...more
Julie Barrett
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di...more
Lisa
Typical Romance from Janet Dailey. :) This time involving a motherless little boy and widower dad in Tombstone, Arizona. The 3 meet when Jacquie decides spur of the moment to move (against her parents' wishes) to L.A. and after a visit with her best friend in Bisbee, AZ, becomes involved in wreck with the main male character Choya (& his 7 yr old son Robbie) in Tombstone. In a little unusual twist, there was a backstory regarding Choya's birth mom and also his first marriage that Janet Daile...more
Jenny
The book was ok. I had some 'issues' with the characters, tho. The girl (Jacquie) was portrayed as too wishy-washy and didn't have an independent bone in her body. The character Choya was over-bearing and mean most of the time to Jacquie and I thought he was real arrogant....not a person I would have liked. I thought the son, Robbie, was way too spoiled. He was given into way too easily by all the adults in the story. I enjoyed the grandfather's character, tho. Sam was feisty and added life to t...more
Nocturne Reads
To Santa with Love is a very different romance book for me. There were no steamy sex scenes and it was a bit refreshing for a change. There was so much tension between Jacquie and Choya that at times I wanted to scream at them, but for some reason...I loved it!

Read full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/To-Santa...
Jackie
Was a fun little super quick read. I see now that romances are pretty predictable. Jacquie leaves college and plans to move to California. On the way she has a car accident with a rancher and of course they fall for each other. He has a son who really likes Jacquie and she doesn't want to break his heart if it doesn't work out.
Mum
It's very hard to re-write a story from 1977 in "modern" times with email, cell phones that work pretty much anywhere, and big city adjustments to small towns! It was good, but maybe it could have used 1977 as "current day." It was a slow read.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
I enjoyed this one more then the last but I still felt that the romance needed more and that it was a little rushed (the romance/love story). I loved Robbie and Jacquie most of the time, but Choya bothered me more then I would have liked.
Lisa
Hadn't read Janet Dailey in a while, so gave this a try. I guess I've outgrown her. This was so predictable and drawn out. I had to force myself to finish it.
Ashleigh
Sweet love story within a Christmas setting. Warmed my heart. Finished this book in a heart beat. Great, easy read that puts you in the Christmas spirit!
Penny
The author got lost and the story became pointless.
Michelle
really not great but I read it anyway because Christmas.
Nancy
This was a very nice romantic novel that doesn't go into everything. I had the large print and read it in 2 days while baby sitting.
Sarah Massengale-Potter
Anytime I need a good "curl up on the couch and veg-out romance" I can always count on Janet Dailey. She never disappoints me.
Jill
Mar 24, 2012 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Saw the author's name when I returned a book for Pearl.
I think this is my first book by her and I will try to read more. Typical romantic book, which I enjoy. Set in AZ and TX
Stacy
No bump and grind here! Pretty PG book. cute story. Didn't stand out as anything special tho.
Jann
Another enjoyable holiday read. Good author. Will have to try another book from her.
Dawnie
This was a struggle to get through. I was pretty bored throughout most of it.
Andrea
Finsihed this book a while back great story :)
Becky Bruderek
Becky Bruderek marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Finny
Finny added it
Feb 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme...more
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)