Start by marking “To Santa With Love” as Want to Read:
To Santa With Love

To Santa With Love

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  186 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The holidays are coming and free-spirited Jacquie Grey plans to head west and start a new life. Her solo road trip is going great - until she collides with rancher Choya Barnett in Arizona.
Published October 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about To Santa With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Santa With Love

Notorious by Janet DaileyNightway by Janet DaileyIllusions by Janet DaileyThe Great Alone by Janet DaileyHeiress by Janet Dailey
Janet Dailey
25th out of 44 books — 2 voters
Liberty or Death by David        CookMay Day by Thom  StarkBlood on the Snow by David        CookBroken Point by Donna K. ChildreeThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Fall and Winter Reading
130th out of 185 books — 68 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelly
Jun 29, 2012 Shelly rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was first published in '77 until I logged on to review. That explains a lot! Okay, I was mildly entertained. If my daughter were put in this situation, that rancher better be running. Creepy man grabs traveler off the road by holding her car hostage. The couple didn't really seem to have a chance to like or love each other. They seemed destined for divorce court. That chickie had a lot of growing up to do!
Kesha
Jul 03, 2012 Kesha rated it did not like it
This book was extremely boring. It wasnt really romantic, at least in my opinion, because Choya and Jacqui didnt have any chemistry. I liked Sam and Robbie.
Jen
Mar 05, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5/5

Oh Choya, how your very name sends me into a fit of immature giggles!
Shh I'm reading!
Nov 16, 2011 Shh I'm reading! rated it did not like it
This story definitely doesn't update well thanks to the characters and some snafus. Here's the list of ways this story is dated.
The characters: Jacquie, the headstrong "plucky" spoiled girl (aka heroine with no sense) out to find herself and Choya, a rugged, widower with a child. He lives by the philosophy, "I wont have a real conversation with you; because its much better to demean you when you so obviously aren't on my level." Part of this is due to the 10+ year age gap between them. Neither
Debbie
Nov 11, 2011 Debbie rated it liked it
Sheltered semi spoiled 21 year old Jaquie Grey decides college isn’t for her and against her parents wishes is going to LA to find a job and grow up, however, little Tombstone Arizona got in her way and so did rancher Choya Barnett, literally as she runs her car into his jeep. Now she finds herself with a lost wallet and no way to pay for repairs.
Choya Barnett has no room in his life for a spoiled girl from Dallas especially when she’s captured his small son’s heart and will no doubt break it in
Nikki Brandyberry
Nov 07, 2011 Nikki Brandyberry rated it it was ok
Jacquie is running. Running from her family, running from monotony and running from herself. She strikes out to LA, the first city that came to mind, and on the way literally runs into Choya. In the form of a car wreck. Now she is stuck in the tiny town of Tombstone, Arizona with no money, no job and now, no car.

Choya really does not want to like the 21 year old Jacquie. She is sheltered, spoiled and asking for trouble with that face and body. having already lost a young wife, Choya isn’t lookin
Julie Barrett
Jul 25, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
She takes her foreign car and travels from Texas to LA. She stops in AZ to visit
with a friend that just got married. When she leaves there she runs into a man who
has a little boy with him. The garage will fix her car but it's going to take several
days to even get the parts in. After spending almost all her money from staying at the
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di
Julie Barrett
Jan 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di
Lisa
May 03, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
Typical Romance from Janet Dailey. :) This time involving a motherless little boy and widower dad in Tombstone, Arizona. The 3 meet when Jacquie decides spur of the moment to move (against her parents' wishes) to L.A. and after a visit with her best friend in Bisbee, AZ, becomes involved in wreck with the main male character Choya (& his 7 yr old son Robbie) in Tombstone. In a little unusual twist, there was a backstory regarding Choya's birth mom and also his first marriage that Janet Daile ...more
Jenny
Dec 03, 2012 Jenny rated it it was ok
The book was ok. I had some 'issues' with the characters, tho. The girl (Jacquie) was portrayed as too wishy-washy and didn't have an independent bone in her body. The character Choya was over-bearing and mean most of the time to Jacquie and I thought he was real arrogant....not a person I would have liked. I thought the son, Robbie, was way too spoiled. He was given into way too easily by all the adults in the story. I enjoyed the grandfather's character, tho. Sam was feisty and added life to t ...more
Donna Wilson
Dec 18, 2014 Donna Wilson rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. It kept me interested from start to finish. Definitely on my reread list.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Jan 24, 2012 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
To Santa with Love is a very different romance book for me. There were no steamy sex scenes and it was a bit refreshing for a change. There was so much tension between Jacquie and Choya that at times I wanted to scream at them, but for some reason...I loved it!

Read full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/To-Santa...
Jackie
Nov 13, 2011 Jackie rated it liked it
Was a fun little super quick read. I see now that romances are pretty predictable. Jacquie leaves college and plans to move to California. On the way she has a car accident with a rancher and of course they fall for each other. He has a son who really likes Jacquie and she doesn't want to break his heart if it doesn't work out.
Mum
Jan 26, 2012 Mum rated it liked it
It's very hard to re-write a story from 1977 in "modern" times with email, cell phones that work pretty much anywhere, and big city adjustments to small towns! It was good, but maybe it could have used 1977 as "current day." It was a slow read.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Dec 04, 2012 Jess (Shepherdjel) rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
I enjoyed this one more then the last but I still felt that the romance needed more and that it was a little rushed (the romance/love story). I loved Robbie and Jacquie most of the time, but Choya bothered me more then I would have liked.
Lisa
Apr 14, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Hadn't read Janet Dailey in a while, so gave this a try. I guess I've outgrown her. This was so predictable and drawn out. I had to force myself to finish it.
Stephanie
I remember reading this as a wee one, picking it up from my mom's shelf one day out of sheer boredom. I remember I thought there would be more music involved.
Ashleigh
Dec 16, 2012 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Sweet love story within a Christmas setting. Warmed my heart. Finished this book in a heart beat. Great, easy read that puts you in the Christmas spirit!
Penny
Dec 26, 2013 Penny rated it did not like it
The author got lost and the story became pointless.
Michelle
Dec 25, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
really not great but I read it anyway because Christmas.
Nancy
Apr 24, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
This was a very nice romantic novel that doesn't go into everything. I had the large print and read it in 2 days while baby sitting.
Sarah Massengale-Potter
Oct 31, 2011 Sarah Massengale-Potter rated it really liked it
Anytime I need a good "curl up on the couch and veg-out romance" I can always count on Janet Dailey. She never disappoints me.
Jill
Mar 24, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Saw the author's name when I returned a book for Pearl.
I think this is my first book by her and I will try to read more. Typical romantic book, which I enjoy. Set in AZ and TX
Stacy
Apr 09, 2012 Stacy rated it liked it
No bump and grind here! Pretty PG book. cute story. Didn't stand out as anything special tho.
Jann
Jan 03, 2012 Jann rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable holiday read. Good author. Will have to try another book from her.
Dawnie
Dec 07, 2011 Dawnie rated it did not like it
This was a struggle to get through. I was pretty bored throughout most of it.
Lynn Ann
Dec 25, 2013 Lynn Ann rated it liked it
3.5
Andrea
Nov 08, 2011 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Finsihed this book a while back great story :)
Kim
Nov 23, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kim by: sara stephens
has been really good so far
Sandra
Sandra added it
Apr 17, 2016
  • Forbidden
  • Waves of Fire
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Holiday Royale
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • A Texas Christmas
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • The Loving Trap
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Seduction
  • First Love, Last Love
  • Raven's Vow (Mills and Boon Historical, #935) (Harlequin Historical, #349)
  • The Forbidden Wife
  • Magic In Vienna (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • To Save the Devil (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • The Pregnant Mistress (The Barons, #7)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...