Start by marking “Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore, #2)

Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,469 Ratings  ·  376 Reviews
Sometimes it’s good to be bad. Real good…

After Eli Wright came out, his parents threw him out. In the five years since, he’s made his own way, lived by his own rules, determined to never change himself—not for anyone. He’s not against finding Mr. Right, but Mr. Right Now will do just fine.

Quinn Maloney’s reward for ten years of faithfully keeping his closeted boyfriend’s s
Published December 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boyfriend

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
26th out of 506 books — 1,018 voters
Strawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonEdward Unconditionally by Lynn LorenzDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldTiming by Mary CalmesBad Boyfriend by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay "Flamboyant" Characters
5th out of 164 books — 367 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
DAMN! Who turned up the heat because it is SCORCHING in here?! K.A. Mitchell brought the sexy and she brought it HARD.

I knew that I would love this book because most people adore this and I loved the first in the series that most of my friends hated. Though that had my favorite trope (gay virgins- YUM), this book also delivered the goods... in spades. I'll admit something to you guys but you can't tell anyone. Shhhh... can you keep a secret?

(view spoiler)
Lauraadriana
This book is what I expect from KA Mitchell. This is the kind of story that reminds me of why when I discovered her, I sucked down all her books in three days like a four year old with a bag of M&Ms...This was FRIGGIN' AWESOME.

Opposites Attract?...Well yeah!!! And sometimes the chemistry is so ridiculously hot it could light up the Vegas strip!! Eli and Quinn...Whoooo Mercy.

At 35 years old, Quinn Maloney just got the life that he thought he had for the last ten years handed back to him by th
Mandapanda
Dec 06, 2011 Mandapanda rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars K.A. Mitchell is at the top of her game with this ultra sexy romance between two opposites. Quinn is a 34 year old, ex-Navy man whose boyfriend has left him after ten years to get married to a woman. Unable to totally let go Quinn has agreed to be godfather to their child but he has decided to take a fake boyfriend with him to the christening for some moral support. The night before he meets Eli (from Bad Company), an out and proud 23 year old gay man who is totally what Quinn needs.

El
Susan
Mar 09, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it

3.5 strong stars.

I SO ADORE Quinn and Eli!!!! (<-although, reading a book about a (misspelled) “Quinn” this close to LaL release was distracting…but I got over it... :) )

“Bad Boyfriend” has the exact same story of 80% of the M/M books out there: an over-the-top villainization of a jerk ex-beau, a cutie-pie sassy twink w/ lips to die for, and a big muscled hunk who lives not entirely out of the closet. Throw in some opinionated best friends, a dysfunctional family, and some past my-family-kick
Heidi Cullinan
Mar 29, 2014 Heidi Cullinan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, esp those who like my stuff

ETA: Buddy read this book (and the others in the series with me & KA Mitchell, and win stuff: http://heidicullinan.wordpress.com/20...

***

I had waited for this book FOREVER it seems like.

This book was fun, fast, and made me feel good. I spent the day in a chair with this book, and it was my best damn day the week I read it. I'd had a lot of good days that week too, so that's no light praise.

The emotional journey of both characters was just delicious. Their kinks fit so well, but their out-of-
MsMiz (Tina)
Dec 07, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
I might be the only person on the planet that did not have problems with the first book in this series, so take my judgement for what it is worth. With that said, I liked this book a whole heaping lot more. I really really enjoyed Eli with all of his issues, sarcastic humor and his neediness while trying to remain independent. I think the only person who could fit him is someone like Quinn. Quinn has enough issues as we see in the beginning of this book, his boyfriend Peter, of which they have b ...more
Lenore
I loved this! It's funny (come closer, Eli, so I can give you a bear hug), it's sweet, and it's hot hot hot.

You'll probably need to suspend disbelief about the Laurent family and their unparalleled ability to ignore huge pink elephants in the room and in their lives for years and years but hey, it's not our fault if they're determined to win the prize for "best cookie cutter-please don't burst our bubble" family in the state of Maryland.

Plus, it was probably that mentality that produced that je
Heather C
Dec 20, 2011 Heather C rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather C by: Adrianamae, Marco's fan
HOT! HOT! HOT! I loved this story and enjoyed it immensely without even reading Bad Company (I was told by some very trusted friends that I wouldn’t like it). Anyway, I loved Eli and Quinn; hated Peter and Nate and only kinda liked Kellan. I’ve only read a few books by KA Mitchell, but this is definitely my favorite so far.

I really loved Eli and Quinn. Eli was adorable and dramatic. Quinn was, to quote Eli, “completely unavailable, hung-up-on-his-asshole-ex, wrapped-up-in-family-drama, gorgeous
Ilhem
Aug 15, 2013 Ilhem rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone in need of smut fun
Recommended to Ilhem by: Christina and Jenn
Shelves: m-m, smut-fun
*wipes fog off glasses*

It's not a brand new story, but there was great chemistry between Quinn, Eli and...well, me. HOT!
Loederkoningin
A typical run-off-the-mill romance with a ton of smut and drama. Stars a somewhat bland but sympathetic MC who's pursuing a a bratty twink, while coming to terms with his 100% evil ex-bf's nasty pranks. It's all very unremarkable and forgettable, but makes for a few entertaining hours of reading anyway.

PS It's getting annoying fast to read these constant references to 'old dude looks like granddad, has gray hair, can't get it up so soon' yada yada.. Get the fuck out of here: the guy's only 35!

P
Chris
Aug 23, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, reread, ds, 2011, ebook, 2012
Reread. Excellent kinky m/m romance about a teacher who's dumped by his closeted boyfriend of ten years, then picks up a hot younger guy at a bar to take along to the baptism of his ex's baby. Things just sort of spiral from there. :)
Elspeth
Dec 21, 2012 Elspeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, amazon
*edited on 12.21.12*

Daddy play is not for me, so this book was a total turn off, plus the story was cliché, and excuse my French just a little fucked up.
I can’t imagine anyone that would be okay with being godparent to their cheating ex's child...well nobody that respects themselves.
I just can’t see Quinn going through with this, he was in the Navy, and now a High School teacher. You would assume there is some intelligence there, if not that then at least some pride.
This story was just too farf
Kaje Harper
Nov 09, 2014 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm
This is the second book in a series, but it would stand alone well enough. The MCs from the first are only secondary characters. (And Nate is still a jerk.) Also, since this is a Samhain book, it ends with about 30 pages left for other excerpts (something which I try to remember will happen, but often don't, and find frustrating, so I thought I'd put this note up front here for other readers.)

I liked this book a lot more than the first one, mainly because the characters are much more appealing.
Runell
This one was so much better than Bad Company.

I absolutely loved Eli--he's freaking amazing--and Quinn, when he wasn't fucking up, was great too. They were so gosh darn cute.

Peter was a bastard. Ugh.

I was surprised by the Daddy kink. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but surprised nevertheless.

The ending was really abrupt, though.

Nevertheless, it was an awesome read.
Gina
Jan 19, 2015 Gina rated it really liked it
This one i enjoyed more than the first book, i loved these two guys, esp Eli. so happy to see him get his forever!
Shelley
3.5 Stars

It’s about time I got round to reading this one huh? Not that I’ve even read the first one in the series but everyone, and I mean everyone (!) has read this book and loved it or at least liked it a lot. I’m late to the party but I made it! YAY!

I’m so glad I made the effort because this was, uh-hem …so rewarding. A real one handed white knuckle read; {cue lascivious wink} if you know what I mean? Ha! Of course you do, you’ve probably read it. So there’s no need for me to remind you that
Wendy Ciliacus
This was a nice easy read. It wasn't as angsty as I thought it would be.

Quinns lover of ten years (Peter) is leaving him because the woman, he cheated with, is pregnant. He decides he's not gay and wants to marry her. Quinn is very close to Peters family (the fact that they were gay lovers was ignored) and even goes to the wedding. Peters new wife doesn't know that Peter and Quinn used to be lovers and nobody talks about it. When the baby is a few months old Quinn is invited to the baby's babpti
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.5 Stars***

What's the best way I can describe my feelings for this book? You know when you're lighting your stove and you have to hold it in the clicking position for the flame to ignite before you pick your heat level.....yeah, that's how I feel about this. The whole book just kept clicking without every igniting.

I think I was expecting a little bit of a meatier story. There was so much deeper K.A. Mitchell could have gone with the characters. I wanted more background and history when it c
Hellen
Jan 02, 2012 Hellen rated it it was ok
I need to stop at 46%. It's just too stupid to continue. The plot is so cliché that I wonder how people don't get fed up on this. Peter (the a-hole) dumps Quinn after ten years of living together. Quinn is so mature that he decides to bring a hot twinkie to the baptism of his ex's son to, what? show him he has moved on, even when it's totally a lie? Proud much? Like I was saying, Eli goes to the party and he happens to be the perfect boyfriend, and by perfect I mean everybody loves him: "Even Pe ...more
Susan65
Dec 08, 2011 Susan65 rated it it was amazing
So very close to a 5 star read...more like a 4.50 but since i totally love the cover and can absolutely see Eli and Quinn as those two guys i will up it to 4.75 stars.

I loved Eli...snarky, feisty, razor sharp tongue but vulnerable and lonely too. No family, no job and no home...sucks to be Eli. Thank God for friends Nate and Kellen. I still adore Kellen, from Bad Company, but still think he is too good for Nate.

Quinn spent 10 years of his life with a guy who isn't worth the sh*t on the bottom of
Edina Rose
Dec 08, 2011 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Solid 4.5 stars

Well, did someone create a list for the hottest MM romance? This book is GOOD but the sex is ATOMIC!. As I was reading this IN PUBLIC TRANSPORT and SQUIRMING in my seat, I said to myself: You wanted MM romance, darling, deal with it!

Eli and Quinn are the REAL DEAL in and out of the sheets in spite of the big age difference (22 against 35) and their different lifestyles. People who haven't found their match among their peers should be comforted by this story: be open minded, baby
Simsala
Dec 09, 2011 Simsala rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, series
The three stars are for Eli - I really liked his sweet,open-hearted (and kinky) persona...

This was a rollercoaster for me.At first I was excited and "oh,wow!" but then it went downwards to almost a DNF.It wasn`t the heavy BDSM-scene somehow coming out of nowhere or the annoying bunch of hyenas called family and friends.Not even Peter,Quinn`s asshole-ish ex-boyfriend from hell.
It was Quinn...I couldn`t stand the guy - my own personal red rag!

Just my thoughts and the minority here - read it and en
Snowtulip
Dec 23, 2011 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
So I went into this book with a good amount of trepidation because I didn't really like the first book in the series. Glad GR friends pushed me along to read this story. I absolutely love Quinn and Eli, they so perfectly balance each other out and have each others back even in the early days. And yes, this book was complete and total sexiness :) The auther also made me hate Peter to no end, so mission accomplished on creating my m/m nemesis (although Anzhel in Last Line is still number one nemes ...more
Heller
Apr 18, 2013 Heller rated it really liked it
Eli, I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Unexpected (view spoiler)

This book has some incredibly hot sex between the awesome Elijah and ex-sailor now history teacher Quinn. Lots of family drama and Quinn's ex is such an asshole. I cannot believe how horrible he is to both Quinn and his family.

We see both Nathan and Kellan again. (view spoiler)
Virginia
Loved, loved, loved this book! This book has it all, great and funny banter, MCs who are not perfect and actually make some mistakes and have to learn from them, spicy sex, an unpopular villian and just enough angst to keep your heart involved and on the line.

I greatly enjoyed both MCs. Talk about opposites. Quinn is in his mid 30s and rebounding from a nasty break up. He's very deliberate in his actions, dependable, responsible and somewhat at a turning point in his life as to how he wants to p
Lori K
Dec 07, 2011 Lori K rated it liked it
3.5. This review may contain what some would call spoilers but not that much more than the blurb.

This book would be much improved if the author had given more of a background for Peter and Quinn. Some addl set-up would have made the family believing the whole "straight roommates" more realistic and given me a reason not to keep rolling my eyes at how stupid the whole thing was.

Live with a guy for 10 years, never have a relationship (at least publicly) with a woman, and still your family shuts th
.Lili.
Dec 04, 2015 .Lili. rated it really liked it
-3.5 Stars-
Christina
Sep 15, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance

Worlds away from the first book. I loved Eli! He's young, almost goth-like, submissive and takes no bullshit from anyone. He knows what he wants and goes after it. His relationship with Quinn was a natural fit. They were great together. The only issue I had was with Peter and his family. It was more than a bit far-fetched that his family just stayed quiet for 10 years about Peter and his relationship with Quinn. Other than this, I loved every bit of it.

Jenni Lea
Nov 04, 2013 Jenni Lea rated it really liked it
Way, way, way better than the first book. Eli is a hoot! I just want to put him my pocket and carry him around with me all day. The ending was a bit abrupt though.
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Double Blind (Special Delivery, #2)
  • The Good Boy (Boy, #1)
  • It's Not Shakespeare (It's Not Shakespeare, #1)
  • The Closer You Get (The Distance Between Us #2, Wilde's, #4)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Not His Kiss to Take
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • The Hot Floor
  • Slow Bloom (Slow Bloom #1)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Muscling Through
  • Last Stop
K.A. Mitchell discovered the magic of writing at an early age when she learned that a carefully crayoned note of apology sent to the kitchen in a toy truck would earn her a reprieve from banishment to her room. Her career as a spin-control artist was cut short when her family moved to a two-story house, and her trucks would not roll safely down the stairs. Around the same time, she decided that Ch ...more
More about K.A. Mitchell...

Bad in Baltimore (5 books)
  • Bad Company (Bad in Baltimore, #1)
  • Bad Attitude (Bad in Baltimore, #3)
  • Bad Influence (Bad in Baltimore, #4)
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)

“I can’t believe I’ve missed this sport. It’s all about fingering holes and caressing balls.” 19 likes
“Eli eased back enough to breathe words onto Quinn's mouth. 'Well? Romantic enough?'
'My heart's aflutter.'
Eli sank away. 'All the fluttering is in my balls.”
6 likes