Start by marking “The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)” as Want to Read:

The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #18)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  1,020 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Worthless old junk-or is it?
The Three Investigators have been hired to track down a weird stuffed owl, some battered leather suitcases-and a series of strange paintings that show a house getting smaller and smaller. The junk once belonged to old Joshua Cameron and now his sister, the Countess, wants it all back.
Jupe, Bob, and Pete never imagine that the junk might be valua
Published 1972 by Scholastic Book Services

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Shrinking House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Shrinking House

Nicholas
I re-read this one after convincing my 10 year old to pick it up for his mystery book report. Not the best Three Investigators book, but even a mediocre Three Investigators mystery is worth four stars.
Mark
original 2009 review - The boys are in the right place at the right time when, accompanying Uncle Titus on a buying trip, they chase an intruder seen racing away from a house in a canyon. The house was occupied by an artist and, following his death, three people suddenly appear in Rocky Beach who are very keen on him and his paintings which might - or might not - lead to a long-lost masterpiece. As tightly plotted and well-written as all Arden’s books are, this is quite dry but still entertainin ...more
Celia Hext
Why I decided to read this book:
My dad used to read these books to me when I was not old enough to read them myself. We have quite a few of them at home and so I decided to read one for the first time in a long time.

Which category ‘The Mystery of the Shrinking House’ comes under on the Bingo Board:
I put this book under the category of 'a book with a male main character'. There are three main characters in this book who are all male and call themselves 'The Three Investigators'. The book follows
Tantri Setyorini
Seperti biasa Trio Detektif selalu menyuguhkan judul yang aneh-aneh. Misteri Naga Batuk, Misteri Setan Yang Menandak, Misteri Singa Gugup, dan sekarang Misteri Rumah Yang Mengkerut.
Apa sih rumah yang mengkerut itu? Ternyata ini adalah lukisan, tepatnya lukisan karya seniman eksentrik yang banyak diburu kolektor. Terdapat serangkaian lukisan yang sama, tapi entah kenapa dalam masing-masing duplikat, gambar rumah di dalamnya tampak lebih kecil daripada yang lain.
Plotnya yah seperti biasanya Trio D
Spoke
Novia
I loved this series when I was in junior and senior high. It was the 1st novel I’ve read and it made me fall in love with reading.
I even like this series more than Agatha Christie. I’ve read most of the books more than once. I like reading about their friendship and the mystery wrapped around them. If I ever to have children, I’m sure I’ll be making them read this series.
Zaenul
Menurutku, ini adalah novel terbaik Alfred Hitchock dalam rangkaian seri Trio Detektif-nya yang bisa disejajarkan dengan kehebatan teka-teki dalam Misteri Nuri Gagap.
R.D. Sherrill
This was surprisingly creepy for a kid's book.
D.seL
Aug 11, 2011 D.seL rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any YA reader
Shelves: to-swap
Another wonderful story of the adventures of the Three Investigators, Jupe, Bob, and Pete. Classic stories for young readers. Highly reccomended.
Liz
Okay mystery. It's been a month since I read it, but I don't think it held my attention, especially since I only gave it three stars.
Ravie
A very quickie read with an interesting premise and sufficient surprises! Teenagers would love this one! A 3.5/5!
Anna Smith
There was a lot of interesting suspense!
Verity
Brilliant. Mystery solved thru' paintings.
Joseph Grist
The first book I ever read!!
Lauchlin
Dec 19, 2013 Lauchlin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thimira Anjana
Thimira Anjana marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Farida
Farida marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Leena
Leena marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Sarah B
Sarah B marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Real name: Dennis Lynds.
Beginning in 1968 with The Mystery of the Moaning Cave and ending in 1989 with Hot Wheels, Dennis Lynds wrote fourteen novels under the pen name William Arden for the juvenile detective series The Three Investigators, which was originated by Robert Arthur, Jr.. Under this same name, he also wrote five novels featuring private eye Kane Jackson, a former military policeman wh
More about William Arden...
The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10) The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26) The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22) The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow (Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, #12) The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)