Start by marking “Witch Boy (Witch Boy Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Witch Boy (Witch Boy Trilogy, #1)

Witch Boy (Witch Boy Trilogy #1)

Soon after his seventeenth birthday, Marcus begins to see a face other than his own in the mirror and discovers that he has the power to move objects with his mind, but only when he and his mother move to a new town does he begin to understand his destiny as the Prince of the Forest.
Published April 30th 2002 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Witch Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Boy

Kai VanderBerg
Aug 09, 2014 Kai VanderBerg rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
A decent enough pemise. A weak, unimpressive execution. I've always been a big fan of young adult paranormal books, but this one just didn't do it for me. Marcus is a hard character to feel anything other than irritation for. I get that it's a trilogy and you can't answer everything in the first book, but it's slow paced and leads to more questions than answers. It seems like it's supposed to be written for teens (somewhere around 14, 15, or so) but the style seems more middle school. But I prob ...more
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it liked it
Marcus is terrified by his strange power to move things with his mind. Just before he and his mom are going to move to a new town, he gives in to his longtime girlfriends plea to make love and becomes certain he has done something terrible to her when she disappears in a blaze of light, and he comes to gripping a handful of her hair in his fist. Is she dead or alive? Who or what kind of monster is he? And why do all of the people in his new town seem so familiar to him?

The first book in a trilog
Aug 04, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled upon this little gem when I was in Middle School, my mother had taken me to a used bookstore with her and while she was searching around for her books I was browsing as well. From the bottom shelf I spotted a title that caught my eye "Witch Boy" I read the back of the book, then started in on the first chapter. I was hooked, and as soon as I heard "Alright, let's go." I jumped up and put the book on the counter. (My mother would never say no to one of her children reading.) Either way ...more
Amaleen Gonzalez
Mar 30, 2012 Amaleen Gonzalez rated it really liked it
Hero (5) - Marcus' character is pretty amazing. The way he's confused and scared is well done.

Other characters (4)- The other characters are pretty good as well, such as his mother and Marcus' crush. The only thing that bothered me about them, particularly the other witches, was that they didn't seem to understand how to approach Marcus or how to convince him to join them. They did it in a pretty ineffective way and couldn't fix that.

Margot Fallen
Oct 06, 2011 Margot Fallen rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Haunting and heartbreaking. Its like being caught in a nightmare that you don't want to wake up from. I can't find any other books by this author. Russell Moon, if you read ever read this (unlikely), WRITE MORE BOOKS PLEASE!!!! Its like nothing I've ever read, a definite must read.
Apr 27, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was ok
Too frustrating to want to read the other 2. dragged out much too long. normally i consider a book a success if the author conjures up strong feelings in me but i think my feelings moved from being frustrated with the main character to being frustrated at the book. GET TO THE POINT!!!!
Jul 22, 2012 Marla rated it it was ok
This book was definitely worth reading. It's far from one of my favorites but I did enjoy it. I believe that if/when I finish this series I'll probably like the book a lot more but I have many other books that I would prefer to read before I continue with this series.
Jun 20, 2009 Oriana added it
Witch Boy by Russell Moon (2002)
Kathleen Stebbins
Kathleen Stebbins rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Connie Harty
Connie Harty rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Gabriella Birchem
Gabriella Birchem marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Shadow marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Jerryrose marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Jaquavian rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Rituleen marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Megan Thompson
Megan Thompson rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Jade marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Logan Blackisle
Logan Blackisle marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Philip marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Caitlyn Janss
Caitlyn Janss marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Christina Thomas
Christina Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Bradley Reyes
Bradley Reyes marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Tali rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Russell Moon's deep interest in Celtish magic and mythology compelled him to write Witch Boy, his first fantasy novel.
More about Russell Moon...

Witch Boy Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blood War (Witch Boy Trilogy, #2)
  • Dark Prince (Witch Boy Trilogy, #3)