Start by marking “Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)

Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma #3)

"Consider this a warning."

Published January 3rd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stalker in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalker in the Shadows

Jerusha Agen
Oct 14, 2015 Jerusha Agen rated it really liked it
The stalker plot tends to be overused in romantic suspense, but Camy Tang manages to make her premise and characters fresh enough that I was still captivated. I lost sleep more than one evening as I battled to make myself put this book down as the danger and romance increased. Tang delivers a perfectly balanced story of suspense and romance while going a little deeper with her spiritual themes than this short category genre often allows.

Stalker in the Shadows is the last in a three-book series,
Crystal
Jan 10, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
If you like suspense and romance in a quick-to-read format then this is just the book for you. Stalker in the Shadows packs quite a punch for a short 200 page novel. Camy Tang knows how to pace the novel well for this format so that things move quickly but never too quickly and so that my attention never waned.

I loved Stalker in the Shadows and I will now make sure I go back and read the first two books in this series. Not because I needed to for this book to make sense, but because I liked Ms.
Tina
Original post at One More Page

It's been a while since I read a Camy book, and honestly, I didn't even know she had another book in the Grant sisters' stories. It wasn't until after I finished reading Protection for Hire that I found out, and I immediately got the book for my Kindle.

In the third installment of Camy Tang's Love Inspired series, Stalker in the Shadows, we meet the third Grant sister, Monica, a nurse with a heart for social work. She plans to open a free children's clinic in thei
Holly
Nov 27, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing
This the third installment featuring the Grant sisters. Stalker in the Shadows features the youngest Grant girl, Monica, self-proclaimed wild child. Although she has faithfully cared for her father since his stroke she dreams of something bigger, a free health clinic for children. Following a charity banquet she starts receiving threatening letters encouraging her to abandon her cherished project.

Her knight in shining armor, former border patrolman, Shaun O’Neill, has his own agenda in finding
Melanie
Nov 21, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelf
Stalker in the Shadows is the third book in the Sonoma Series. I haven't read book one, Deadly Intent; but I have read book two, Formula for Danger, and that book was really good!

The only other book I've read by Camy Tang is Protection for Hire! And while that book is still my FAVORITE book by her, Stalker in the Shadows is a close second!!

One thing I really liked about Stalker in the Shadows was the characters - particularly Shaun O'Neil. There was so much to his character that he quickly becam
Megan
Stalker in the Shadows is a great suspense novel and while I don't read a lot of that genre I really enjoyed this book. I was never completely sure who the stalker was - as soon as I thought it was one person, the story would make it obvious that it couldn't be that person and then maybe it could be. I think that is what a good suspense book should do.

This is a Love Inspired novel, so the length of the story is on the shorter side, allowing you to read it rather quickly! The only complaint I hav
Autumn
Nov 28, 2011 Autumn rated it it was amazing
After reading "Protection for Hire" (not a Love inspired, but still a Christian Romance/Mystery) I read Mrs. Tang's upcoming "Stalker in the Shadows", which IS a LI book. This book was a refreshing break from the demure LI books that I had read. There was actually a lot less "faith" in SITS, but what was there was quality. There was still adventure, but it seemed toned-down. So I guess that it just depends on how much adventure the reader wants! Both are good reads, both made me laugh out loud, ...more
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
As the title suggests, Stalker In The Shadows tells the tale of Monica Grant, a young nurse meeting resistance to her plans to open a free children's clinic in the form of death threats and a series of sinister photos of her from a stalker. But Monica isn't going to roll over and give up just because somebody wants her to and, enlisting the help of Shaun O' Neill, former Border Patrol guard, to look after her, the pair try to uncover who is stalking and threatening Monica, especially when it tra ...more
Charity
Jan 05, 2012 Charity rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my review. I am a big fan of the Love Inspired suspense books as they are so nice to carry around and they aren't corny! Especially coming from such an author as Camy Tang! Camy is an excellent author and I really enjoy her books. This is the third book featuring the Grant ladies and I have read one of the previous ones. Will have to go back and read the other one now:)

I really liked Monica. She is very likeable as a character and ev
Krismar Ramker
Jan 03, 2012 Krismar Ramker rated it it was amazing
In Stalker in the Shadows, Camy Tang covers a variety of social issues, including health care (free clinic), US/Mexico border patrol, and migrant workers. With these issues, Tang appropriately handles them in regard to the book's storyline and gives them worth.
Monica, another of Tang's strong, independent female characters, is planning to build a free children's clinic but runs into a roadblock as a stalker enters her life. Shaun teams up with Monica to attempt to sideline the stalker and contin
Mombo
A very suspenseful read because I had no idea who the stalker in the shadows was. I did trust, like Monica, that it wasn't the obvious choice although I could see why Shaun thought the obvious choice (don't want to give it away) was the one.

After every Love Inspired novel I feel as if I should answer every discussion question or feel guilty about it for the next day or so, lol, so I think I'll just answer the last one.

12. Shaun's theme verse is Psalm 74:12: "But God is my King from long ago; he
Mimi
Jan 13, 2012 Mimi rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this series and it doesn't disappoint. The book has all the elements of suspense yet still holds your interest and isn't formulaic. You will be guessing at the ending through most of the story. It's fast-paced yet still offers ample character development so that you feel invested in the outcome of the book because you've become enmeshed with the characters. Camy Tang does a great job with the storyline in this novel. It's a fast read yet it holds your attention. I think ...more
Mimi
Dec 11, 2011 Mimi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I'm not a fan of but not a hater either, of Love Inspired Suspense but some of them seem very "hokey" to me. Not so this book. It has very good, fully developed characters and the plot was suspenseful and exciting to the end. It was a difficult mystery to guess the ending (at least for me) and I had to pay close attention to what was happening to keep up with things. One of the best LIS novels I've read. If you read this book you won't be disappointed.
Amancay
Jan 02, 2012 Amancay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous finish to the Sonoma series... and another lovely look into great characters, and some suspenseful action from my favorite: Camy Tang!

I was quickly drawn in to the leads, and even more so their dynamic/chemistry... their inner personal struggles, and how they interacted and responded with each other through it all, left me longing for such incredible partnership for myself at sometime in the future!

I plowed through the book in a day.
Sarah Glover
I enjoyed this book, and I would suggest it to anyone, whether female, or male, teen, or adult. I enjoy Camy Tang as a writer, and if you enjoy this book, you should read Protection for Hire. It is also by Camy Tang.
Loraine
SUMMARY: Lately, nurse Monica Grant feels she's being watched. Followed. And then she receives a threatening letter—accompanied by a dead snake. If she doesn't stop her plans to open a free children's clinic, she'll end up dead, too. Terrified, Monica turns to former lawman Shaun O'Neill—who believes the same madman murdered his own sister five years before. She understands how much it means to the handsome, heart-guarding man to save her—and her dream. Even if he has to lure a deadly stalker ou ...more
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Stalker in the Shadows by Camy Tang
Sonoma Series Book 3
Nurse Monica Grant wants to start a free children’s clinic. After helping a migrant workers son because they couldn’t afford a hospital visit, it has been her dream. Now that the dream is getting closer to reality she is getting threats to stop or else. By the tingling on her neck that makes her feel she’s being watched….they might be serious. But she is not a quitter and definitely not a victim. What would someone have against a clinic to h
Susan F
Dec 31, 2011 Susan F rated it it was amazing
Camy Tang introduces us to the world of Monica Grant in "Stalker in the Shadows". She does not intend to work for the family at the Joy Luck Spa which is featured in the first two novels in Tang's Sonoma Series. Monica has repeated disagreements with her father, the spa owner, who holds a position of nurse open at the family business. She must draw on her faith and independent strength to carry on as she deals with a greater force of opposition in the form of a stalker. The dark character is aga ...more
Kim
Feb 27, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monica Grant is dead-set on starting a free children’s clinic in Sonoma, California. She has worked as an Emergency Room nurse but wants to make an even greater impact. She prides herself on her ability to read people. When she starts feeling like someone is watching her, she can’t hide the sense that something is wrong. When she starts getting threatening gifts, photos, and letters, she knows that someone is willing to kill her to stop her from opening a free clinic. When the first gift arrives ...more
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
“Stalker in the Shadows” is the third book in Camy Tang's “Sonoma” continuity of the LoveInspired Suspense line. Nurse Monica Grant's dream to open a free children's clinic is finally starting to see fruition. But when she finds evidence that she is being watched and begins receiving life threatening warnings demanding she forget about the clinic, her well-made plans spiral farther into uncertainty with each message the unknown stalker sends. The threats Monica receives are much too similar to t ...more
Nancy
Jan 15, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing
I’ve been wondering about the other sister. This family has certainly been in the midst of a lot of intrigue. The Joy Luck Life spa is a danger magnet.

Monica, a nurse, who left her job to care for her father, never wanted to be part of the spa. Her father wants the entire family to be involved. While Monica is being stalked by a murderer, she is till dreaming of opening a free clinic.

We watch her struggle to fulfill her dream while fighting not to fall in love with the handsome hunk she hires as
Sally
Jul 31, 2013 Sally rated it it was amazing
Stalker in the Shadows
By: Camy Tang

Another great read by Camy Tang. I love her work! Monica Grant has a stalker that wants her to stop plans for the free children’s clinic she wants to open. Shaun O’Neill’s sister was killed and he believes it was the same man that is stalking Monica. As Monica’s bodyguard, now he can catch that killer and put him where he belongs. But will his preconceived notions be right on target, or get Monica killed? The suspense kept me turning the pages to see who the s
Ausjenny
May 19, 2012 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
I bought this book recently and couldn't wait to start it.
This is the third books featuring the Grant sisters. This time the book features Monica Grant. Monica is a nurse and wants to open a free children's clinic and starts getting threatened to stop or else. Shaun O'Neill is back home and believes this is the same stalker that killed his sister 5 years ago. They team up trying to find who is behind the gifts and letters and why they don't want her to open a free clinic. I really loved the way
Ladette
Jan 06, 2012 Ladette rated it it was amazing
Stalker in the Shadows by Camy Tang is a Love Inspired Suspense novel. I have read many of her novels (most recently Protection for Hire), but this is only the second of the Love Inspired novels that I've read. I didn't realize when I started the book that it was Book 3 in the Sonoma Series, but it is the third in the set. Fortunately, reading them in order is not a prerequisite.

Monica Grant is one of three daughters of Augustus Grant, owner of an upscale spa in Sonoma. Monica is also a nurse.
Cay
Feb 09, 2012 Cay added it
Stalker in the Shadows is the 3rd book in the Sonoma series, but I haven't read the first two books, in fact Stalker was my first book by Camy Tang. Fortunately the book works perfectly as a stand-alone. Her books are categorized as Christian Literature, which is definitely out of my usual book comfort zone. She describes her style as "romance with a kick of wasabi". :)
Monica is a rich woman (her family is really wealthy), a nurse and devoted Christian. She's really bright and brave. And quite a
Roxann
Jul 06, 2015 Roxann rated it really liked it
This is the third in a series--no I didn't know there was a series, but I don't read 'romance' novels on a regular basis.
From the cover: Lately, nurse Monica Grant feels she's being watched. Followed. And then she receives a threatening letteraccompanied by a dead snake. If she doesn't stop her plans to open a free children's clinic, she'll end up dead, too. Terrified, Monica turns to former lawman Shaun O'Neillwho believes the same madman murdered his own sister five years before. She understa
Lisa Phillips
Jan 08, 2012 Lisa Phillips rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy Love Inspired
Recommended to Lisa by: the author
Tang's Love Inspired Suspense books are 3 in one series, following the Grant sisters. From the first (deadly intent) through the second (formula for danger) to this book, you can see clearly the author's growth as a writer.
Stalker in the Shadows feels not so much like true romantic suspense, but more of a mystery style with a very strong 'whodunnit' thread. The bulk of the book is interviewing witnesses to discover the identity of Monica's stalker.

I was really tired when I read this (:-P), and
M. Applin
Jan 15, 2012 M. Applin rated it really liked it
Stalker in the Shadows was an interesting book to read because when you think you knew who the stalker, you end up being wrong. I really enjoyed the way the book was written. The suspense kept you reading in order to find out who was the stalker. I have read other of Camy Tang's books which is totatlly different from this book, which shows she is a outstanding author with much talent. My favorite person was Aunt Becca, because she was a no nonsense aunt. She has done an excellent job with this L ...more
Cathy Beckett
Aug 14, 2015 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Really enjoyed this story. For once I didn't figure out who the bad guy was until the last couple of chapters. Inspirational but not preachy. Fast paced and action packed this is the third installment to Tang's Sonoma series. I can definitely recommend this romantic suspense from the Love Inspired inspirational category.
Judine Brey
Jul 05, 2016 Judine Brey rated it liked it
I like the concept of Monica trying to draw her own stalker out rather than being a victim. However, I was bothered by her and Shaun essentially doing their own police work. It seemed strange, even for a former Border Patrol Officer.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 03, 2015 03:37AM
  • The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Double Identity
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
  • Face of Danger
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Witness on the Run
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
291940
Camy writes Christian romantic suspense and contemporary romance as Camy Tang and Regency romance under her pen name, Camille Elliot. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, but for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then God guided her path ...more
More about Camy Tang...

Sonoma (6 books)
  • Deadly Intent (Sonoma, #1)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Narrow Escape (Sonoma, #4)
  • Treacherous Intent (Sonoma, #5)
  • Gone Missing (Sonoma, #6)