Start by marking “The French Fry King” as Want to Read:
The French Fry King

The French Fry King

A delectable feast for French fry lovers the world over, written and illustrated by acclaimed French Canadian artist, Rogé, this wonderful story will amuse, beguile and delight young readers! The French Fry King is a clever tale about dreaming big and finding love, told by a charming sausage dog named Roger.

Roger is a sausage dog who is destined for incredible things! He i
Published May 8th 2012 by Tundra Books

To ask other readers questions about The French Fry King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The French Fry King

Anolting
Mar 13, 2016 Anolting rated it did not like it
I love Canadian authors and wanted to love this book as well. Unfortunately it left a distinctly misogynistic taste in my mouth. Roger the sausage dog becomes very successful and travels the world. He meets a girl dog with similar ambitions, he tells her about everything he has done and everywhere he has travelled. The girl dog is "enthralled". Talking about himself makes roger very happy so he falls in love with be with the girl dog. WTF?! Sounds like a "how to" book for hooking up with a pompo ...more
Desiree
Oct 02, 2015 Desiree rated it liked it
The French Fry King is a Parisian dog with grand ideals. Roger spends his time thinking about the world he would create if only he had hands rather than paws. A few potatoes rolling from the bag of an elderly lady gives Roger a great idea! He fixes up an old food truck starts creating fries inspired by the countries he travels too. Roger learns the importance of sharing his adventure rather than simply having adventures.
Treasure
Nov 15, 2012 Treasure rated it it was amazing
This picture book by a French Canadian author/illustrator is a lovely translation that still maintains an heir of French refinement to it. Well, as refined as one can get when telling a story about a sausage dog! The cover is great (the classic illustration of a dachshund that stretches from front to back), and the inside of the jacket holds a surprise-- a poster and recipe! (which may be hard to access if the book comes preprocessed for library). Roger the dachshund is a thinking dog, not a bar ...more
Karen
Mar 23, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
The illustrations are fun and stylized, but the story itself didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. Or to my six-year-old son.
Carrie Gelson
2 stars simply because I do like the illustrations. Odd. And not in that quirky cool way. Just too strange, disconnected for me.
Aug 18, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Weird. Maybe kids will like the silly craziness of a sausage dog who opens up a french fry stand, travels the world, then falls in love with the girl dog who owns a corn-on-the-cob stand???
Danielle
Aug 25, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Roger the dog is quite the character. And this book is unusual and fun. The voice is great.
Carol
Aug 06, 2012 Carol rated it it was ok
My 6-year-old son liked it a lot more than I did. I am not sure why, it just didn't appeal to me.
Linda Atkinson
May 09, 2012 Linda Atkinson rated it really liked it
I was hoping for something different at the end, but I guess love does conquer all;-)
Shelli
Jul 05, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Cute story and fun read aloud for kiddos about a dog who imagined he could be more.
Laura Z
The book is very cute, but the ending is just so-so.
Jacqueline
May 15, 2012 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
I liked the art and the story was cute but a bit odd.
Krystyn
Nov 07, 2012 Krystyn rated it really liked it
Cute, fun & silly story. We enjoyed it!!
Davina
Jul 26, 2012 Davina rated it it was ok
Odd story, neat illustrations. :/
Chris
Aug 16, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Cute dog, story and illustrations.
Malissa
Jul 20, 2012 Malissa rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-kids

Cute
Callum
Callum marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Stacey Brooke
Stacey Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Omair Nadia Diana
Omair Nadia Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Emily Nabb Baker
Emily Nabb Baker rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Kallie
Kallie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Allen
Allen added it
Mar 16, 2016
T Crockett
T Crockett marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Christy Payne
Christy Payne marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Kyrra
Kyrra rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Leeann
Leeann rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2016
Tim Nelles
Tim Nelles rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016