Start by marking “D.W., Go to Your Room!” as Want to Read:
D.W., Go to Your Room!

D.W., Go to Your Room! (D.W.)

D.W. won't share with her baby sister, and gets sent to her room for a time-out. The punishment seems to last forever-it's not fair! Will D.W. decide she's better off alone, or can she learn to share?
Published April 1st 2001 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about D.W., Go to Your Room!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about D.W., Go to Your Room!

Lindsey Watson
Nov 30, 2013 Lindsey Watson rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
D.W. pinches her little sister and stole her toy so got sent to her room for 10 minutes for being mean. Within that time D.W. began to feel bad for herself and thinking her family is out to get her. She sits in her room and makes the worst of it instead of thinking about what she did and why she is in trouble. She was also given an extra list of chores. D.W., after her punishment began having fun playing with her baby sister and sharing with her. She was hesitant at first but then she began to ...more
Patty
Dec 19, 2011 Patty rated it liked it
Shelves: children-picture
Bailey Huylar
Oct 18, 2013 Bailey Huylar rated it really liked it
Shelves: marc-brown-books
D.W. Go to Your Room is a great book and can be used to teach young children how to share and get along with their siblings and friends. The storyline involves D.W. pinching her little sister and stealing a toy from her. She gets caught by her mother and has to go to her room and do extra chores. While she is very upset about her punishment in the beginning, in the end she is playing nicely and sharing with her little sister. This book does a great job of showing how it is much more fun to get ...more
Ealthafer
Apr 08, 2011 Ealthafer rated it liked it
D.W. is always getting herself in so much trouble and never understands why. I like this book because it can teach kids that just because they dont think they did anything wrong dosent mean that they are innocent. It teaches students to own up for making a mistake and moving on and not blaming it on other people. I would suggest reading this book to a young class that has had trouble sharing and understanding that they actually did do something wrong.
Tam
Jul 19, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: manners
This is a great story of a bossy older sibling and a younger sibling who just wants to help. The way DW reacted was so typical of what I've seen with my oldest child when his younger brother wants to play. My child also stomps off to his room and threatens to run away but in the end everything always works out.
Ruth
Dec 31, 2008 Ruth rated it it was amazing
I was glad to read this one to my grandchildren. Little ones need to learn that if you are not being nice to your siblings (or others) that there will be a punishment. On the other hand it also shows that parents and siblings still love them despite their misbehavings.
Efundunke
Sep 20, 2011 Efundunke rated it it was amazing
Great book to help students reflect on the choices that they make instead of blaming others. I enjoyed reading this story to my students and hearing about times when they got into trouble and what their consequences were.
Samantha
Dec 18, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
D.W. just gets so frustrated with her family. She doesn't see why she should be punished for Baby Kate's actions. This is a nice book...especially for sisters who sometimes can't stand each other but love each other anyway. ;)
Andrew
Jan 11, 2015 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Can't believe there's such a low average rating. Hurts my feelings a little. I thought this one was great, and genuinely hilarious. D.W. does it again.
Kara
Dec 03, 2009 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This book is hilarious, one of my favorites with D.W. Reminds me of my kids and sad to admit, myself =). 4.5
Miri
Apr 13, 2014 Miri rated it liked it
Shelves: arthur
DW gets in trouble for being mean to her sister and is sent to her room. How will she survive this awful punishment?
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2009
Angelica
Angelica rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
Nate B
Nate B rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Theresa
Aug 12, 2011 Theresa rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
good early reader, using text to relate to the television show
Liz Todd
Liz Todd rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Kendra
Kendra rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Kristen Montgomery breh
Kristen Montgomery breh rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
RandySavvage-KFK-2010
RandySavvage-KFK-2010 rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2008
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2011
Cam
Cam rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Virginia Burnham
Virginia Burnham rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Sarah Kuhlman
Sarah Kuhlman rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Lizbeth
Lizbeth rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Fox on Wheels
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa: Partners
  • There Are Monsters Everywhere
  • The Case of the Snack Snatcher (West Meadows Detectives #1)
  • King for a Day
  • Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud
  • King Hugo's Huge Ego
  • Happy Birthday, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #5)
  • We're Going On A Picnic
  • Snowy Day (Curious George)
  • Clueless McGee
  • Hoodwinked
  • Just Like Daddy
  • The Case of the Good-Looking Corpse (The P.K Pinkerton Mysteries, #2)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals
  • The Runaway Rice Cake
  • If You Give a Mouse an iPhone: A Cautionary Tail
  • Wild Berries
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...

D.W. (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • D.W. All Wet
  • D.W. Flips!
  • D.W. Rides Again!
  • D.W. the Picky Eater
  • D.W. Thinks Big
  • D.W.'s Guide to Preschool
  • D.W.'s Library Card (D.W.)
  • D.W.'s Lost Blankie (D.W. Series)
  • D.W.'s Guide to Perfect Manners
  • D.W.'s Perfect Present (Arthur)