Start by marking “Tame” as Want to Read:
Tame

Tame (Tame #1)

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Cavan Carmichael has just transferred to LAPD from rural Oregon. It's Halloween and he's expecting...well, the unexpected, since it's the time of spooky things, and this is LA, after all. Nobody, however, could have predicted an animal abuse call that turns out to reveal a beaten, chained-up man in a garden shed.

Then come the words that Cavan knows will haunt him for life:
Published October 16th 2011 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about Tame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tame

Jacq
Aug 20, 2014 Jacq rated it did not like it
Nice cover, the chemistry was off. To be a wolf/shifter story , this far surpassed weird... DAMN I hope book 2 is better!

Right now I'm pissed.
Serena Yates
Dec 05, 2011 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This is an amazing story. There is the utter realism of the characters, which is outstanding in all its details. Add to that a gripping storyline which had me wondering what was really going on and kept me turning the pages. On top of all that none of it seemed to make sense in relation to all the other werewolf stories I have read (and there have been a few!). As well it shouldn’t have. This is a very different approach to the topic and I totally loved being taken by surprise.

Cavan is a man roo
Silver pixies
Oct 25, 2011 Silver pixies rated it it was amazing
My Review of Tame By A.J. Llewellyn

Tame
by A. J. Llewellyn
ISBN-13: 978-1-61124-192-1 (Electronic)

Then comes the words that Cavan knows will haunt him for life: "Don't worry, I'm tame."
C
Jimmy Hanson
Nov 02, 2014 Jimmy Hanson rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m, shifter, 2014
The writing was really choppy, hints that could have been good fleshing-out bits being teased and then dropped, and too many characters gone into unnecessary detail that didn't need to be. Due to this, there wasn't enough time spent on developing the two main charas so it was like reading about two cut-out characters. Add to that the really ... questionable ... sex scenes that bordered on flat-out bestiality, and what I ended up with was NOT what I thought I'd be getting.

In all honesty, the only
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Sep 24, 2012 Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews rated it really liked it
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Cavan is a cop; he’s just doing his job never expecting to find a man who desperately needs his help. Ludo is a man with secrets, he is stuck in a mess until he is rescued by a policeman and he finds that he is able to trust this man with a heart of gold.

This is a well written story that has a strong story-line and plot. Cavan has just transferred and is struggling to cope with his mother’s issues. Work is goi
Marion
Oct 27, 2014 Marion rated it really liked it
3.75stars
Oct 22, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifters
A title like Tame makes it tempting to respond with "lame", but the story wasn't. That said, I found it difficult to connect with the main characters or story despite how well crafted both are. I am sure some readers will love what is a different look at werewolves, but Tame left me underwhelmed.
Lolene
Feb 16, 2012 Lolene rated it did not like it
A disappointing read. The book length is too short to allow proper character development and ends abruptly.

Having said that, the author has a novel take on the werewolf paradigm and allows lots of scope for followups. The characters are quirky and I would have loved more background on them.
Meggie
Mar 29, 2012 Meggie rated it it was ok
This story was a bit weird. Ludo was interesting, but his strange connection with Cavan wasn't pulling enough. Something was wrong with this story, at least for my taste. I wasn't satisfied with the ending.
Carrie
Jan 21, 2015 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, paranormal
Needed to be longer, the ending left you hanging. I also found some of the characters and plot points to be superfluous. Woild still be interested in reading more about Ludo and Cavan though. I enjoyed them.
Susan
Jul 26, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
I was enjoying this story but then it ended really abruptly. I'm hoping that means there's more to come.
Rachel
Nov 01, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book...interesting story and well written.
Bogusia
Dec 05, 2012 Bogusia rated it really liked it
This book is weird, but I like it :)
Meredith Norville
Meredith Norville marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
LOLA
LOLA rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2015
Ege
Ege rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2015
Arianne
Arianne marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kestrel
Kestrel rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Barb
Barb rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Winter27
Winter27 rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...

Tame (2 books)